Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paracord bracelet with whistle. Anyone tried making these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have tried several time but being left handed the knots dont come out right. however i have a 11 yr old Scout can whip these things out like clock work no matter whats on the end. has made the whole troop one and several for me :)

Comment

A friend of mine on the ship makes them for me we usually just scrounge the buckles from broken equipment but I like the ones on the site thank you very much for posting it one more reason I love coming to this site
      NONSOLIS RADIOS SEDIOUIS FULMINA MITTO

Comment

Okay. I was looking for some buckles to include in my mac... er... tactical weaving efforts.

Found this http://tacticalcorsets.com/buckles

Don't know what'n'ell it's good for, but SO and I had a good laugh about it! :rolleyes:
        "If Howdy Doody runs against him, I'm voting for the puppet." - SkyOwl's Wife, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Skyowl's Wife View Post
          Okay. I was looking for some buckles to include in my mac... er... tactical weaving efforts.

Found this http://tacticalcorsets.com/buckles

Don't know what'n'ell it's good for, but SO and I had a good laugh about it! :rolleyes:
          Holy! AWOL, Ready when you are indeed! :) You are a hoot Mrs!!!!!!! :) Good stuff, ill show the Mr, he will want one, fo-sho... :)
          If the zombies chase us, Im tripping you!!!

Comment

Originally posted by maric View Post
            Holy! AWOL, Ready when you are indeed! :) You are a hoot Mrs!!!!!!! :) Good stuff, ill show the Mr, he will want one, fo-sho... :)
            Rephrase, want one, FOR ME, lol.. I know "Dont ask Dont tell was lifted, but ya' know, I gotta keep it straight just incase there was confusion!!!

Comment

I pick up those buckles from e-bay in a bag of 4 for $3.99 with free shipping. I make the double cobra stich bracelets and sell them to customers at work. here is a picture of one I made for myself it is black 550 with a marine grade harken stainless steel shackle. I like using shackles because the shackles can be used to connect things together if needed. I don't have any on hand with the whistle buckle to show right now.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Omegaman; 07-11-2011, 10:24 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Looks awesome!Only thing I would say is I'm a little opposed to the steel shackle type buckles incase it gets hung up on something i.e piece of equipment, it wouldn't break and you'd be dragged or worse
                WHAT IF THE AMERICA YOU KNEW, WAS ABOUT TO CHANGE?

The best thing you can do to support the site is pass it on to your friends and fav sites like other forums, facebook, twitter etc. Let people know about us! :)

Comment

I don't wear any jewlery on the job, not even my wedding band but in the woods I wear this all of the time. Knowing how to cut away is also a go skill. In october 2000 a wave kicked a string of pots off the stern of the boat in heavy seas and I was in the wrong place at the right time and got tangled in the line. At 3:00am me and 20 pots went off the back. I was able to use my spyderco 93mm to cut free before the boat eighted back to me or being dragged to the bottom. That my friends is why I am no longer a stern man.
                  Last edited by Omegaman; 07-11-2011, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Omegaman View Post
                    I don't wear any jewlery on the job, not even my wedding band but in the woods I wear this all of the time.
                    Does the "metal" part ever cut into your wrist? I am the clumsiest person, and I broke my diamond wedding ring, doing laundry. Its ok, Im not a big ring person.. lol..
                    I wear my paracord bracelet daily, yet to make the whistle bracelet, Im afriad Id slice my wrist getting it caught on something though.. I like the design though :)

Comment

Working...
                    X