X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GODSPEED
    replied
    Linky-Thingy is dead.
    IMHO.... making a kydex can be very easy, making a nice one takes work. Just google/image "kydex sheath" and you'll see some amazing work and some real turds out there. Rivets/eyelets not matching up or even like in the pic above, designs you can tell don't give clearance for the blade, etc. The knife itself (design-wise) also makes a big difference, ex: try making a sheath for a knife like a bowie that's thicker at the tip than the hilt and the kydex will actually seal the knife in place. They do/can look real nice when done right though.

Leave a comment:

• Echo2
    replied
    yup....not hard at all...:)

Leave a comment:

• emergprep
    replied
    I love DIY! Great post, very helpful. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• mjbaker
    replied
    I had no idea that it is that easy to make those sheaths and holsters!

Leave a comment:

• Centurion
    replied
    Great post, wow what a great hobby to have

Leave a comment:

• Axle
    replied
    Ive made so many sheaths out of card board, linoleum, and duct tape. I wish i had the tools to make kydex sheaths

Leave a comment:

• Diesel
    replied
    wow great post! Didn't realize u could do that so easily

Leave a comment:

• slowz1k
    started a topic How to make a Kydex sheath

How to make a Kydex sheath

There is a ton of info on how to make Kydex sheaths and holsters on the internet. The process is pretty simple, and the product is strong and weather resistant.

I have not tried making one, but I do have an old M-3 fighter laying around that could use a new sheath. I might give it a try.
    Anyway, I thought this was a very good "how to" video.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lczZWgN4Kg[/ame]

Also found this guy on the local craigslist that does this. here is a pic of one of his knives.
Working...
X