This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cedar View Post
    I usually do as at the last home, some possessed or rabid ravens clawed out every single window and sliding glass door screen each year.

Make sure yp have the tool for splimng them back in as well.

Cedar
    Cedar, Ravens are very territorial and if there are perches close by the windows so they see there reflections, they will attack them. Thus the torn up screens. Set an old mirror out and that will possibly keep them busy and away from your windows

Dale.
    Judge no one, until you have walked in the same mud and spilt the same blood. Him, I call brother.

Comment

• I figured it was a territorial thing. My ex wanted to call the police until I convinced him it was merely birds doing it. There is a deck with a rail all around that olace, which we used as a B&B, but since I am no longer there,......Its his problem now lol

Robins attack windows too, but not as extreme as this was.

Thanks for the advice.

Cedar

Comment

• I had a cabin, with a covered bird feeder just inches from the window, which was handy, as you could just slide the window open and add bird food. If there was no food the Magpies/Canadian Jays/Whisky Jacks would peck at the glass on the window till you filled the birdfeeder.

It was very loud, like someone was pounding on the door. This time of year "Dawn" is about 2:AM. Well that feeder better have food at 2:AM or they start pounding. They actually chip the glass they peck so hard. The window looks like it was sandblasted.
        Last edited by Sourdough; 07-03-2018, 06:58 PM.

Comment

• My grocery store had a sale on canned Ravioli and Spaghetti-O's for 60 cents a can.. I had her buy 100 cans for our storage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Murphy View Post
            My grocery store had a sale on canned Ravioli and Spaghetti-O's for 60 cents a can.. I had her buy 100 cans for our storage.
            that's a good buy... we got some of the walmart brand a month or so back for around that price
            I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you!

Comment

• Originally posted by CountryGuy View Post

that's a good buy... we got some of the walmart brand a month or so back for around that price
              Ya.. pretty much anytime I see it for under a buck a can for the 15oz units, we buy some.. Its just comfort food, probably not the healthiest thing to be eating but it does have carbs, fat and protein.

Comment

• kids like it and in the stress of a shtf anything they'll eat will be a good thing. comfort food all the way and it will help reduce the stress on them.

well short term... after a few days back to eating their broccoli with their Spaghetti-O's
                I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you!

Comment

• Today I started packing sawdust up the mountain. In just about any container. Mostly using the backpack and wheelbarrow, It has been in the 80's and with 22 hours of sun, there is a lot of dry sawdust. makes good firestarter for the woodstoves. Add a 1/4 cup of used crankcase oil and some kindling.

Comment

• I "canned" variety cans of ammo today, for distribution to caches.

Comment

• I have been on a Tansy Ragwort eradition binge this week. Got it all pulled from my property, walked down our 1.8 mile road today and pulled around 80-100 plants from alongside the road, tossing tbem in tbe middle to kill the seed from the heat of the road. Maybe other people will start pulling this toxic noxious weed off their properties as well.

Cedar
                      Last edited by Cedar; 07-10-2018, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X