Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I remember "STRIKES"........and "TRUCKER Strikes", and many other Strikes.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I remember "STRIKES"........and "TRUCKER Strikes", and many other Strikes.

One of the things to cause rapid SHTF is Nation Wide Strikes. The last 50'ish years Management has avoided long lasting labor strikes. But there was a time in my early years when strikes lasted years, and were bloody, and often fatalities.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...s-plan-walkout

After my Dad left the Air Force he drove an 18 wheeler for years. I can remember the teamster strikes of the 70's and after that we moved to West Virginia and he drove a coal truck until a heart attack made him to retire. Now the UMWA (United Mine Workers Association) had nasty strikes. Baseball bats and bullets weren't uncommon. A serious strike by the teamsters or the energy workers could be very bad.

Dale
    Judge no one, until you have walked in the same mud and spilt the same blood. Him, I call brother.

Comment

I think its worth pointing out that ZeroHedge.com is a Russian propaganda website headquartered in (Bulgaria?)

Be very careful what you take away from the articles on that website.. you have to fact check almost every word as they have sneaky ways of distorting things.

Comment

Interesting for two reasons.........

1.) It is the number one highest rated Financial News Blog.

2.) Your second sentence, "Be very careful what you take away from the articles on that website.. you have to fact check almost every word as they have sneaky ways of distorting things" Describes all information now days, including all information coming directly from the United States Government.

We now live in a ocean of false information..........it truly is a wonder that we function.
        Which begs the question........"What is truth", and is it even, "relevant"........????

Comment

Most people don't realize its a Russian website, I just thought I'd point that out. They have a conspiratorial slant.

Comment

Originally posted by Sourdough View Post
            "What is truth", and is it even, "relevant"........????
            Maybe it's a case of truth is in the eye of the beholder...
            I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you!

Comment

Britain was always having strikes in the 70s and 80s, about 10 years ago we had a fuel protest, the truckers and farmers barricaded the fuel refineries and wouldn't let anyone in or out, it was advertised a week before so the public was well aware of what would happen.
              we stocked up with enough extra food for the week in addition to what we already had and topped up all our fuel tanks, I never let my car tank go below half, and just sat back and waited.
              well the inevitable happened, the stores ran out of bread and milk within 2 days and the petrol stations were empty within 24 hours, you should have heard all the wailing and complaining!!! nobody could say they weren't warned and it was only for a week anyway.
              but had it been for longer or permanent I think the outcome could have been very different with quite a few fatalities.

Comment

I have been through a few in my time. This was back in the 70's. They got ugly, but never violent. It is hard to mend those wounds, and some never heal. Almost like a mini Civil War; people at odds over their livelihood with completely opposite views. Going back to work with the same people you have been bitterly fighting with is not easy.
                The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you are stupid, and make bad decisions.

Comment

The worst strike here was the Miners strike around 1984/5, that got really violent before it ended.

Comment

Working...
                  X