Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working on the "Blackout" curtain installation. And progressing on the "Blackout" shutters for outside. Working towards achieving total "Light Lock" of the cabin, with zero light escaping.
    One day you eat the chicken.....next day the left-over chicken.....next five days you eat chicken feathers, head and feet.

Comment

• I have bought GI Molle backpack for preparing worse. It has plenty of space to store essential items. Thanks to the delivery man who shipped it today itself. https://www.pnasurplus.com/product-category/bags-packs/

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmymark View Post
        I have bought GI Molle backpack for preparing worse. It has plenty of space to store essential items. Thanks to the delivery man who shipped it today itself. https://www.pnasurplus.com/product-category/bags-packs/
        Funny how your email is the same as the company you "purchased" this pack from. I hope you got a good deal!

lol!

-Buggy
        I'm not a fatalist. I'm a realist.

Comment

• Comment

• I got quiet a few pint and quart canning jars with a few other types.for free .then went bought lids,labeled and cheesecloth. didn't find any rings anywhere thoe.
            be prepared,be worried,be careful..and watch your 6

Comment

• Canning up another cannerload of meat

Comment

• I Pooped today.......well.....don't laugh, gott'a start with the basics.
                One day you eat the chicken.....next day the left-over chicken.....next five days you eat chicken feathers, head and feet.

Comment

• Since last post:

I repaired the rototiller. I purchased a 1957 Ferguson 35 gas tractor with loader, brush mower, box blade, and back blade. Now, I will be able to maintain my driveway all year round. I will be able to greatly expand my garden and offer garden space to family. If necessary, I will be able to bury the dead.

I purchased a chiller so I can cool the water in the aquaponic tanks this summer. However, I have found it is much easier to heat water in the winter than to cool it in the summer, so I will probably go back to raising Tilapia next year.

I purchased a pressure canner, jars, lids, and rings. I made several practice micro-batches of various canned meats and vegetables. My wife refuses to try any of the canned food. I found every item to be very good. But it had only been three months. I plan to have at least 100 jars on hand by fall, but I don't plan to can anything until it becomes necessary, and then I will can from my frozen stores.

We will be starting our seeds this weekend. The rule around here is never to plant before Memorial Day. So, no rush.
                  If it was man made it can be man re-made.

Comment

• Yesterday, we took the kayaks out for the first time this year, I am a little bit sore from muscles I have not talked to all winter. Today I am moving chicken fencing to have them destroy the vegetation around my slash piles so I can get those burnt (19 of them around 15ft tall and 20-30 ft across), and I may even get around to make my tool shed from the pallets I busted down. It is sunny today, so those are good projects for the day.

Comment

• I pump iron 2 days per week, do aerobics 2days per week, and walk an hour or more 2 days per week. However, I eat far too much, so i'm 40 lbs over weight. Lots of muscle, but I can't run for diddly.

Comment

• I walk every day, I dont run anywhere-flat feet.

Comment

• Tried 20 year stored pasta - shells- took a minute longer to cook but still tasted good - not stale or old.... Combined well with home canned chicken soup.

Comment

Working...
                          X