South African Update - Suidlanders - Nationwide Preppers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dalewick View Post

As prepared as so many in SA are and the number of Sheeple they still have, just imagine what the states will be like when it gets here.

I always say 5 days - 5 days after the water taps go dry and the grid goes down you can expect to start seeing dysentery and food poisoning type outbreaks ... after that it gets worse - no med care - health & cleanliness only downgrade - even worse contagious diseases come into play ....

no matter what the SHTF igniter was originally - you can expect some aspect of an epidemic - possibly a pandemic .... next to people murdering each other - the eventual death tally could be a huge number in the disease outbreak category ....
    Last edited by Illini Warrior; 02-08-2018, 08:04 PM.

Comment

I have been following this since you originally posted. They have moved the deadline back a couple of weeks, but it is still a dire situation. The desalination plants will help, but that is like throwing a deck chair off the Titanic. Estimates are showing desalination will provide an additional 4 million gallons per day when they need and additional 150 million gallons per day. Still it is better than nothing. So what do you do?

Hoarding/storing/prepping is a start, but even that is dependent on how much room you have. A home still where you can do your own desalination by boiling salt water would be an option. That would keep you going but would require a lot of energy. The last and maybe the most basic option is MOVE. Live someplace where there is an ample water supply. Easy to say for us.

How have we dealt with the question? Are you prepared for a significant drought?
      The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you are stupid, and make bad decisions.

Comment

http://www.newsweek.com/thousands-si...migrate-826126

12,000 white South Africaners petition Prez Trump for USA sanctuary ....

Comment

They have moved the Day Zero date back to August, and are hoping rain will come then. Pray that the rains come. It has been a three year drought. I don't even want to think about 4 million people without water. The chaos would be unspeakable.

Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you are stupid, and make bad decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgan101 View Post
            They have moved the Day Zero date back to August, and are hoping rain will come then. Pray that the rains come. It has been a three year drought. I don't even want to think about 4 million people without water. The chaos would be unspeakable.

that water crisis might be the lesser of the problems now - if you know the history down there - especially Rhodesia - the end came on fast once the gooberment opened the season on the whites - there's been all kinds of farm attacks & murders already - now they are nearly sanctioned ......

Comment

The political unrest is very, very, bad. I really wonder IF the suidlanders will be able to get to any of the bugout locations. They are well prepared, but if you aren't already in the location when TSHTF you will be a big target, and swimming with sharks in a feeding frenzy.

Comment

The political unrest is very, very, bad. I really wonder IF the suidlanders will be able to get to any of the bugout locations. They are well prepared, but if you aren't already in the location when TSHTF you will be a big target, and swimming with sharks in a feeding frenzy.

if you study their bug out system and planning - they'll make it to their bug out locations ... they can defend themselves against other lightly armed civilians - it's what the gooberment military does that has them worried - they have no defenses against strafing or heavy armored vehicles ....

Comment

Originally posted by Illini Warrior View Post
                  it's what the gooberment military does that has them worried - they have no defenses against strafing or heavy armored vehicles ....
                  If that turns out to be the case, hopefully they'll take a few pages out of the insurgent/ gorilla handbook to help equalize the playing field. I'm sure some creative farmers might think up a few surprises with the fertilizer they have on hand for any vehicles pursuing or attacking them. Air power would be tough to counter.
                  I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you!

Comment

Originally posted by CountryGuy View Post

If that turns out to be the case, hopefully they'll take a few pages out of the insurgent/ gorilla handbook to help equalize the playing field. I'm sure some creative farmers might think up a few surprises with the fertilizer they have on hand for any vehicles pursuing or attacking them. Air power would be tough to counter.

as large and prepared as the Suidlanders are - I doubt they have to improvise too much - they have plenty of territory and no lack of cache hole digging equipment - and there's generations of armed conflict in that part of the world - they won't go done without a fight ....

Comment

Originally posted by CountryGuy View Post

From what I'm hearing, it's not a matter of them being prepared, it's a matter of when SHTF which way will the military/police forces fall. My daughter has a friend living in Cape Town and they e-mail. My daughter is very concerned with her friends safety, especially as a young woman. Africa has been through this numerous times now but the worlds progressives don't get it. Do an internet search Suidlander die, and you may see more than you want.

Country, I know there were a number of guys from what used to be Rhodesia that are more than trained for such conflicts and while they may be "older" they are more than able to train those seeking knowledge.
                      Judge no one, until you have walked in the same mud and spilt the same blood. Him, I call brother.

Comment

WOW!!! Dalewick, that is really scary. Is your daughter's friend from that area? Between the water shortage and the civil unrest that is no place to be. If she is from that area it is a terrible dilemma to have to leave your home; even to have to make that choice. If she is not from that area she would be well advised to leave immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by dalewick View Post

From what I'm hearing, it's not a matter of them being prepared, it's a matter of when SHTF which way will the military/police forces fall. My daughter has a friend living in Cape Town and they e-mail. My daughter is very concerned with her friends safety, especially as a young woman. Africa has been through this numerous times now but the worlds progressives don't get it. Do an internet search Suidlander die, and you may see more than you want.

Country, I know there were a number of guys from what used to be Rhodesia that are more than trained for such conflicts and while they may be "older" they are more than able to train those seeking knowledge.

the Suidlanders are members on the bigger prepper sites with an international section - from what I've seen mentioned about the SA military & PD forces there's little doubt how that'll go - there's military and para-military PD squads that are nothing but headhunting thugs ...

Comment

WOW!!! Dalewick, that is really scary. Is your daughter's friend from that area? Between the water shortage and the civil unrest that is no place to be. If she is from that area it is a terrible dilemma to have to leave your home; even to have to make that choice. If she is not from that area she would be well advised to leave immediately.
                            Morgan, No, she is Israeli. She actually got her music degree at WVU and got a job with the South African Orchestra. She is well informed and ready to get out when or if it comes.

Dale
                            Judge no one, until you have walked in the same mud and spilt the same blood. Him, I call brother.

Comment

Originally posted by Illini Warrior View Post

the Suidlanders are members on the bigger prepper sites with an international section - from what I've seen mentioned about the SA military & PD forces there's little doubt how that'll go - there's military and para-military PD squads that are nothing but headhunting thugs ...
                              Head hunting thugs abound in the world. The one thing I've learned when in there countries and having to deal with them is, never assume you know what they will do. Every country I've ever been in that used there military as there police force is to some degree, unstable. I've experienced countries falling but never due to a natural disaster. If it happens, all preppers better study it to know what can happen as it may be a reflection of the future. What would happen if terrorist figure out how to destroy entire water supplies of cities or maybe entire regions?

Dale

Comment

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...rican-farmers/

Australia looking at saving the SA farmers that are now on the extinction bubble at home ....

Comment

Working...
                                X