Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your plan for "PANDEMIC" (Bad, BAD PANDEMIC)....???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your plan for "PANDEMIC" (Bad, BAD PANDEMIC)....???

Do you have a plan.........???
    One day you eat the chicken.....next day the left-over chicken.....next five days you eat chicken feathers, head and feet.

This past week, I have been studying a book that I recently ordered and highly recommend it: Prepping for a Pandemic: Life-Saving Supplies, Skills, and Plans for Surviving an Outbreak by Cat Ellis.

Cat Ellis is a fellow herbalist and prepper who covers not only pandemic basics but also outlines home remedies if no conventional medical care is available. She covers it all, from conventional medicines and their aquatic counterparts (fish antibiotics), and her "what I would do, herbally" if nothing else was available.

As I read Ellis' book, I find myself nodding my head saying yes, but if this or that herb was not available, (
    xyz) would be an acceptable substitute...then penciling in my notes in the margins.

Funny thing is, that even in the most remote locations far away from humans, serious diseases can ride in on animal and insect vectors.

(Cat Ellis also authors another excellent title, Prepper's Natural Medicine: Life-Saving Herbs, Essential Oils and Natural Remedies for When There is No Doctor)
    Genius is making a way out of no way.

Comment

Truth be known. I really don't have one. I have the supplies to seal off the house. We would for all intents and purposes be quarantined. One family member is a medical professional if she could get to us. In a pandemic I wonder how much help any medical professional would be. Wouldn't you need very specific medical attention? Inoculations? If you didn't have that what would help?
      The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you are stupid, and make bad decisions.

Comment

personal and total isolation until the crisis has passed, most pandemics need a human host to survive, once the last victim has died so will the outbreak, most viruses cannot survive more than about 48 hours outside of a host body.
        I think the exception is HIV.

Comment

Beyond the measles, mumps and rubella that are currently doing the rounds of the un-vaccinated, the most likely threat, IMHO, is a 'flu variant. SARS, MERS, whatever.

So, get your seasonal 'flu vaccination from MD ASAP.
          Does your pharmacy offer a different mix to the MD formulation ? If so, get that, too. Belt & Braces.

Um, you have had your decadal pneumonia vaccination ? Like a prophylactic anti-tetanus jab, it may prevent dire complications. Also, should you find yourself in ER during a Code Black scenario, having a current pneumonia vaccination will score usefully towards your triage...

Comment

Thank you for the pneumonia vax reminder!!

I am ramping up my stash of elderberry meds, which have been clinically proven to work much like Tamiflu (only better, IMO).

Properly made elderberry tincture/syrup works best if used as a prophylactic, rather than as a "cure." If it is used before or at the time of exposure, or very soon after, it disables the virus' ability to replicate. I need to start a thread about this, and provide links, etc. etc.

Because more people are learning how well it works to arrest the cold and flu virus, the global supply of elderberry syrup dried up during last year's bad flu season. For a time, no one could buy any, at any price, anywhere.
            Genius is making a way out of no way.

Comment

I am retired from the medical field and we all need to get updated on vac. We both have had the pneumonia and flu vac. Flu for us is still to early we get that end of Oct.. first of Nov. We have a nurse that comes to our church and gives them out for free. We have also gotten tetanus as well one year ago. So good for a while on those. But also I have been reading up on pandemics and I have elderberry syrup. I have had it for about 3 years but don't know how long it will be good for past it's date. Need to check on getting more if I can find it now. We have fish antibiotics.. And like Morgan we will be quarantined as well with what we need to seal off house or a room if someone does get sick. We have a great deal of medical supplies such as gloves, mask, etc. Lots of bleach and liquid lysol as well for cleaning. When the doctor I worked for retired, he told me to take the tamiflu and antibiotics as well as all meds that hubby and I take. I was able to get gloves,mask and other things as well. So for some things we are ready but really need to study up on what can happen and what we might need in case of pandemic.

Comment

I don't have the flu vaccination anymore, our national health service regularly runs out of supplies and mostly what they vaccinate with isn't the strain doing the rounds.
                I find staying away from large crowds and keeping my public exposure to a minimum much better than any vaccination, I haven't had the injection for over 6 years and for over 6 years I haven't had the flu, strange that!!

Comment

I don't get flu shots. The last one I got gave me such a horrible reaction I swore I would never get another one. I do get the pneumonia vaccination.
                  The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you are stupid, and make bad decisions.

Comment

Working...
                  X