No announcement yet.

I finally realized why this forum is "SLOW"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

one reason at least some stopped showing up, might be the same reason I did.i got busy doing this n that.to taking folk's here n there,among other things.and still prepping at least somewhat.i even took time off to go camping.now I'm working at going back into the site's that I haven't been into for a while..
    be prepared,be worried,be careful..and watch your 6

Comment

Originally posted by Sourdough View Post
      We have achieved the perfect level of "preparedness". Every member is way-way-way-way over prepared. No one has any questions, because everyone has everything totally 100% accomplished. No answers are needed, if there be no questions. This is really great, everyone is ready.
      Well, it isn't really that everyone has reached nirvana, but that the road map to it is pretty much complete.
      We have reached the point where you can flow chart the path from unprepared to prepared.

Add to that, three factors working against this forum.
      1. There are 300 prepping forums.
      2. This forum doesn't have "prepared" in its name, it has survival.
      3. This forum runs on vBulletin version 5, which is a lot worse for users than older forum software.

There are other things, as well. More later.

Comment

Originally posted by NRAamy View Post
        What else explains steady failing internet prepping forums?
        There are alot of jerks on them too.. that turns alot of people away

Comment

Originally posted by Cedar View Post
          There are alot of jerks on them too.. that turns alot of people away
          As I am on about six forums from week to week,
          if you have any suggestions on how to improve that,
          let me know.

Then there is the problem of defining "jerk."

Two big problems I have had on other forums are:
          1. People who think prepping is more of a selfish thing than something good for everyone.
          2. People who pretend to be the ultimate prepper, but in fact their whole prepping story is fiction.

What kind of "jerks" have you had a problem with?

TRex

Comment

Originally posted by TRex2 View Post
            As I am on about six forums from week to week,
            if you have any suggestions on how to improve that,
            let me know.

Then there is the problem of defining "jerk."

Two big problems I have had on other forums are:
            1. People who think prepping is more of a selfish thing than something good for everyone.
            2. People who pretend to be the ultimate prepper, but in fact their whole prepping story is fiction.

What kind of "jerks" have you had a problem with?

TRex
            People who are arrogant and belittle others, no matter the situation..

Comment

Comment

Well, my first word of advice on this subject is to not run posts like this.

I've only been here a week after leaving another Survival forum after 11 very active years, mainly because one of the mods thought a post that I made didn't follow their forum rules. I tried to reply to him and I was blocked, the initial post was deleted, and apparently there could have been other penalties involved. I left there and I won't be going back

In the week I've been here, I've seen this post and one against the Moderator named Diesel. I don't even remember what that post was about but, the moderators have rules they need to follow and they interpret the best they can or the internet mafia will come in and kill this site.

If you have a problem with the moderators, you should be able to send them a private message and ask them where it was that you did wrong.. OR, you can just log off the forum and go find another playground to swing in.

The one person that replied to my So Long message on that last forum told me about this one so apparently he likes it here. I'm willing to give it a decent chance and I'll contribute when I think it's helpful.

As for what you talk about in here, the mods are listening but, more importantly, there are plenty of 3 letter agencies watching all these forums now after what happened in Washington DC a couple of weeks ago.

One thing that really bothered me about the whole DC thing was that the press called it one of the worse acts of terrorism on US Soil.. Umm, I don't think so, I wonder if they've forgotten about 911, or Pearl Harbor, or any of the suicide bombings that have happened in the US in the last 20 years.

We're still losing our own troops because of 911. How many trillion dollars has been spent in Iraq and Afghanistan since 9/11/01. Not all of them are killed on the battlefield. They come back with injuries so severe, they can't take the pressure. Just do some searching on how many Vets take their own lives at our VA hospitals all over the US.

I'd venture to say we've lost more to PTSD than we did in at least 5 years or more of the actual war over there.

Sorry to drag on but, things keep popping in my head and I get carried away at times.

I'm retired AF and it's hard for me to call myself a Vet. I never saw combat, the closest I got to it was when I was in Haiti and I had my SSgt riding shooter for me and we had 3 Seabees in the back seat (They were there on Shore Leave). I and my shooter had 9mm pistols, one of the Seabees had an M16, the second one had a M16 with a grenade launcher on it, and the 3rd had an M60..

We drove by these teenage boys in an intersection and one of them hurled a big rog and it hit right in front of where the drivers side door would be.. I locked up the brakes and before I could put the emergency break on, those SeaBees were out the back of the Jeep and getting ready to hail fire and brimstone on those kids.. I was hollering at the top of my lungs for them to stop and I had to think of something quick to change their attention so I said "Surround the Humvee and keep an eye out for ambushers, it could be a trap" and around my Jeep they went.

I can guarantee if a little ole lady came walking out of her house with a cane, they would have doubled her weight with the amount of lead they could put in her..

So that was my closest point to action that I was ever in but hey, if anyone needs a left size 11 Adidas track shoe or a size 9 Nike jogging shoe or even a well worn canvas sneaker with no name on it in about a size 8, let me know.. Those guys never came back for them..

One other thing is when someone finds out I'm retired, they say the canned phrase "Thanks for your support." Support how?? I was in Civil Engineering, the only people I supported were the Air Force folks I worked with and then the Seabees, Marines, and Army I worked with in Haiti..

Whenever I see someone wearing a Vietnam Vet, WWII Vet, or anything along those lines, I usually have a few American flag pins in my pocket and when I go up to them and tell them "Thanks for your service." I palm a small American Flag that they can pin on their hat. I've had a couple of them actually shake my hand and wipe the tears with their other hand.

I don't wear any military hats.

My father served 21 years in the Army, my oldest son and his wife are doing 20 in the Air Force and should be retiring in a couple of years.

Again, I apologize for dragging on. I need to go surf the net to see where I can get a resupply of American flags.

Comment

Amen brother!!!
                  wish I had words to say what you did!!!
                  Semper Fi

Comment

Working...
                  X