Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Expensive vs. Inexpensive Fixed Blade

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Here is my "new" knife. It just cost me time, skill and some things I collected along the way.
    Made from dacite, bison leg bone, pine pitch resin and artificial sinew (didn't have the real stuff.).

    Comment


    • #32
      Beautiful job, Dalewick. Will you actually use it? That has to be a labor of love. I'm not so sure I could take that out in the woods, and start whacking things up. Beautifully crafted. I hope it works well for you.
      The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

      Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you are stupid, and make bad decisions.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Morgan101 View Post
        Beautiful job, Dalewick. Will you actually use it? That has to be a labor of love. I'm not so sure I could take that out in the woods, and start whacking things up. Beautifully crafted. I hope it works well for you.
        I'll probably sell it but I have made and used such knives. It's a good feeling to take a hunk of rock and end up with a blade that I can use to gut and process game. It gives me a connection to what our ancestors had to do just to survive. All of us are connected to each other through those ancestors since all of our ancestors broke rocks to survive.

        Dale
        Last edited by dalewick; 10-24-2018, 11:25 AM. Reason: spelling

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by dalewick View Post
          Here is my "new" knife. It just cost me time, skill and some things I collected along the way.
          Made from dacite, bison leg bone, pine pitch resin and artificial sinew (didn't have the real stuff.).
          Dale,
          That Sir is a sexxy ass caveman knife!! Beautiful work.
          I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you!

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by CountryGuy View Post

            Dale,
            That Sir is a sexxy ass caveman knife!! Beautiful work.
            Country, Thank you sir.

            Dale

            Comment

            Working...
            X