Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giver of Doom
    replied

I carry a few of these in my pack or in my kayak to keep my things safe and dry. A year ago today one saved my life. The box was one of a few things that survived when my kayak turned over when I hit a log jam. My cell phone just happen to be in the one that was floating next to where I turned over. The state police were able to find me by the GPS in my cell phone, but it still took 6 hours for a rescue boat a reach me.

Leave a comment:

• monet861
    replied
    I keep my #10 cans in the 6 can cardboard cases(They are in a closet, so the cardboard stays OK). I find they are the perfect size, not heavy and the cans do not move. I throw a P38 in each case. Home Depot has some pretty good size totes that are black w/ yellow tops that are very though. I have a couple of those ready to go into the truck if necessary.

In my BOB I keep everything in different size zip lock bags. If I need anytype of storage, they will come in handy.

Leave a comment:

• TennOutdoors
    replied
    slow. I do that too. just in case I have to do the bug out boogie. can have a large chunk of my preps and gear loaded in ten minutes.

2Minutes. I know the feeling LOL been there done that once or twice.

Leave a comment:

• 2Minutes
    replied
    If schlepping heavy stuff, like canned goods, go with smaller tubs rather than larger. This may be a no brainer, but its easy to screw up your back, muscles, etc. even if you are lifting it right. Had a bad moving experience (Stephen King books are heavy in more ways than one) and paid for it for a couple months. But... tubs and organizing very good - spend time on front end of preparing so you don't do it on the back end.

Leave a comment:

• slowz1k
    replied
    Totally in the opposite direction from what you meant... I use storage containers for my canned goods. The large 20gal tubs with lids. They stack well and though a bit heavy when loaded, they're pre-packed and ready to throw on the trailer if I need to hit the road quick.

On topic:
    I do use some pill bottles, tupperware, and Otters, but for the most part my GHB, EDC, are all organized with various pouches and bags.

Leave a comment:

• PT945
    replied
    I use the plastic pencils type boxes in mine.

Leave a comment:

• Echo2
    replied
    yup....film canasters and altoid tins....I have a few Otter Boxes for the eletronics and such.....

Too many and weight becomes an issue though.

Leave a comment:

• TennOutdoors
    started a topic using storage containers.

using storage containers.

Just curious. does any one else use plastic storage containers (waterproof or not) to pack gear into for their BOB or regular pack.

I find it makes organizing my Packs simple and keeps things like spare bulbs and other breakable odds and sods safe.

I also use Waterproof pill bottles. To store things like lighter Flints, Tinder, matches, spices or what have you. my local Pharmacy will give me four or five empty ones at a time.
Working...
X