Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terror threats rising as FEMA orders $1 Billion in dehydrated food

Interesting!

I think the title is backwards, should say something like, "FEMA orders $1 Billion in dehydrated food. Terror threats rising?"

This is from Feb 24th (9 days ago), but it says:
    In an article Tuesday from the Beaufort Observer, many of the largest suppliers of dehydrated foods in the country are dropping their distributors and customers to dedicate their resources to supplying a billion dollar FEMA request and purchase.

Also says
    One of the nation's largest suppliers of dehydrated food has cut loose 99% of their dealers and distributors. And it's not because of the poor economy. It's because this particular industry leader can no longer supply their regular distribution channels.

So, if you are buying dehydrated stuff, you might have a delay!

Whole article at: http://www.examiner.com/finance-exam...#ixzz1FFx0W3gF
    "If Howdy Doody runs against him, I'm voting for the puppet." - SkyOwl's Wife, 2012

Here is the list of #10 cans of Mountain House at Emergency Essentials that looks to backup the shortage. Almost everything is on back order at this site. However, our wheat order, that was listed a back ordered, is arriving on Wednesday.

http://beprepared.com/quickshoplist....s%20In#10 Cans
    As Zombie Axe would say...
    "Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty."

Comment

i'm going to the store on friday when the wife gets paid so i can at least stock up on the can goods again we have a couple cases of mres per member and a couple cases of water which isn't a issue i have 26000 gallons in the backyard wonder what the hell they are going to do to us
      the pack that plays together stays together

Comment

The food order was to feed 14 million people. Didn't know that they had that many friends in D.C. :mad:
        "If Howdy Doody runs against him, I'm voting for the puppet." - SkyOwl's Wife, 2012

Comment

That is less than 5% of the US population! They are taking it to the mountain retreat and other bunkers. Wondered why my orders were being put off.

Comment

I've been wondering about this.... I've been hearing different versions of the same story for the past two months. However, I'm still finding plenty of Mtn House, and Backpackers Pantry at REI, Great Outdoor Prov. Co, Gander Mtn, and even Walmart, at the regular prices. Supply and demand has always dictated prices and commerce in the past. When supplies are low demand is generally high. I would imagine that demand would increase as well, if the supply was "perceived" as being low through various news outlets, even if it really wasn't.
            In other words.... Could Mtn. House be playing us like a $12.00 banjo?

Your thoughts?
            The 12ga.... It's not just for rabbits anymore.

Comment

wonder if this has something to do with 2012 hmmm just saying get prepared or get left behind shot ate hell i guess it's there call

Comment

Originally posted by prkchp76 View Post
                wonder if this has something to do with 2012
                Dunno about 2012. I think it's got something to do with a commie in the White House who wants to make sure his buds survive his destruction of our country. And make sure it's harder for us peons to get prepared.

Comment

we have a winner in so many words i ain't worried big brother will put him in place if the time need come in place

Comment

I picked up on this over here in the UK too. It could just be a normal request ie FEMA have looked down their list of preps like we all do and realised they're a bit light on food and decided to stock up? Lessons learned from past emergencies perhaps?
                    Or it could be more worrying...there are lots of dots out there (like Russia ordering 5000 survival bunkers apparently) the trouble is they don't have numbers on them so sometimes its hard to join them up!

FH

Comment

No joke...
                      - LDS cannery: low on certain staples. Completely out of others
                      - Emergency Essentials: I'd say they're back ordered on 80% of their FD and maybe 50% of their DH foods
                      - Emergency Essentials: even their first aid special this month was out of stock
                      - Simpler Living: don't even carry MH foods any longer

I'd say if an emergency (a real one - a domestic one) does arise, those of us who are stocked up will be sitting on gold mines of edible wealth (not that I'm stocking up to sell). I was skeptical until the LDS cannery trip. That got my attention. Not saying the shortages won't pass. They'll probably ebb and flow with demand and supply, but right now, demand is up (out the yin yang).

Comment

Since deciding our food supply was adequate, I've slept a lot better. I hate that so many have been so oblivious that they will starve or be shot trying to steal food.

And then there is the guy at work - 3 or 4 others were talking about prepping, I don't say much about it for opsec reasons - who said, "I don't need to stock food, I have guns."

It's sad that his 2 children will be hungry AND fatherless.

Comment

Originally posted by Skyowl's Wife View Post
                          Since deciding our food supply was adequate, I've slept a lot better. I hate that so many have been so oblivious that they will starve or be shot trying to steal food.

Being relatively new to the lifestyle, I can never really come to grips with "how much is enough" on the food front. I feel the answer to that question will become much more obtainable when we finally start (no BS) eating what we store. Wifey and I are going to make deliberate efforts to move in that direction. But it's been hard... changing the way you cook and eat, on top of full time jobs, and prepping (and prepping in the right order - another post)... it's very difficult. I've decided to start slow. Got tons of wheat... so, I'll start with bread (different varieties) and go from there. Then, maybe try one of the many book recipies from our stores. Again, I ramble.

Comment

Good thoughts in your ramble, RA. If I were going to start over, I'd make a 2-4 week menu with different items every day and extend it over a year and stock to that. I'm still trying to convert my stocks to some such system. This video gives some great ideas, wish I'd seen it five years ago! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhGaTlwYs-s

She's Mormon, but lots of really experienced food preppers are.

Comment

Just watched all 9 parts of Wendy's videos. Very good info in them.

I'm "bumping" this back up so more people can find it and watch them too.

Comment

Working...
                              X