Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paracord bracelet with whistle. Anyone tried making these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maric
    replied
    Originally posted by Omegaman View Post
    I don't wear any jewlery on the job, not even my wedding band but in the woods I wear this all of the time.
    Does the "metal" part ever cut into your wrist? I am the clumsiest person, and I broke my diamond wedding ring, doing laundry. Its ok, Im not a big ring person.. lol..
    I wear my paracord bracelet daily, yet to make the whistle bracelet, Im afriad Id slice my wrist getting it caught on something though.. I like the design though :)

Leave a comment:

• Omegaman
    replied
    I don't wear any jewlery on the job, not even my wedding band but in the woods I wear this all of the time. Knowing how to cut away is also a go skill. In october 2000 a wave kicked a string of pots off the stern of the boat in heavy seas and I was in the wrong place at the right time and got tangled in the line. At 3:00am me and 20 pots went off the back. I was able to use my spyderco 93mm to cut free before the boat eighted back to me or being dragged to the bottom. That my friends is why I am no longer a stern man.
    Last edited by Omegaman; 07-11-2011, 09:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Diesel
    replied
    Looks awesome!Only thing I would say is I'm a little opposed to the steel shackle type buckles incase it gets hung up on something i.e piece of equipment, it wouldn't break and you'd be dragged or worse

Leave a comment:

• Omegaman
    replied
    I pick up those buckles from e-bay in a bag of 4 for $3.99 with free shipping. I make the double cobra stich bracelets and sell them to customers at work. here is a picture of one I made for myself it is black 550 with a marine grade harken stainless steel shackle. I like using shackles because the shackles can be used to connect things together if needed. I don't have any on hand with the whistle buckle to show right now.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Omegaman; 07-11-2011, 10:24 AM. Reason: spelling

Leave a comment:

• maric
    replied
    Originally posted by maric View Post
    Holy! AWOL, Ready when you are indeed! :) You are a hoot Mrs!!!!!!! :) Good stuff, ill show the Mr, he will want one, fo-sho... :)
    Rephrase, want one, FOR ME, lol.. I know "Dont ask Dont tell was lifted, but ya' know, I gotta keep it straight just incase there was confusion!!!

Leave a comment:

• maric
    replied
    Originally posted by Skyowl's Wife View Post
    Okay. I was looking for some buckles to include in my mac... er... tactical weaving efforts.

Found this http://tacticalcorsets.com/buckles

Don't know what'n'ell it's good for, but SO and I had a good laugh about it! :rolleyes:
    Holy! AWOL, Ready when you are indeed! :) You are a hoot Mrs!!!!!!! :) Good stuff, ill show the Mr, he will want one, fo-sho... :)

Leave a comment:

• Skyowl's Wife
    replied
    Okay. I was looking for some buckles to include in my mac... er... tactical weaving efforts.

Found this http://tacticalcorsets.com/buckles

Don't know what'n'ell it's good for, but SO and I had a good laugh about it! :rolleyes:

Leave a comment:

• Iron mike
    replied
    A friend of mine on the ship makes them for me we usually just scrounge the buckles from broken equipment but I like the ones on the site thank you very much for posting it one more reason I love coming to this site

Leave a comment:

• dragonjimm
    replied
    i have tried several time but being left handed the knots dont come out right. however i have a 11 yr old Scout can whip these things out like clock work no matter whats on the end. has made the whole troop one and several for me :)

Leave a comment:

• emergprep
    replied
    Originally posted by Snow Walker View Post
    Here's a little something I found out last year...black bears DO NOT like whistles.
    Good to know!

Leave a comment:

• emergprep
    replied
    Here's a little something I found out last year...black bears DO NOT like whistles
    Good to know!

Leave a comment:

• Snow Walker
    replied
    Here's a little something I found out last year...black bears DO NOT like whistles.

Leave a comment:

• emergprep
    replied
    A whistle is a very handy thing to have! All my kids carry one at all times; so do i for the most part. I always have one on my person when in the field and so do my scouts. When we are in an encampment and I need to gather the boys, two short blows and they are there in seconds. Two short means it's feeding time! two long means they need to be back in the next 15 mins. I keep mine on a short lanyard with my mini mag and swiss army tinker.

Leave a comment:

• Snow Walker
    replied
    I don't care who you are...having a whistle on you is a very good idea. I never venture into the woods without one. Mine is tied to a long piece of 550 cord. I will run it through my belt loop closest to my front pocket and through itself again. I then let the excess hang in my front pocket.

I never where ANYTHING around my neck or on my wrist!

Good thinking for the kids, but I would even avoid the buckles.

Leave a comment:

• Echo2
    replied
    Originally posted by maric View Post
    I thought it was you who had posted something about the cord and buckles breaking... Yeah, I like my hands... a lot... :)
    It is kinda bulky, but, its really not bad. I got used to it pretty quickly. I like the idea of always having it handy..I toss it off while Im sleeping, sometimes..
    I dont think the Mr would let me put a "whistle" on his,.. no big surprise, lol.. GI Joe and all.. but Id be ok with it!
    Just you wait, Im gonna be the best whistle paracord bracelet maker, bet you know what your getting for Christmas?? lol.. :)
    I got a bunch 1/2" rod left from a job.....and I dug out my jig to make dinner bells....the triangle kind....I'm going ahead with Christmas gifts myself....:)

Last year I slacked and didn't get don until Nov 1....normally I'm done by the end of Sept with the shopping/ building gift thing.

Some where close to 200 shopping days left.....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X