No announcement yet.

Any good guides for wild edible plants?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any good guides for wild edible plants?

Anyone have any guides for wild edible plants? i live in NC so something that has alot of plants from the southest would be great. Ive seen quite a few books on amazon.com but wanted to check up here and see if any of you guys have a guide that works good for you.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Hi just as a thought look around your area for any herbal bussiness' they have what they call herb walks every so often.They may cost a few dollars but they are usually operated by local people who are in the know about edibles in the wild in your area. Hope this helps ,the reason I know this is I'm going on one Aug 7 here in N.H. near where I live bambam55

Comment

Your best bet would be a regionally-focused, full-color guide, which can be had at most hiking supply shops or even possibly a commercial bookstore.

I agree that the best way to learn is in the field with an experienced person. Call garden centers, state and local parks, and see if they have classes available.

Comment

Barnes N Nobles has a pretty large selection of field guides. But, I purchased one of these http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Edi...ants+laminated however, it's not segregated to a specific location, other than North America. It's not very complete, but contains common plants. It's a "fold-up" laminated field guide so it is very convenient. The only real draw back is that the pictures are artist illustrations, not actual photo samples (which I would very much prefer). These particular fold up laminates come in a bunch of titles which is also pretty convenient for other topics. (Knots, weather, animal tracks, trees, etc) . Handy, portable, but overall, mostly just for quick reference.
        “Efficiency is intelligent laziness.”

Comment

Working...
        X