Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A friendly reminder to Print print print

For those of you that don't already....
    Please take a moment to consider printing any and all information that you think you may need from this website, and any other that offers information on hunting, gardening, first aid, cooking, firearms, camping, etc..... Even if you practice your post event skills and lifestyle on a regular basis, you still may need to reference certain information that, with out the internet, may not be readily available. These sites and the Internet itself, may not be around when you need them the most. We become accustomed to pulling up Google, or our favorite survival link, when we need to learn about a product, skill, or activity. Assuming that there is electricity to power your pc as well as the telecom or cable equipment down the street.... What are you going to do when the XColony URL offers only an "Error 404 page cannot be displayed" message?.... What if every site that doesn't end in .gov offers the same message?

I have volumes of three ring binders set aside with information that I feel may be needed in a post event world.
    One for firearms, segmented with manuals and info on every firearm that I own.
    One for gardening, and water, segmented into planting techniques, seed harvesting, food preservation, well digging and homemade pump construction, water purification, etc...
    One for first aid, that contains basic first aid manuals, rudimentary field surgery, and medicinal plants.
    One for cooking. This one contains dutch oven recipes, primitive recipes, simple construction plans for different stoves and ovens, etc... This one even has a section on cleaning and butchering game that is local in the area. (including snake)
    One for my BOV as well to supplement the Haynes manual

Of course everything in the binders is backed up to CD as well as the flash drive in my EDC. in case I have to bug, I can pull it up on the laptop. I have also sent copies of this information to family and friends.

I'm not trying to tell anyone how to run their camp.... Just sharing some thoughts
    Last edited by slowz1k; 06-09-2010, 10:45 AM.
    The 12ga.... It's not just for rabbits anymore.

YES VERY TRUE alot of people a while back were talking of saving it but thats gonna do a lotta good when ya aint got no damn power HERE'S YOUR SIGN
    the pack that plays together stays together

Comment

I've been printing food stuff and some interesting articles, like the Wood Gasification http://xcolony.com/x/showthread.php?...d-Gasification

Good stuff, here!
      "If Howdy Doody runs against him, I'm voting for the puppet." - SkyOwl's Wife, 2012

Comment

Yes that is a good one but u get the idea

Comment

This is something I have been putting off for a while but know that needs to be done. Thanks for the reminder.
          SQUARE PEG IN A ROUND HOLE

Comment

could you send it to us?
            Honey its just the cats, Put that @#$%ing thing away!

Comment

neverknow... Could who, send what?
              "If Howdy Doody runs against him, I'm voting for the puppet." - SkyOwl's Wife, 2012

Comment

he neveeeeerr knew?????

Comment

Doh! Some of his info hes has collected over the years in his books.
                  Honey its just the cats, Put that @#$%ing thing away!

Comment

thanks fer the laugh needed that

Comment

Working...
                    X