"Tell it gets back to NORMAL"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Tell it gets back to NORMAL"

You see that statement often on forums and blogs about prepping for survival. "Tell, it gets back to NORMAL".

Do you have any thoughts about that......???
    One day you eat the chicken.....next day the left-over chicken.....next five days you eat chicken feathers, head and feet.

yes, I see that a lot, its a statement put out by people that are only prepping(or not) for short term events, at some point they expect everything to get back to "normal", but what if it never does? what if the "normal" you have now is the only one your going to have for the rest of your life? and you haven't prepared for anything more than a few days, a few weeks, a month at most? then your stuffed, that's what!!!

Comment

I think the "Until it gets back to normal" way of thinking/prepping is potentially destructive because it is defined by limitations, be it financially, or our own view of what will actually happen. After a hard reset caused by severe SHTF circumstances, things may never get back to the "normal" that we are accustomed to, but rather a new normal.

Surviving in a new normal will require resiliency and self-sufficiency which does not work well with an "oh well, I've prepped enough" mentality. True self-sufficiency is a constant work in progress which does not necessarily mean stockpiling stuff, but living a self-sufficient lifestyle as well.
      Last edited by GrizzlyetteAdams; 09-23-2018, 03:56 AM. Reason: clarified my gobbledegook to make more sense to my poor readers, lol
      Genius is making a way out of no way.

Comment

It means "until things normalize".. Meaning the chaos settles down and people learn to live their lives with new routines and expectations.. Until people are able to reliably predict the near future as we do now.

Comment

in my country it means until it gets back to the way it was before whatever happened.

Comment

I edited my post to clean up my gobbledegook to make more sense to my poor readers, lol. Sorry, y'all...I need to slow down when posting.

Comment

Originally posted by grumpygremlin View Post
              in my country it means until it gets back to the way it was before whatever happened.
              Yes..........that is what people typically mean here in America, when they say, "back to normal".
              One day you eat the chicken.....next day the left-over chicken.....next five days you eat chicken feathers, head and feet.

Comment

that's fine if that's is what happens, but what if it never gets back to "normal"? what is the new normal is nothing like what went before? it could happen, its happened before in human existence.

Comment

I suspect that many people, particularly of the softer "participation trophy" generation will react badly to any new normals. As a group, they have not experienced any real consequences (partly due to helicoptering schools and parents). It's a standard joke how they needed counseling when their pet hamster died. Lately, some of them are making fools of themselves in the news: screaming, ranting and raving to get their way. They will suffer horrible mental anguish and anger in the new normal more than anyone. Expect them to operate in packs as they are doing now (flash mob style) and will have the ability to overwhelm by brute force in sheer numbers.

Parents desperate to feed their children will be a force to reckon with...they will try to provide for their dependents by any means necessary.

Many who are dependent on their stockpiles of preps may find themselves destitute when their safety nets are depleted or destroyed in a disaster or two. I suspect that more than a few preppers will become dangerous to the community at large because they have the means to take what they need from others by armed force.

Then you have governmental forces to contend with...

Comment

I think that any SHTF will depend on where you live, country, state, etc. Once an EMP, WW3, or a total collaspe of society there will never be a normal like we know it now. Once all this stuff starts that will be it. All I can say is we all better be prepared the best we can be.. Not all of us will survive but those that are better prepared will have a much better chance. I say never let your guard down, even if things seem to be looking up, jobs, higher pay,etc. Don't be fooled by this false peace. Troubled times are in the making and I really don't think when it happens there will ever be a normal as we know it.

Also I just got an alert from alerts USA: DC and federal law enforcement are preparing for protests, potentially violent on and around Capital Hill this coming week re SCOTUS nominee hearings.

Comment

If we experience a major SHTF, things will never get back to the way they were before.. things will change, our life, culture and country will be a different version of itself.
                      That's not to say that it will be better or worse, it may be either.. but the chances of it staying the same are not even remotely likely.

People who survive will have completely different attitudes toward life.. that alone would be enough to create a massive difference. There will be fewer people and they will valuate things very differently.

A major SHTF event would create change.. there's no way around it and there would be no way to return to the conditions that existed prior.

Comment

in a major SHTF, one that shuts down the power grid and food deliveries, in my country, many people will not survive, those needing life saving treatment, those needing outside care, diabetics etc will be gone within weeks, next will be those snowflakes and the like who just sit around complaining and expect "the government will save us", the only thing the government will save is the government, and they will be limited to a major city or two.
                        if people cant be self sufficient and more over self reliant then its goodbye to them too.

Comment

Working...
                        X