This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diesel View Post
    How do you plan to brace/re-enforce the under side of the garage floor as your ceiling?
    Currently I plan to use pressure treated 4X4s running horizontal along the cieling and vertical to the ground with a flat patio block for the base. I don't think that I am going to need more than 2 or 3 of these braces. I started tunneling today and it made me wonder if I have bitten off more than I can chew. Using a maddox (not sure of spelling) pick on one end and blade on other, I'm picking at limestone or some kind of shell rock and roots. The only encouraging thing is at times the rock will break off in one foot squares and it makes you feel like you are making progress. If it worked, I've uploaded some pics, I don't know how much you can tell by these. The dog is Mischa, my help. lol
    Attached Files
    The strongest reason for the people to retain their right to keep and bear arms is as a last resort to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

WOW what a cool project and thanks for the pics, they make all the difference in the world. You can describe something until you are blue in the face, but as they say a pic is wroth a thousand words. Really cool, thanks for sharing! Keep us posted with progress pics
      WHAT IF THE AMERICA YOU KNEW, WAS ABOUT TO CHANGE?

The best thing you can do to support the site is pass it on to your friends and fav sites like other forums, facebook, twitter etc. Let people know about us! :)

Comment

Tonight I reloaded 200 rounds of 30 carbine ammo for the old trusty M-1. I put the loading instructions under "weapons". Of course I will probably shoot them up before I need em. But, I will reload them again.

Comment

BUMP let's hear it

The best thing you can do to support the site is pass it on to your friends and fav sites like other forums, facebook, twitter etc. Let people know about us! :)

Comment

BUMP let's hear it
            I bought another rifle, finished my schnazzy new homemade knife, and finished reloading 250 rounds of 7.62 x 39. I also bought more accessories for my rifle and some other stuff online. Tomorrow I go out to find another Ruger 10/22.

Comment

yeah i need a 10/22 also

Comment

yeah i need a 10/22 also
                I have 2 right now, but one more won't hurt. I found one in a hock shop for $185.00. However it is blued and has a wood stock. Acadamy has then NIB stainless, synthetic stock for $219.00. I am going to hit all the hock shops here in Odessa. I hit em all in Midland today. My only complaint with Academy is they won't negotiate on price. Here is a little write up on the .22 shooting a (butchered) turkey at 300 yards.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubb...=782785&page=1
                Last edited by Rustyshakelford; 12-26-2008, 07:08 PM.

Comment

That's actually amazing to me...we were taught that 150yds was pushing the envelope of lethality for the .22lr...
                  "I Have Sworn Upon the Altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves, in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." -Frederic Bastiat

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Saw View Post
                    That's actually amazing to me...we were taught that 150yds was pushing the envelope of lethality for the .22lr...
                    150 yards is what I consider max, but I guess I was wrong.

Comment

I'm absolutely floored. most people shoot .22s in their backyards.. very dangerous I guess.

I think we need our own Xcolony crew to do some testing! What do ya say guys

Comment

I'm absolutely floored. most people shoot .22s in their backyards.. very dangerous I guess.

I think we need our own Xcolony crew to do some testing! What do ya say guys

Yeah. I could give it a "shot". Not sure when, but I will do it.

Comment

Originally posted by smf1971
                          I picked up gunpowder for reloading today. 1lb H335, 2lb Win 231, 1lb Greendot. I also picked up CCI primers 2k 500 small pistol and 1k 450 small rifle (magnum).

I'm also added more canned food to my short term food supply. (Coupons are great)

I'm going to inventory my long term food storage tonight.
                          Photos of that inventory would be great!

Comment

Made a couple of can stoves.

Pulled some 10" hack saw blades out of a tool box to try to make a few knives. Didn't get that far.

Read a few chapters in my new self-reliant living book.

Flipped thru a couple of my FoxFire books.

Walked the perimeter of my property.

Checked on an ammo order that is well over a month old.

Scoped out a site for a garden plot next spring. (Right now I don't have enough sun to even grow a tomato. Heavy tree cover.)
                            JUST CURIOUS? PRUNES ARE DEHYDRATED PLUMS. SO WHERE DOES PRUNE JUICE COME FROM?

Comment

I joined this forum and reached out to a neighbor who preps too, Rusty!
                              My dearest Wife added 50lbs of rice, 25 lbs of pintos, 2 cases of soup and 2 cases of canned tomates (I think that's what she said) to the food storage.

Comment

Originally posted by West Texas! View Post
                                I joined this forum and reached out to a neighbor who preps too, Rusty!
                                My dearest Wife added 50lbs of rice, 25 lbs of pintos, 2 cases of soup and 2 cases of canned tomates (I think that's what she said) to the food storage.
                                excellent!

Comment

Working...
                                X