Hurricane Dorian Readiness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurricane Dorian Readiness

Here we go again. This time Jacksonville Fl., will get hit from the east not since 1964 Dora have we taken such a hit.

They cannot make up their minds where she is going. First it was going up the spine of Florida at Cat 2 now just off shore at a Cat 4 but what is going to stop it since it is a Cat 5 now?

My new addition is a 9000 watt generator which is dual fuel. Plus a got on of those marine fuel tanks that is on wheels (20) gallons. It is also dual fuel propane just by turning a switch.

New siding, roof and windows should take care of it. now only need to board up windows tomorrow.

Everyone else has bought everything in sight. no gas, food, water, even batteries.

Traffic is at a stand still on the 95 and 10 highways. mandatory evacuations started down south but I expect that we will be given notice by Monday night.

Good luck to every where along the east coast make decisions and buy early I did last week just need to hit up an atm for cash.

GOD bless us all!

Be safe Gunny, prayers that this thing will loose energy and turn back out to sea.
    I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you!

Comment

RICHFL Prayers for you and yours. Be safe. I will make time to check on your status over the next few weeks.
      Life, injuries, illness in the family has kept me from doing more than an occasional viewing of post. I am fine, just family members needing help, care and concern. Keeping up my preps, rotation and such going on as usual.

Comment

ZAGran: Good to see you posting again. I hope all is well with you and yours.
        The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you are stupid, and make bad decisions.

Comment

Well that was close. for a while it was going to hit us hard. came within 50 miles of the shore.

Things I noticed

1. Mandatory evacuation means you are to leave your home! Most did not. So if it hit like Andrew; a lot of people would need saving and the rescue teams will not go out in 150 mile an hour winds. Some people are so short sighted.

2. There were runs on the hardware stores for plywood, tarps, and generators. The grocery stores were hit hard for water, bread, canned goods, batteries and flashlights. PS I saw a lot of generators being returned unopened unused.

3. Only one shelter was opened in my county There is a meeting next week about that! When people are told to evacuate where does the government plan on putting them up?

End of story

Comment

Working...
          X