Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heads up Carolina! Possible Winter Storm INCOMING!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Heads up Carolina! Possible Winter Storm INCOMING!!!



    Just wanted to let folks in the Carolinas (NC mainly I think) that it might get a little dicey between tonight and Monday.

    Watch out for the CRAZY drivers on the road and make preps in case you get stranded or hafta shelter in place :eek:

    *IF* it hits post your After Action Reports (AAR) here on this thread.

    *IF* it don't hit... just call the NWS (national weather service) chickern little;)
    73

    later,
    ZA

    Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to
    beat you to death with it because it is empty.

    The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get.


  • #2
    Well, I'm not in NC, BUT, it was about 70° here yesterday, THIS EVENING, we have 4 inches of snow and still coming down like crazy! :mad::D <-- Can't make up my mind yet. We rarely get snow here that amounts to anything, usually we just get ice.

    Comment


    • #3
      Zombie Axe,

      Oh, Boy! Some real snow! I've been waiting for this!

      I hope it's ace-hole deep, so the Walking Undead won't get out in it! May they get 100 loaves of wet, milky bread as their reward for casting themselves into the frozen deep!

      :D
      "Apocalypse is by no means inevitable." --Jim Rice.

      Comment


      • #4
        Easy now TUO... I gotta work in this stuff:( BUT I will be playing in it when I get off of work :D

        BOV ready to deploy. Towing chains/straps good to go. Chainsaw onboard and fueled along with safety gear. BOB/GHB Stranded Bag checked and ready for use. Wood rack filled. Flashlights ready. Battery bank topped off... IN OTHER WORDS... WE ARE GOOD TO GO!!!:)
        73

        later,
        ZA

        Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to
        beat you to death with it because it is empty.

        The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Lostinoz View Post
          Well, I'm not in NC, BUT, it was about 70° here yesterday, THIS EVENING, we have 4 inches of snow and still coming down like crazy! :mad::D <-- Can't make up my mind yet. We rarely get snow here that amounts to anything, usually we just get ice.
          Thanks for the heads up... send all you don't want over the Blue Ridge and deposit where it may ;)
          73

          later,
          ZA

          Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to
          beat you to death with it because it is empty.

          The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get.

          Comment


          • #6
            I'm "supposed" to introduce 2 newbies to kayaking tomorrow at a local lake, in preperation for our trip next weekend...they just called to inform me that it's supposed to snow tomorrow....SO!...that'll make it all the more fun!

            Comment


            • #7
              Cool SNOWYAKING!!!

              A kayak on the snow makes a great sled;)
              73

              later,
              ZA

              Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to
              beat you to death with it because it is empty.

              The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get.

              Comment


              • #8
                One last storm before spring!!!

                My forecast:
                SNOW... POSSIBLY MIXED WITH SLEET... WILL DEVELOP SUNDAY EVENING. A COMPLETE CHANGEOVER TO SNOW IS EXPECTED BY MIDNIGHT WITH THE SNOW FALLING HEAVILY AT TIMES THROUGH MONDAY MORNING. THE SNOW WILL BECOME LIGHT BY AFTERNOON BEFORE ENDING LATE IN THE DAY. THERE IS THE POTENTIAL FOR AT LEAST 8 INCHES OF SNOW ACROSS THE TRI-STATE BY THE TIME THE SNOW COMES TO AN END. AT THIS TIME... THE HIGHEST AMOUNTS LOOK TO BE ACROSS CONNECTICUT AND LONG ISLAND.




                Many, many years ago when I was in college in North Carolina, we had a snowstorm of about 2". The town was shut down. as a girl from the NorthEast, I couldn't understand it.
                "Be Excellent to Each Other"

                Comment


                • #9
                  Zombie Axe,

                  You wrote:

                  Easy now TUO... I gotta work in this stuff :( BUT I will be playing in it when I get off of work :D
                  Oh, that's right. Well, in either case, do be careful...Please let us know if you see any Abominable Undead out there, whether they are Chinese Yeti, West Coast Bigfeet, or members of the Obama-nable Obamanation, they mean us ill and may have just enough sense to use snowshoes.

