Weather Modification Aerosols & Protection

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weather Modification Aerosols & Protection

Whether you believe or not there is something going on regarding Chemtrails we should admit that "stuff" is being released in our skies that are altering weather and causing heavy rains and drought and other unusual happenings. After all, NASA and the DOD have admitted they are "experimenting" with aerosols and releasing them in the sky. I am not posting this topic to get a response either pro or con about Chemtrails but to get opinions about what would be the minimum face protection necessary to protect us from breathing these (what I would call, weather modification aerosols) such as smart dust and other fibers. Would masks like 3M's N95 be okay?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hd2jA0lT8N0

Can't say I've really looked into Chemtrails and for me it's one of those topics that's a bit out there. But again I've not dug into it at all.

Honestly Dale without knowing what those chemical compounds are it's likely impossible to know if anything less than a full out NBC style gas mask and cartridge would protect at all. And then even at that it could be a compound that goes right on thru the filter. If it is any kind of chemical an N95 won't likely do anything as they're mainly for dust type particulates.
    I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you!

Comment

I'm thinking any aerosol released high enough to be anywhere close to weather generating clouds would be so diluted by the time it comes down to our level that even if you could detect it, you would need a full contained air system to avoid those gases. I'm not sure of what kind of detector would be needed to pick up these agents. From what I remember of NBC training aerosolized chem weapons (like VX,sarin, mustard, etc.) still had to be at certain concentration at ground level to be effective. Even silver iodide used for cloud seeding requires very specific atmospheric requirements to be effective (still not proven effective) and weather is such a complex natural set of circumstances, that I would be very surprised if anyone could predict it, much less control it. There are so many possible chemicals that could be used Defcon that I'm not sure anyone could give you a specific answer on what could keep you safe from such activities.

Dale
      Judge no one, until you have walked in the same mud and spilt the same blood. Him, I call brother.

Comment

Originally posted by Defcon09 View Post
        Whether you believe or not there is something going on regarding Chemtrails we should admit that "stuff" is being released in our skies that are altering weather and causing heavy rains and drought and other unusual happenings.
        No, there are no Chemtrails or "stuff" being intentionally released for the purposes of weather modification.. that's just conspiracy garbage and that kind of thinking will have negative consequences on your person life.

After all, NASA and the DOD have admitted they are "experimenting" with aerosols and releasing them in the sky. I am not posting this topic to get a response either pro or con about Chemtrails but to get opinions about what would be the minimum face protection necessary to protect us from breathing these (what I would call, weather modification aerosols) such as smart dust and other fibers. Would masks like 3M's N95 be okay?
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hd2jA0lT8N0
        The narrator in your youtube video is an ignorant moron who probably wouldn't recognize the difference between an oxygen atom and a nitrogen atom if his life depended on it. In fact, if you're ever talking to someone about this garbage, that's one of the first questions you should ask. Say something like "What is the exact mechanism, at the atomic level, which causes carbon dioxide to become a greenhouse gas?" If they can't answer that question immediately, they don't know jack squat about science.... and when looking for and evaluating evidence of pretty much anything, the guy who doesn't understand grade school science is the one you want to avoid the like the plague.

Comment

Originally posted by Murphy View Post
          No, there are no Chemtrails or "stuff" being intentionally released for the purposes of weather modification.. that's just conspiracy garbage and that kind of thinking will have negative consequences on your person life.

The narrator in your youtube video is an ignorant moron who probably wouldn't recognize the difference between an oxygen atom and a nitrogen atom if his life depended on it. In fact, if you're ever talking to someone about this garbage, that's one of the first questions you should ask. Say something like "What is the exact mechanism, at the atomic level, which causes carbon dioxide to become a greenhouse gas?" If they can't answer that question immediately, they don't know jack squat about science.... and when looking for and evaluating evidence of pretty much anything, the guy who doesn't understand grade school science is the one you want to avoid the like the plague.
          Thanks for your input even though it was not related to the actual reason for posting subject, "protection from such substances" if, IF, air contamination exists. Guess you have no need for such item in your BOB.

