From Cuba with love..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ponce View Post
    Part of my preparations are 60 pairs of socks (WalMart 10 pairs for $6.00) and 50 underwears (WalMart 8 for $5.00)......I bought all this three years ago so that the prices could be at this time more.

Remember that most of our clothing are coming from overseas and that as soon as there are no dollars there will be no clothing......or, if there is it will be at a very high price.

Makes plans today for tomorrow there could be nothing to make plans with.
    AMEN!! Ponce I missed your arrival here but I must say it is great to see someone else who has "been there, done that" as you have.

I know I once wrote a post somewhere on here, but Ponce brings it up again, and I will reiterate...

Think SPARES, SPARES, and more SPARES!!! Because someday you may not be able to go to your local superstore and purchase parts for Machine X. You may not be able to find sturdy hiking shoes. You may not be able to find first aid supplies.

The difference between the "haves" and "have nots" will indeed be the difference between life and death. This isn't mass commercial consumerism folks, I am not talking about having the latest plasma TV or video game system, this is REALITY, which will be measured by those who can survive against all odds. Materialism and "keeping up with the Joneses" is irrelevant-- utilitarian purposes rule.

Those who have access to, and methods to store, clean water, will be the "coolest" people, and will live. Those who spent their time and money on Coach purses, expensive dress shoes, and stupid electronic toys, will be the ones either laying dead or reduced to begging and destitution.

Comment

My most favorite game is "What if"......I do this at night while falling asleep, I think of what I do everyday or what part of the house could break down and then the next day I go out and buy it.

I usually have at least three of everything..........like EIGHT nine volt drills or three preassure cookers.........to tell you the truth I have been buying stuff now for many years and when ever I go to the store I wonder if I have this or that and I end up buying it anyway so that I end up with many of something or another........better to have it and not needed than to need it and not have it.

I even have protective gas masks, geiger conters, docimeters with charger, night vision, big ears and on and on and on.........
      "If you don't hold it, you don't own it"... Ponce

Comment

Triple redundancy, now there's someone speaking my language!! I was taught the same way, and thankfully did not have to learn a lesson the hard way (yet).

As for other things you mentioned...a wise person will have plenty of NBC detection/protection/decontamination equipment on hand, and will know how to use it....those of you who know me outside the forum know where/why I stand on that issue ;)

Comment

Just got back from CosCo where I spended about $500.00 on more food... that should give me another three guaranteed months of energy.
          "If you don't hold it, you don't own it"... Ponce

Comment

Working...
          X