                  ;)

                  BOV ready to deploy. Towing chains/straps good to go. Chainsaw onboard and fueled along with safety gear. BOB/GHB Stranded Bag checked and ready for use. Wood rack filled. Flashlights ready. Battery bank topped off... IN OTHER WORDS... WE ARE GOOD TO GO!!!
                  Good man! I like how you call it a Bug Out Bag/Get Home Bag/Stranded Bag. It acknowledges all possibilities, including the hopeful ones, and it also emphasizes something else Survivalists and Preppers need to plan for...what to do after disaster passes.
                  "Apocalypse is by no means inevitable." --Jim Rice.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Zombie Axe,

                    Fortunately, the Lowcountry Lizard-Man and the Latin Chupacabra are most likely in hybernation at this time of year, and as far as I know, the Middle East doesn't have any cryptozoological monsters, so we are at least safe in this department.

                    :D
                    "Apocalypse is by no means inevitable." --Jim Rice.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Zombie Axe View Post
                      Cool SNOWYAKING!!! A kayak on the snow makes a great sled;)
                      ZA,
                      Snarl wrote a while back about a boat incident, and then a canoe incident. So, for some reason, I've got a feeling we're gonna hear about something like this.;)

                      TUO,
                      You wrote "cryptozoological monsters"! Were you one of those lab rat, Biology majors???;)
                      If it looks ignernt, but it works, then it ain't ignernt.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Brosia View Post
                        One last storm before spring!!!

                        My forecast:
                        SNOW... POSSIBLY MIXED WITH SLEET... WILL DEVELOP SUNDAY EVENING. A COMPLETE CHANGEOVER TO SNOW IS EXPECTED BY MIDNIGHT WITH THE SNOW FALLING HEAVILY AT TIMES THROUGH MONDAY MORNING. THE SNOW WILL BECOME LIGHT BY AFTERNOON BEFORE ENDING LATE IN THE DAY. THERE IS THE POTENTIAL FOR AT LEAST 8 INCHES OF SNOW ACROSS THE TRI-STATE BY THE TIME THE SNOW COMES TO AN END. AT THIS TIME... THE HIGHEST AMOUNTS LOOK TO BE ACROSS CONNECTICUT AND LONG ISLAND.




                        Many, many years ago when I was in college in North Carolina, we had a snowstorm of about 2". The town was shut down. as a girl from the NorthEast, I couldn't understand it.

                        LOL Brosia... It doesn't take much to shut down NC in the way of frozen stuff (heck I'll even say rain). I have had to drive my work truck in it for many years (especially the mountains) so you either get good at it or you have to many wrecks and get fired :eek: I also tend to PLAY in it when I drive the personal truck back home:D

                        Most folks drive to hard, turn to sudden and try to stop to fast:mad: Those are the idiots you gotta watch for:rolleyes:

                        Enjoy your storm up there...
                        73

                        later,
                        ZA

                        Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to
                        beat you to death with it because it is empty.

                        The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Yep, it shuts our little town down, too. We are up to about 8 inches of snow now. Electricity went off briefly. I SURE hope you guys get your snow Zombie, cause I don't mind sharing it!! :D

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Vicious Ignernt,

                            You wrote:

                            You wrote "cryptozoological monsters"! Were you one of those lab rat, Biology majors??? ;)
                            I wish I was. That field has tons of lucrative careers.

                            Well, maybe I'll have a chance to practice recombinant DNA experiments when I get a homestead. The sight of pumpkins the size of VW bugs guarded by Godzilla clones will make looters think twice.

                            :D
                            "Apocalypse is by no means inevitable." --Jim Rice.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              bring it on i want snowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
                              the pack that plays together stays together

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X