Comment

Originally posted by CountryGuy View Post
            Can't say I've really looked into Chemtrails and for me it's one of those topics that's a bit out there. But again I've not dug into it at all.

Honestly Dale without knowing what those chemical compounds are it's likely impossible to know if anything less than a full out NBC style gas mask and cartridge would protect at all. And then even at that it could be a compound that goes right on thru the filter. If it is any kind of chemical an N95 won't likely do anything as they're mainly for dust type particulates.
            Not sure of the particulate sizes but some of the chemicals/metals are: aluminum oxides, strontium, and barium. These must be in micron sizes because they stay in the atmosphere long enough to expand but most often fall to the ground in the form of rain or snow.

Comment

Well even if it isn't from nefarious actors spraying things in the air, if you happen to be down wind from certain chemical plants or from manufacturing facilities that utilize certain chemicals it could be bad mojo. I mean there are industrial chemicals that if a few micro-droplets get on your skin you can pack it in. And many people are completely ignorant of what nastiness lurks within a few minute drive of their homes. I mean most likely if there is a public water plant you'll find things like chlorine, fluoride etc... near farm country there are various fertilizers like liquid ammonia or all kinds of pesticides and herbicides. Or worse yet, live somewhere like in or around Houston or the other large costal refining areas and you get things like say the massive phosgene storage tank there that could wipe out from hundreds of thousands to a million plus in short order if it was destroyed or had a major leak and the winds were right.

Heck you could live in the middle of no where and think your safe as can be but so long as there is a highway, railway or ever riverway where trucks, trains or barges can travel and you have no idea what danger and potential catastrophe passes by your home everyday and night.
              I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you!

Comment

Originally posted by Defcon09 View Post

Thanks for your input even though it was not related to the actual reason for posting subject, "protection from such substances" if, IF, air contamination exists. Guess you have no need for such item in your BOB.
                I apologize, I should have recognized what you were getting at.

Filtration is a science and the kind of filter used for a particular substance will greatly depend on the size of the particles and their composition.

Generally speaking, the N95 masks would be your best bet to stock up on.. Beyond that, you could go with a more expensive hardware store respirator.

But here's the problem most folks don't consider.. While the "super duper" respirator that filters everything seems like the best choice, it could be a very poor choice for something that is more fitting of an N95 mask. And here's why.. Part of filtration science is not just considering the size and composition of the material you're filtering, it must also consider how much you're filtering and how important it is to filter it all.

For instance, if you were trotting around the volcanic vents in Hawaii right now, you're primary concern would be Sulfur Dioxide... So your choice of filtration would need to be a gas or vapor filter which may use a combination of an absorption media and/or maybe a reactive media.. Try to use a gas and vapor mask to filter out smoke from a forest fire or ash particulate from a volcano, and it will probably plug solid in minutes and become a paperweight.

On the other hand, if you try to use a particulate filter, such as an N95 mask or similar cartridge on a respirator, it might work great to filter wood smoke, ash, or dust from a collapsed building, but it would do nothing to keep you from breathing vapors that come from things like ammonia, acids, mustard or nerve gasses, or many other types of nasty components.

If you have the funds, I would go here:
                http://www.respiratormaskprotection....nce-Chart.php#

And purchase a respirator and a variety of cartridges to go with it for each possible situation.. but it isn't going to be cheap.

So here's my advice.. stock up on a bunch of N95 masks.. get the good ones with the valve in the center.. then maybe go to your local Home Depot and purchase an off the self respirator for $30 and a few cartridge changes..

Anything that happens that those things can't handle and you're screwed anyhow if you can't bug out.

EDIT: I don't have a bug out bag.. I already live in a rural area and plan to bug in and defend. That said, I have two respirators and about a hundred of the N95 masks and I think that's good enough.
                But I also have a variety of other materials that most "normal" people don't have.. For instance, if I needed to make an absorption filter, I already have 50+ pounds of activated carbon plus dozens upon dozens of other substances.

