Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you plan on for cooking food?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What do you plan on for cooking food?

    If the crap hits the wind machine.....what do you plan on cooking with?

    We have a bunch of camp stoves....multi fuel types.

    we have a full size range and oven....propane.

    we have a wood cook stove.....and typical wood stoves.

    and we are in the process of setting up a exterior kitchen....with large wood fired oven and such.

    What are your plans?

    something to keep in mind....a hungry man can smell cooking food from a mile or so away....:eek:
    Last edited by Echo2; 05-13-2011, 11:30 PM.
    Live like you'll die tomorrow, learn like you'll live forever.

  • #2
    Have multi fuel stoves, smoker, grill, and propane stove in trailer. I'm looking for a wood cook stove. And another propane stove but a full size.

    Comment


    • #3
      well I have two Camp stoves, after that I have a smoker and a large BBQ pit, and Im working on collecting enough Field stone to build a stone pit and Oven in the back.

      Id Like to save power for other things. maybe a deep freeze LOL.

      Comment


      • #4
        Besides camp stoves, we have a lot of the heavy black pots and skillets that you use to cook over a campfire with. My wife also bought a rig that holds the pots and skillets at various levels to adjust the heat. She usually cooks a meal or two with them every month to stay in practice. She prepares a full course meal, cooks biscuits and even a cobbler every once in a while.
        " If you want to live, treat me good " Peter Tosh

        Comment


        • #5
          We have propane on the grill and the kitchen stove. This still won't get me a usable oven. I'm still looking for an old gas oven that has pilots to use. We also have a wood stove with a top suitable for cooking on. I started years ago, collecting cast iron cookware, so I'm all set for thet. I also have a dutch oven cookbook, so I can get some sort of bread made.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by herbalpagan View Post
            We have propane on the grill and the kitchen stove. This still won't get me a usable oven. I'm still looking for an old gas oven that has pilots to use. We also have a wood stove with a top suitable for cooking on. I started years ago, collecting cast iron cookware, so I'm all set for thet. I also have a dutch oven cookbook, so I can get some sort of bread made.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13Ah9ES2yTU
            Live like you'll die tomorrow, learn like you'll live forever.

            Comment


            • #7
              I have camp stove, outside fire pit, smoker, grill, and wood stove if in the winter.
              "We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately."
              -Ben Franklin

              Comment


              • #8
                I too have camp stoves, and charcoal grills. We have a MSR pocket rocket stove and if it has flames, Im learning to cook on it! We stock up on fuel for the stoves when ever we make it out for shopping. I have started collecting cast iron pans as well. Still need to learn how to do bread on them.. um, not so good.. :)
                If the zombies chase us, Im tripping you!!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by maric View Post
                  I too have camp stoves, and charcoal grills. We have a MSR pocket rocket stove and if it has flames, Im learning to cook on it! We stock up on fuel for the stoves when ever we make it out for shopping. I have started collecting cast iron pans as well. Still need to learn how to do bread on them.. um, not so good.. :)
                  making bread with cast iron....one of these comes in very handy....:)



                  This is the model I use.

                  You can get a cheapy from HF that works good enough for cooking.....for about $40.00 or less.
                  Last edited by Echo2; 05-16-2011, 06:00 PM.
                  Live like you'll die tomorrow, learn like you'll live forever.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Echo2 View Post
                    making bread with cast iron....one of these comes in very handy....:)



                    This is the model I use.

                    You can get a cheapy from HF that works good enough for cooking.....for about $40.00 or less.
                    Ill be damned! Ill have to check that out! I swear I learn something new, everyday from this site :) So now my list is a Firefly for my Naglene bottle and this little contraption, Im guessing it is a temp gauge for the cast iron- or am I way off?? For a minute there, I kinda feel like and idiot.. lol..
                    If the zombies chase us, Im tripping you!!!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Fire pit, outdoor grill, pig roaster (too big) lol...perfect for a community though, small Snow Peak canister stove, coleman stove and my Littlbug Senior.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by maric View Post
                        Ill be damned! Ill have to check that out! I swear I learn something new, everyday from this site :) So now my list is a Firefly for my Naglene bottle and this little contraption, Im guessing it is a temp gauge for the cast iron- or am I way off?? For a minute there, I kinda feel like and idiot.. lol..
                        it is generally used by industry to check the temp of surfaces....however....Mr Alton Brown on the food network has one for checking the surface of cooking devices....you can use it for checking temp of cast iron.....griddle surfaces.....brake drums....A/C vents....etc....I use them for work to check preheat before welding....and I have one in the kitchen for baking amd things like pancakes....:)
                        Live like you'll die tomorrow, learn like you'll live forever.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X