They say, "HARDEN Your HEART"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They say, "HARDEN Your HEART"

That is going to be a tough one. Clearly an area of WEAKNESS for me. But, I can see and understand why they say that. I just kind'a fear it could be my demise. For sure a weak spot in my prepping for survival of a massive SHTF.
    One day you eat the chicken.....next day the left-over chicken.....next five days you eat chicken feathers, head and feet.

Sourdough I understand what you are saying. Hardening your heart while watching others starve will not be an easy thing to do. I think we would have to be very wise in our decisions on what we do to help others. I have been working in the food ministery for many years now their are so many people out there that fall through the cracks and can't get help to feed their family. We are a contribution center at our church for the food ministery. The church does not support it. It is done by donations through church members and the food bank.. I went out yesterday and bought food with some of the donation money. Bought 96 boxes of mac and cheese,48 cans of mixed veggies, corn and chef boy r d stuff but that was an off bran. Got 64 ounces of corn flakes for 69 cents a box and that was a bargin. Got 48 of those. Then went to another store and bought all the 1.00 peanut butter they had. about 48 of those as well. In all I spent 120.00 on food to restock the food pantry. gotta love ledil's and Aldi's. Those to stores alone have some of the best prices in town.. We fed 38 families yesterday. That's a lot of food that goes out of that pantry.
    So yes it will be hard to deny anyone food when you can see they are starving but also in a SHTF situation it could be if you give them a little food they could come back to take what ever else you have with force. So we really will have a day where we will have some hard decisions to make.

Comment

you cannot feed others if you have not stored extra food for that purpose, try feeding people from your families stores and pretty soon it'll you being the ones starving.

Comment

Hardening your heart will involve a lot more then food and starving people.
        One day you eat the chicken.....next day the left-over chicken.....next five days you eat chicken feathers, head and feet.

Comment

people are so stupid these days its not really a problem.

Comment

So true Sourdough,, How many are really prepared to kill someone to protect their families. That would also come under harding your heart. There will be people out their that when push comes to shove can they really aim that gun and shoot to kill if need arises to protect themselves and family. That is a question we will all have to face one day. There are many that can and will but for some that would be a tough choice to take another's life.

Comment

I don't agree, if its a choice between a starving stranger and one of your own family, I would suggest there is no contest.

Comment

Working...
              X