Clear All

• New machete

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	192012 my new machete!
    Semper Fi

I don't think you can go wrong with Cold Steel. They are legit.
    "Oh, America. I wish I could tell you that this was still America, but I've come to realize that you can't have a country without people. And there are no people here. No, my friends. This is now the United States of Zombieland"

"The constitution does not guarantee our safety, only our liberty!" Robert Steed before congress 3/2013

Skills Beats Stuff

Comment

Nice Bolo, take it out and put it through it's paces take pics and let us know how it worked out for you. I had one (Not Cold Steel) it broke, but my son got me a new one (Not Cold Steel). I still haven't used it. :)

Comment

Been looking at machete's this is one I'm considering. My "el cheapo" is ok but been thinking I need to up grade. Post how you like after you use it!
        You don't have to be perfect, but you better be smart!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Paratrooper89 View Post
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]8595[/ATTACH] my new machete!
          That's a Kukri knife. One of the best designs ever. The Gurkah's make them in Nepal...and they are known to be, arguably, the toughest military troops in the world. Cold Steel is one of the best production knives you can buy, you won't be disappointed. I carry one of these rigs from Hedgehog Leather Works...I splurged and got the full sheath, firestarter and tinder pocket.

Name:	HomePageFeatureSmall-02.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	187669

...I love it as a bush too and knife...some hate it because the movies, I'm not one of them. I've integrated my completely into my life in the field. I'll own a Kukri design like yours one day...this guy makes a real quality product, custom and it's just in the affordable range. Beautiful sheaths and hand made Kukris, and he answers emails personally...and quickly. I dig your new blade dude. Right on.

http://knivesbyhand.com/Knives__For_Sale.html
          ...those who fail to prepare are preparing to fail...

Comment

Originally posted by Paratrooper89 View Post
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]8595[/ATTACH] my new machete!
            I love the Kukri's dude. You gotta read about how tough the Gurkah troops are who carry them. I'll own one made by this guy as my next chopper, hand-made Kukri and sheath. His name is Frank. He makes a few different designs and he's a stand-up guy. I emailed him a few times and he answered all my questions personally, and timely. Cold Steel is a great company man...can't go wrong with any of their blades, IMHO.

http://knivesbyhand.com/Knives__For_Sale.html

Comment

One last thing, I carry this rig in the field.

Name:	HomePageFeatureSmall-02.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	187670

Some love the T1 and some hate it. I love it and have completely integrated it into my battle-rhythm in the field. The sheath is from Hedgehog Leather Works...it is daggone art. All hand made, and it has a 25 year warrantee, unless you use it for target practice...Great bush tool...the "Frank Bowie Defender" is a similar design to the T1. Frank's work is masterful, IMHO. The Frank Bowie defender is below.

Name:	FB.jpg
Size:	10.2 KB
ID:	187671

Lastly, Semper Fi. This place is filled with servicemembers.

Aldo,
              USMC
              Last edited by Aldo; 02-15-2014, 10:29 PM.

Comment

i have one. i like it. but i dont like how thin the blade is. its not for splitting wood. so i bought a kabar kukri. not real thick but thicker than the cold steel and is a all around great machete .splits wood, cuts wood, cleans fish, if ya choke up on it you can whittle, pointed so you can use it for protection {slash and stab}. just google it. having both i like the later better.

Comment

Sorry, I've been super busy the past few days. I will us the heck of it in the next few days and will post some pics and give you my opinion on it.
                  Semper Fi

Comment

I have one also! A few months ago, I decided to get stupid with a Dremmel! Here is the outcome:

Name:	995842_1538284993062314_1038986013_n.jpg
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	187679

Ha ha!

-Buggy
                    I'm not a fatalist. I'm a realist.

Comment

Originally posted by Buggyout View Post
                      I have one also! A few months ago, I decided to get stupid with a Dremmel! Here is the outcome:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8616[/ATTACH]

Ha ha!

-Buggy
                      wow dude...that dremel made its money

Comment

So far I'm not supper impressed with it. BUT, I have not done anything that I would not do with a regular machete.First thing I noticed was it need a better edge. So far what I have used ti for, bushes, small 1/2 inch limbs, it has performed well. Taking some advise I may not try to split wood with it. I have a Shrade " camp ax" ,as they call it, most of us would call it a hatchet , for splitting wood that works very well. I have an old one that I got when my grandfather passed away 10 years ago. He got it in Peru and so far I have not found one that can compete with it.
                        Semper Fi

Comment

Just a little side note. I made a mistake taking off the coating of my machete. It is hard to keep the rust off now, although it looks cool. Ha! The good news is that they are so cheap, I think I'll order another.

-Buggy
                          I'm not a fatalist. I'm a realist.

Comment

i have these did you know it was recently featured in the walking dead
                            side note you will be very happy with it very tough machete
                            fixed blades: rather have one and not need it than need it and not have it!

Comment

I have a Hibben machete/chopper I've put through the wringer...it's 1/4" thick...basically a leaf spring. They make a fancy one with a handle...I've love mine. I have another skinner and sheath gorilla-glued to the sheath, a little-kids leather bracelet that snaps (got it at the county fair) stuck in side the belt loop to secure the knife in sheath...I've got it covered in industrian velcro too...that's how carry my sharpening stone, name tag, flag, schwagggg...the yellow patch on the end of he sheath is a repair...blew it out crushing ice...I ground some metal out of the handle a re-wrapped it...small hands...lanyard is made of glow in the dark skulls..."ranger beads"...pace counters for navigating with a compass, etc....I've carried it for a few years. I dig it. Now I carry a Tom Brown Tracker T1 and carry my machete like a hatchet for batoning and such, it keeps a sharp enough edge to make light work of thin grass too...some would argue that it's not a machete...but that's how I use it. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Name:	IMG_0784.jpg
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	187691

Link to original knife
                              http://www.tacticalwholesalers.com/G...h_p_95851.html
                              Last edited by Aldo; 02-26-2014, 02:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X