Budget-conscious preparedness

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GrizzlyetteAdams View Post

When our society finally falls to a cashless system (it is coming), I won't like it at all.

That's 2 of us GA. By then, I plan to be 100% off the grid.

Comment

There will be one of two cashless societies. 1) the government and banks have done away with cash. 2) When the cash is not worth the paper is ti printed on -- think VZ. One is bad news, the second is a nightmare.
      It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener in a war!

Comment

Originally posted by tmttactical View Post
        There will be one of two cashless societies. 1) the government and banks have done away with cash. 2) When the cash is not worth the paper is ti printed on -- think VZ. One is bad news, the second is a nightmare.
        Some people have been saying that since I was a child long ago. Everything was going to be done with credit cards and personal checks... then they included ATM cards.. those were certainly going to end the cash..

Nothing has changed and I don't think it ever will. Electronic payment is too susceptible to fraud. Its one thing for a merchant to not accept cash, its another when someone wants to buy something through a private sale.

If I was a betting man, I'd put my money on the elimination of money and the monetary system as a whole before we eliminate cash. We're close to nuclear fusion and once it becomes commonplace, energy will be more or less free and ridiculously abundant. Imagine a fusion energy device the size of your microwave that runs your entire home with more power than you would ever need.. Or one the size of a beer can that powers an artificially intelligent android that does everything for you. A fusion reactor that powers your car that never needs anything but a drink of water every now and then. Heck, you could live your entire life in a 42ft motor home driving all over the world for free, or on a boat sailing the oceans, free.

I know it sounds crazy, but that's where we're going.. and I bet we get there before we get rid of the cash.

You know all the job losses we keep hearing about in politics? What most of these knuckleheads don't tell you is that something like 80% of those job losses are lost to automation, not China or some guy who likes tacos.

Comment

As an FYI for when buying on Amazon. When you're trying to figure out if the reviews are legit or faked check out this site. What I've found is that about any that have a B or better are 0 issue. I've also bought from 1 or 2 places that had F's, but I really looked things over and they weren't real high cost so I gambled. I think the occasional place can get a low grade due to the algorithms Amazon and Fakespot use but overall I think it's a great tool to keep you from getting burned on Amazon.
          I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you!

Comment

Originally posted by CountryGuy View Post
            As an FYI for when buying on Amazon. When you're trying to figure out if the reviews are legit or faked check out this site. What I've found is that about any that have a B or better are 0 issue. I've also bought from 1 or 2 places that had F's, but I really looked things over and they weren't real high cost so I gambled. I think the occasional place can get a low grade due to the algorithms Amazon and Fakespot use but overall I think it's a great tool to keep you from getting burned on Amazon.
            Thank you, CountryGuy! I looked over that site you were talking about and will run links by them in the future.

https://www.fakespot.com/

In hopes of catching unbiased opinions, I have always checked out the mid-range reviews (such as three stars on a scale of one to five stars, for example). That way I catch a mix of good and bad points, rather than "all-good" or "all-bad" opinions, some of which may be fake.

Another clue to me is an abnormally high number of really, really good reviews. (I learned this lesson the hard way, lol.)

Genius is making a way out of no way.

Comment

Working...
            X