No announcement yet.

Expensive vs. Inexpensive Fixed Blade

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new here. the cheapest knife i have .the one i have had the longest and use it the most. stay's on my life jacket. don't think it is full tang.but have never had a problem with it. easy to sharpen holds good edge. good to clean fish. has saw back root saw its the Glock knife about 30 bucks. i love the 2 i got. i picked up number 2 at flea market 20 bucks.

Comment

Those Glock knives are neat! Nothing wrong with them at all.

-Buggy
      It has yet to be proven that intelligence has any survival value.
      -Arthur C. Clarke

Comment

The same place I got my K-Bar carried Glock knives. They remind me of Mora knives. The blade seemed a little light, but they do keep a very good edge, and are razor sharp right out of the box. Price was about what you said $30- $40.00 range.
        The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you are stupid, and make bad decisions.

Comment

I have a $10 Mora 510 and a $12 Mora Classic 1.....both are excellent camp knives. I also have a BHK custom knife that is excellent. Just ordered a BHK frontier valley knife for general camp and food prep chores. May retire all my Case trappers from duty...lol

Comment

Outside of kitchen knifes you guys lost me. Something I guess I will have to check on.

Comment

Apple jack look at it this way.

You want a knife for general camp activities using it for cutting rope, slicing wood chips for fire starting, carving items for the kitchen from wood, chopping, cleaning game, and self defense. You really cannot use a normal kitchen knife for these functions.They would break, bend, and/or get a big chip out of the blade..

They just are not built to take the punishment. Plus you don't want to carry a full set of knives due to weight, and space.

Comment

To jeager I would look at tops knives they are around the 150$ range but the knife will last a long time very high quality .

Comment

Working...
                X