No announcement yet.

Nuclear Attack: Are you Prepared?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

something new that cropped up today ..... NZ prep plans for a nuke war ....

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6S...lZOWZqcEk/view

Comment

Morgan you are so right. I think maybe one room in the house would be a better solution than the whole house. More than likely it would be our bedroom since we have a small bathroom in there as well and can do that also. Only thing would be to make sure we have plenty of bottled water and food we don't have to cook in that room. Didn't know about the lead lined dry wall. We would have 3 windows to do so could be costly but may be worth it. Will have to check into it. Still just not sure if anything will really happen. But that guy in N. Korea is a loose cannon. You just never know what his real intentions will be.

Comment

Most people have seen the 1950's bomb drop with the two story house being destroyed. What they don't show is the basement with a safe room with dummies that did survive a blast 1500 meters away. Something to think about.

If you are going to make a safe room think of from which direction would a blast come from. Do you live well outside city limits? IS there a military base near by? Are there important government structures near by? What about a major dam? Once you can base risk assessment on local facts you can make a better idea of which room to use.

Comment

Rich the back bedroom for use is the safest place we could make as a safe room. We have no major dams, nor government structures near us. The only problem is the naval base that is about 30 miles from us and the coast guard is about 20 miles from us. We are maybe two hours from a nuclear power plant or just a bit further than that. But at least two hours way for sure. We are very aware of our situation but at this time there is nothing more that we can do but make the back bedroom into a form of safe room. The rest of the house is pretty much an open concept.

Comment

Applejack make sure you have plastic wrap and duck tape to cover the inside of windows and doors. Does this room have a bathroom attached?

All outside windows should have hurricane shutters (Metal) or use 3/4 exterior plywood with 3 inch exterior screws to hold it down a minimum of 1 screw per foot of window edge.

PS: after you cut the plywood look to painting it the same color as your exterior. They will last longer.

Comment

Rich there is a bathroom attached with one window. It is a small bathroom so would be easy to do. The house is brick with white trim. If I paint the plywood I guess I could go with brick red or white. But either way painting the wood is a good idea. Not going to do anything right now but would like to have things together as I really don't want to wait till the time comes to have to go out and buy what I need.. I could have everything cut down to the size I need and store in shed. Would just make things easier that way. But for now I am just watching news and learning.

Comment

Kim's strategic missile map is a weird one! The one he showed behind his generals. It's all propaganda. "If" he has his longest range ICBM and "if" it works, it has a 10,000 KM range. That won't even come close to the eastern United States.

Me, however in Kaliforniastan, I'm within range. However, his only "target:" is San Diego. I won't even hear the boom, much less have any fallout from a low yield nuclear weapon. My only problem will be all the snowflakes heading up from the area. THAT in itself is worse than anything North Korea could throw at in The Great State of Jefferson! Shoot... I'd take his army landing on the beaches before I would the crazy people from down south.

Remember, Nuclear weapons, like what he has supposedly, Are tiny yield weapons.

Not to mention all of our defense capabilities, most the general population has no clue over. There is a whole 'nother world us regular folks have no clue of - Technologies. Plans. Capabilities.

Did I tell you my first job in the military was an Intelligence Analyst? Even 30 years ago, we had stuff that would wow you even now.

AJ. I think you are safe.

-Buggy
                It has yet to be proven that intelligence has any survival value.
                -Arthur C. Clarke

Comment

Buggy I know I will be safe from what's going on with little Kim. It's Russia and Iran I don't trust. Also we are in a bubble that will burst. People will loose their savings at some point in time and there is still the threat of an EMP, It really is hard to really plan and prepare for the unknown. But sooner or later something is going to happen. I am prepared for natural disasters but all this other stuff will bring riots and who knows what else. That is what I have to figure out how to prepare for. Not an easy task. I think civil unrest is going to happen at some point as well.

Comment

They have been saying on a couple of news channels that Kim's tech is 1950's tech and Buggy says their bombs are tiny and low yield. What we don't know is how dirty his bomb is.... If all he manages to hit is the West coast, any where from San Diego to Alaska, and it is a dirty bomb, the fall out will be a huge problem, extending 100's of miles to the east for several weeks. To me that is the most likely scenario. That I can prep for. The aftermath if he fires one, whether or not it actually hits any thing other than the middle of the ocean is what I can't prep for other than Trust in God and our military.

On another point I live in a house completely covered in metal, window glass being the on exception. It is ferrous metal, the kind a fridge magnet sticks to. Would this become radioactive from fall out and how long would it remain? The rain would wash away the dust but would the metal become radioactive from being in contact with fall out?

Comment

in regard to TIME - just several minutes for some targets like DC - the sub launched nuke tipped Tomahawk type missiles would be just offshore .... 1st priority sub targets farther inland like Omaha, Cheyenne Mt and the ICBM sites would get a few more minutes of warning .... if the four major NORAD radar bases are eliminated and control & command disrupted - we wouldn't get any warning at all of the major ICBM launch ... basic plan is to keep the retaliatory strike to minimum numbers - just the sub part of the Triad if possible ....

Comment

It' not the N. Koran missiles we need to worry about. We have only 350,000 troops and N. Koran has over 1 million, 300 troops. They out number us in troop size. But either way don't under estimate China who hates us and Russia. WW 3 is coming and we could be the ones that start it. Will just have to wait to see what happens. I am not going to worry about it as we can only do so much. Trump is right in what he is doing and I really can't say much more than that as the rules here will not let me say any more.

Comment

Originally posted by Applejack View Post
                          It' not the N. Koran missiles we need to worry about. We have only 350,000 troops and N. Koran has over 1 million, 300 troops. They out number us in troop size. But either way don't under estimate China who hates us and Russia. WW 3 is coming and we could be the ones that start it. Will just have to wait to see what happens. I am not going to worry about it as we can only do so much. Trump is right in what he is doing and I really can't say much more than that as the rules here will not let me say any more.

the US and South Korea aren't getting into another 1950s slug fest .... going to do another regime deflater like in Iraq and the Balkans - take out the toys and watch their power shrink - a conventionally armed NK can sit in the dark & cold all they want ....

Comment

The one thing we can not have is N Korea with 50-100 Nukes that have both short range and mid range missiles. We need to stop them NOW! Before a little problem becomes a big problem!

Comment

Working...
                            X