Last edited by Murphy; 06-19-2018, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CountryGuy View Post
                  Well even if it isn't from nefarious actors spraying things in the air, if you happen to be down wind from certain chemical plants or from manufacturing facilities that utilize certain chemicals it could be bad mojo. I mean there are industrial chemicals that if a few micro-droplets get on your skin you can pack it in. And many people are completely ignorant of what nastiness lurks within a few minute drive of their homes. I mean most likely if there is a public water plant you'll find things like chlorine, fluoride etc... near farm country there are various fertilizers like liquid ammonia or all kinds of pesticides and herbicides. Or worse yet, live somewhere like in or around Houston or the other large costal refining areas and you get things like say the massive phosgene storage tank there that could wipe out from hundreds of thousands to a million plus in short order if it was destroyed or had a major leak and the winds were right.

Heck you could live in the middle of no where and think your safe as can be but so long as there is a highway, railway or ever riverway where trucks, trains or barges can travel and you have no idea what danger and potential catastrophe passes by your home everyday and night.
                  Remember what happened in WV just 2 years ago. Because of a chemical leak at a storage facility 1000's of people were without public water for over a month. WV has an area referred to as chemical valley. So, even though I live in the middle of nowhere surrounded by forest, I can still be adversely effected by chemical producers over 100 miles away.

Dale
                  Judge no one, until you have walked in the same mud and spilt the same blood. Him, I call brother.

Comment

Murphy: the link to the filters you posted show some nice items. Thanks for that.

I haven't seen much data on the particle size but I have seen the words "sub-micron" so maybe there are no filters available yet to be useful. The most used material used in SRM (solar radiation management) aerosols is aluminum oxides which may be manageable. Other light reflective materials are being used to reflect solar energy in experiments to combat the myth of global warming. Now, since there is a belief the planet is cooling and the entrance into a mini ice age is upon us, due to a reduction of solar activity, these atmospheric activities will be minimized.

I haven't looked into all sources yet but more information may be found in the following: Arctic Methane Emergency Group, Solar Radiation Management, Stratospheric Aerosol Engineering, John Holdren (advisor to Obama). As some has mentioned, these chemicals may not reach the ground to affect us but there is evidence is amiss when you have hospital emergency rooms reporting a spike in lung/breathing issues and white particles in rain water never seen before. Maybe we can not eliminate these chemicals but maybe at least reduce the affects, somehow.

Comment

IMHO, beyond the fall-out from crop spraying and massive fungus infestations of trees, assuming you're well clear of industrial accidents, you're more at risk from forest fires' smoke and ash falls from volcanoes.

IIRC, had Mt St Helens blown 'up' rather than having its scary flank collapse, 'significant' ash-fall could have gone as far as US East Coast.

The Cascade range is currently quiet, Seattle & co should have several years warning of rising magma, but the Alaskan chain usually has something smoking. Worst case, the Polar Jet Stream could sweep Pinatubo-scale stuff SE. Look what that unpronounceable Icelandic eruption did to European air-space and sky brightness. Okay, it was aggravated by being a sub-glacial eruption, but the vog and haze badly affected aircraft and solar. Would your wind-power equipment tolerate such toxic muck ? Would your generator or SUV take a retro-fit air-filter ? Will your water supply become fouled ? Would the shortened growing season ruin your kitchen's crop ?

I'd welcome feedback from folk who lived through the St Helens incident; such experience trumps theory...

==
                      I've read of unscrupulous 'weed' farmers polluting their neighbourhood with heavy, heavy crop spraying. Then the stuff washed into the watershed, caused problems down-stream.

Was watching on news this morning; multi-wagon train derailment at river crossing, much, much crude oil spilled.

Do you still have that problem with a mutant fungus infecting forest, causing wide-spread die-off ? When the weather is 'just right', will you get a massive sporulation, potential allergies. & asthma. ??
                      Given a couple of bad seasons, how much dead wood does that leave lying ? Enough for another really big fire ??

Sorry, I'm a bit snarky today as local pollen count is high unto ghastly. Enough meds to blunt the symptoms leave me with a constant 'hangover'...

Comment

Working...
                      X