X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Echo2
    replied
    Originally posted by slowz1k View Post
    My 11 year old daughter has started a "business" making paracord bracelets. She cranks out a few each night, and carries/displays them on her bag when she's out.
    She also roped me into her "distribution" curcuit. Here's a pic of my EDC today. :rolleyes::o:o:o
    I sold two at Food Lion the other night!!! Of course I don't get a cut of the profits :mad: :)

The things we do for our kids.:rolleyes:

How many feet does she use for each bracelet?

Leave a comment:

• Diesel
    replied
    Originally posted by Skyowl View Post
    Sorry guys, I've been lax in my duties as a husband. She is now educated.
    hahah that'a boy Skyowl ;)

Leave a comment:

• slowz1k
    replied
    My 11 year old daughter has started a "business" making paracord bracelets. She cranks out a few each night, and carries/displays them on her bag when she's out.
    She also roped me into her "distribution" curcuit. Here's a pic of my EDC today. :rolleyes::o:o:o
    I sold two at Food Lion the other night!!! Of course I don't get a cut of the profits :mad: :)

The things we do for our kids.:rolleyes:

Last edited by slowz1k; 04-13-2011, 09:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Echo2
    replied
    Originally posted by Skyowl's Wife View Post
    Fellows, educate me. What is the useful purpose of a paracord bracelet?
    Try to start a fire with a bow....and not loose a shoelace.....:)

just enough for a handcuff knot too....

Leave a comment:

• Skyowl's Wife
    replied
    Thanks, DH. I'll watch the video!

For those w/o a DH to enlighten them, it's to have paracord (the duct tape equivalent in the string/light rope world) handy in a configuration that won't get lost easily.
    Last edited by Skyowl's Wife; 04-13-2011, 08:46 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Skyowl
    replied
    Sorry guys, I've been lax in my duties as a husband. She is now educated.

Leave a comment:

• Skyowl's Wife
    replied
    Fellows, educate me. What is the useful purpose of a paracord bracelet?

Leave a comment:

• Echo2
    replied
    I keep a couple 550 cord bracelets hooked on my pack with a couple figure 9s

Leave a comment:

• Oatmealer
    replied
    Originally posted by prkchp76 View Post
    i love it guys i have the same knife sharpener i carry a kershaw lock blade in the right pocket sog multi tool on the belt sog neck knife on my dog tags usually wear justin pull on boots so i'm trying to incorperate the 550 cord in there wish some one would show how to make the bracelets on here that would be helpfull
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPO19rXgaIo <---Is how I learned to do it. Just from a silly YouTube video. The video is annoying lol, but it will show how to do it. It takes 2-3 times to actually "know" what your doing, to recognize the weaves you are doing, and the technique. Then you can basically do it fast, efficient and easy. Takes about 20 minutes to make one once you become proficient. I do use the carabeener and the clothes hanger, works out great.
    A few hints:
    1. Weave as close as you can from each end of the "core" piece. The weave will actually "slide" with some force if you weave it tight, either way to center it.
    2. Weave it tight. It will become very rigid, and you can have more paracord at your disposal.
    3. Depending on the brand of 550 cord that you get, it may have a bit of a problem with "shrinking" if you get it wet. Trial and error is best here. You may have to make your "core" piece a small bit longer to adjust.
    4. Once your bracelet has shrunk (if it actually shrinks) wear it in the shower and wash it with your shampoo or body wash. This may slowly break down the paracord, but I'm tellin ya, if you wear it 24/7, it WILL begin to smell funky. I wear mine in the shower and just hit it with the shampoo/body wash and it seems to keep the stank at bay, but I imagine, as mentioned previously, it must break it down a bit. So, replace them every few months.
    Last edited by Oatmealer; 04-09-2011, 10:34 PM. Reason: typo

Leave a comment:

• Brother Bill
    replied
    That's almost my exact EDC just different brands. ( I'm cheep) But I did the same thing with my boots.

Leave a comment:

• Diesel
    replied
    you can never waste space here upload anything on topic

Leave a comment:

• Oatmealer
    replied
    I figured you were pulling my leg, but ya can never be too sure :) I had the pic taken but didn't upload it fearing it would be a waste of space lol

Leave a comment:

• Oscar Wilde
    replied
    Originally posted by Oatmealer View Post
    Picture added...

Only problem is you have to double tie them or they tend to come untied quite easy due to the "laces" being round.
    I was jus pullin your leg Oatmealer ....

O.W.

Leave a comment:

• prkchp76
    replied
    i love it guys i have the same knife sharpener i carry a kershaw lock blade in the right pocket sog multi tool on the belt sog neck knife on my dog tags usually wear justin pull on boots so i'm trying to incorperate the 550 cord in there wish some one would show how to make the bracelets on here that would be helpfull

Leave a comment:

• Oatmealer
    replied
    Picture added...

Only problem is you have to double tie them or they tend to come untied quite easy due to the "laces" being round.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X