X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lostinoz
    replied
    Originally posted by infinity View Post
    Does anyone know if they come in longer lengths than 6 inches?

Also, why use one of these as opposed to say a flashlight with re-chargeable solar batteries (or hand crank)? I'm thinking that since they can only be used once it would be better use of limited funds to spend the money on something that can be reused.

Help me figure out if I would need these too? What's the thinking? (I've got limited funds, so I have to choose carefully.)

Thanks to all for your thoughts!
    Well for us it has to do with living in the South. :) Should we lose our jobs and not be able to pay the electric bill and get cut off, it sure is HOT here in the summer. A friend told me about stringing a couple of these together and they will burn for several hours without producing heat, but produce enough light (green ones) to be able to see well.

Solar batteries would be cool to have. It just rains here so much I am not sure how efficient they would be (??) Our temps are already in the 80s here and it is April. I will check into the solar batteries as well. :)

Leave a comment:

• infinity
    replied
    Does anyone know if they come in longer lengths than 6 inches?

Also, why use one of these as opposed to say a flashlight with re-chargeable solar batteries (or hand crank)? I'm thinking that since they can only be used once it would be better use of limited funds to spend the money on something that can be reused.

Help me figure out if I would need these too? What's the thinking? (I've got limited funds, so I have to choose carefully.)

Thanks to all for your thoughts!

Leave a comment:

• Lostinoz
    replied
    Originally posted by Skyowl View Post
    Try here, they are about 40 cents each in bulk:

http://www.happyglow.com/products/sticks6JumboB.jsp
    Wonderful! Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• Skyowl
    replied
    Originally posted by Lostinoz View Post
    I found this site, but surely there are some that are cheaper? Where do you guys order/purchase from?

http://glowrus.com/12_hour_safety_lightsticks.html
    Try here, they are about 40 cents each in bulk:

Leave a comment:

• Lostinoz
    started a topic Glow Sticks

Glow Sticks

I found this site, but surely there are some that are cheaper? Where do you guys order/purchase from?

Working...
X