Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lady_banjo
    replied
    Agree - great thread. While our main focus is staying put as our BOL, you're reminding me that alternative plans should be given serious thought too.

Leave a comment:

• unswydd
    replied
    Originally posted by methusaleh View Post
    Roger that, I make threads like this sometimes simply because I feel something is worth repeating and reminding others about.
    Good Looking out!

Leave a comment:

• methusaleh
    replied
    Roger that, I make threads like this sometimes simply because I feel something is worth repeating and reminding others about.

Leave a comment:

• unswydd
    replied
    Good thread, I have read about this particular subject before here but really hadn't given it much thought about getting to the "BOL". I guess I ought to. I'd have to cross several fields and several highways to get there by foot so it bears thinking about.
    Thanks for bring this to my attention.

Leave a comment:

• methusaleh
    replied
    Negative, it's something that may have to be dismantled if circumstances require me to cross the property in a straight line. Thus the new tool in my bag.

Leave a comment:

• Oscar Wilde
    replied
    [A piece of property that was easy to cross previously now has some man-made obstacles to it, requiring a complete reworking of my plans and making me add a tool to the gear I would take on that route.]

Could this obstacle serve as cover/concealment?
    O.W.

Leave a comment:

• methusaleh
    started a topic Route recon: don't be complacent!

Route recon: don't be complacent!

I am sure we all have routes planned for various reasons, whether it be a hasty E&E route, a longer route to a meeting place, or a way just to get around a geographic obstacle.

I admit that after initially establishing some routes, I had become a bit complacent. I never went back and re-checked the feasiblity of some plans I had made. Today I decided to check out some of my foot routes and I discovered that I needed to modify one of them. A piece of property that was easy to cross previously now has some man-made obstacles to it, requiring a complete reworking of my plans and making me add a tool to the gear I would take on that route.

I'm just passing on the suggestion that now that warmer weather is upon us (here in the northeast at least), it may be a good idea to re-check things and re-evaluate plans. You never know what may be changed that will necessitate a change in your plans.
Working...
X