Everyday Carry Items

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everyday Carry Items

Thought maybe I could give some examples and ideas about what you could carry everyday that is light weight, yet functional. I would love to hear everyone's ideas also!

My everyday carry items. Leatherman Charge TTi with S30V steel blade + bit kit containing 8 double sided bits and utility knife blade taped to the back, Smiths Carbide/Ceramic knife sharpener, diamond coated sharpener for blades and hooks, magnesium fire starter, 4" x 3/8" flint, aluminum striker, cut down carpenters pencil, 6' roll of duct tape, 5' of 550 cord, small glow stick, Wetfire tinder, sewing needle, small safety pin, large safety pin, ITP A3 EOS waterproof LED flashlight 10/50/80 lumen, spare lithium Energizer AAA battery wrapped in 5' duct tape. Zippo. Approx 20ft 7 strand 550lb paracord in 2 cobra weave bracelets, military style Citizen Eco-Drive watch that is powered by artificial and natural light so there is no need for new batteries. It is water resistant down to 100 meters. 20 minutes of direct sunlight will charge it enough to be operating and accurate for a full 6 months in total darkness. The hands and numbers are luminescent. It is still bright enough to read after a full nights sleep in complete darkness. Also re-laced my Timberland waterproof light-weight hiking boots with black 550 cord.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Oatmealer; 04-09-2011, 09:55 PM. Reason: Forgot something
    “Efficiency is intelligent laziness.”

Originally posted by Oatmealer View Post
    .... Also re-laced my Timberland waterproof light-weight hiking boots with black 550 cord.
    I don't believe it .... lets see em'.

O.W.
    Things are seldom what they seem.

Comment

Picture added...

Only problem is you have to double tie them or they tend to come untied quite easy due to the "laces" being round.

Comment

i love it guys i have the same knife sharpener i carry a kershaw lock blade in the right pocket sog multi tool on the belt sog neck knife on my dog tags usually wear justin pull on boots so i'm trying to incorperate the 550 cord in there wish some one would show how to make the bracelets on here that would be helpfull
        the pack that plays together stays together

Comment

Originally posted by Oatmealer View Post
          Picture added...

Only problem is you have to double tie them or they tend to come untied quite easy due to the "laces" being round.
          I was jus pullin your leg Oatmealer ....

O.W.
          Things are seldom what they seem.

Comment

I figured you were pulling my leg, but ya can never be too sure :) I had the pic taken but didn't upload it fearing it would be a waste of space lol

Comment

you can never waste space here upload anything on topic
              WHAT IF THE AMERICA YOU KNEW, WAS ABOUT TO CHANGE?

The best thing you can do to support the site is pass it on to your friends and fav sites like other forums, facebook, twitter etc. Let people know about us! :)

Comment

That's almost my exact EDC just different brands. ( I'm cheep) But I did the same thing with my boots.

Comment

Originally posted by prkchp76 View Post
                  i love it guys i have the same knife sharpener i carry a kershaw lock blade in the right pocket sog multi tool on the belt sog neck knife on my dog tags usually wear justin pull on boots so i'm trying to incorperate the 550 cord in there wish some one would show how to make the bracelets on here that would be helpfull
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPO19rXgaIo <---Is how I learned to do it. Just from a silly YouTube video. The video is annoying lol, but it will show how to do it. It takes 2-3 times to actually "know" what your doing, to recognize the weaves you are doing, and the technique. Then you can basically do it fast, efficient and easy. Takes about 20 minutes to make one once you become proficient. I do use the carabeener and the clothes hanger, works out great.
                  A few hints:
                  1. Weave as close as you can from each end of the "core" piece. The weave will actually "slide" with some force if you weave it tight, either way to center it.
                  2. Weave it tight. It will become very rigid, and you can have more paracord at your disposal.
                  3. Depending on the brand of 550 cord that you get, it may have a bit of a problem with "shrinking" if you get it wet. Trial and error is best here. You may have to make your "core" piece a small bit longer to adjust.
                  4. Once your bracelet has shrunk (if it actually shrinks) wear it in the shower and wash it with your shampoo or body wash. This may slowly break down the paracord, but I'm tellin ya, if you wear it 24/7, it WILL begin to smell funky. I wear mine in the shower and just hit it with the shampoo/body wash and it seems to keep the stank at bay, but I imagine, as mentioned previously, it must break it down a bit. So, replace them every few months.
                  Last edited by Oatmealer; 04-09-2011, 10:34 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

I keep a couple 550 cord bracelets hooked on my pack with a couple figure 9s
                    Live like you'll die tomorrow, learn like you'll live forever.

Comment

Fellows, educate me. What is the useful purpose of a paracord bracelet?
                      "If Howdy Doody runs against him, I'm voting for the puppet." - SkyOwl's Wife, 2012

Comment

Sorry guys, I've been lax in my duties as a husband. She is now educated.
                        As Zombie Axe would say...
                        "Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty."

Comment

Thanks, DH. I'll watch the video!

For those w/o a DH to enlighten them, it's to have paracord (the duct tape equivalent in the string/light rope world) handy in a configuration that won't get lost easily.
                          Last edited by Skyowl's Wife; 04-13-2011, 08:46 AM.
                          "If Howdy Doody runs against him, I'm voting for the puppet." - SkyOwl's Wife, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Skyowl's Wife View Post
                            Fellows, educate me. What is the useful purpose of a paracord bracelet?
                            Try to start a fire with a bow....and not loose a shoelace.....:)

just enough for a handcuff knot too....
                            Live like you'll die tomorrow, learn like you'll live forever.

Comment

My 11 year old daughter has started a "business" making paracord bracelets. She cranks out a few each night, and carries/displays them on her bag when she's out.
                              She also roped me into her "distribution" curcuit. Here's a pic of my EDC today. :rolleyes::o:o:o
                              I sold two at Food Lion the other night!!! Of course I don't get a cut of the profits :mad: :)

The things we do for our kids.:rolleyes:

Last edited by slowz1k; 04-13-2011, 09:11 AM.
                              The 12ga.... It's not just for rabbits anymore.

Comment

Working...
                              X