Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paracord bracelet with whistle. Anyone tried making these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paracord bracelet with whistle. Anyone tried making these?

here the link..
    http://sgtknots.com/survival_bracelet.aspx

Has anyone tried to make these? Im gonna give it a try.. Seems like a great idea for the older kids, heck, even for me! :)
    If the zombies chase us, Im tripping you!!!

I've made the bracelets (that sounds manly :rolleyes:) but I don't have any with the buckles.
    I been wanting to buy some.
    I just made the simple, make a loop and put the knot through it bracelets.
    I'll keep my guns, freedom, and money... YOU CAN KEEP THE "CHANGE"!

Comment

Originally posted by Domdabears View Post
      I've made the bracelets (that sounds manly :rolleyes:) but I don't have any with the buckles.
      I been wanting to buy some.
      I just made the simple, make a loop and put the knot through it bracelets.
      I have not tried yet. We have tons of cord, just no time to do so. We wear the ones with buckles, and I really like them! I have been wanting to get whistles, anyways for the kids, but seems like it would be neat on the bracelet. So, I have watched the videos on "how to" just need to practice and find the whistle thingys... Do the bracelets with just the loops stay on, ok? Im pretty tough with my "jewelry'.. lol..

Comment

Originally posted by maric View Post
        I have not tried yet. We have tons of cord, just no time to do so. We wear the ones with buckles, and I really like them! I have been wanting to get whistles, anyways for the kids, but seems like it would be neat on the bracelet. So, I have watched the videos on "how to" just need to practice and find the whistle thingys... Do the bracelets with just the loops stay on, ok? Im pretty tough with my "jewelry'.. lol..
        They sort of stay on ok. you always have that worry of it falling off.
        That's why I want those buckles.

Now that I think about it, I might have some buckles.
        When I bought my MOLLE II it came with a big bag of replacement buckles.
        Maybe one of those would be small enough to use.
        I'll keep my guns, freedom, and money... YOU CAN KEEP THE "CHANGE"!

Comment

Originally posted by Domdabears View Post
          They sort of stay on ok. you always have that worry of it falling off.
          That's why I want those buckles.

Now that I think about it, I might have some buckles.
          When I bought my MOLLE II it came with a big bag of replacement buckles.
          Maybe one of those would be small enough to use.
          They might be??? I feel stupid, I checked out the sight further, and found the buckles with the whistles, orange or GRAY! $2.50 a piece...looking at shipping, now.. Im gonna order and try it? I think its awesome for my 8 yr old daughter!

Comment

That's pretty cool, please let me know if you find the whistle buckles.

Comment

lol.. link above, I just didnt notice it.. $2.50!!!

Comment

Note: I cant remember if I read it here or another site....paracord has a rating of 550lbs.....a bracelet doubles it up and then some....buckles will break if it gets snagged on something.....cord wont....do you know what the medical term "gloved" means....just a PSA.

I like the idea....but it would probably drive me nuts something dangling there on my wrist...:)
                Live like you'll die tomorrow, learn like you'll live forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Echo2 View Post
                  Note: I cant remember if I read it here or another site....paracord has a rating of 550lbs.....a bracelet doubles it up and then some....buckles will break if it gets snagged on something.....cord wont....do you know what the medical term "gloved" means....just a PSA.

I like the idea....but it would probably drive me nuts something dangling there on my wrist...:)
                  I thought it was you who had posted something about the cord and buckles breaking... Yeah, I like my hands... a lot... :)
                  It is kinda bulky, but, its really not bad. I got used to it pretty quickly. I like the idea of always having it handy..I toss it off while Im sleeping, sometimes..
                  I dont think the Mr would let me put a "whistle" on his,.. no big surprise, lol.. GI Joe and all.. but Id be ok with it!
                  Just you wait, Im gonna be the best whistle paracord bracelet maker, bet you know what your getting for Christmas?? lol.. :)

Comment

Originally posted by maric View Post
                    I thought it was you who had posted something about the cord and buckles breaking... Yeah, I like my hands... a lot... :)
                    It is kinda bulky, but, its really not bad. I got used to it pretty quickly. I like the idea of always having it handy..I toss it off while Im sleeping, sometimes..
                    I dont think the Mr would let me put a "whistle" on his,.. no big surprise, lol.. GI Joe and all.. but Id be ok with it!
                    Just you wait, Im gonna be the best whistle paracord bracelet maker, bet you know what your getting for Christmas?? lol.. :)
                    I got a bunch 1/2" rod left from a job.....and I dug out my jig to make dinner bells....the triangle kind....I'm going ahead with Christmas gifts myself....:)

Last year I slacked and didn't get don until Nov 1....normally I'm done by the end of Sept with the shopping/ building gift thing.

Some where close to 200 shopping days left.....
                    Live like you'll die tomorrow, learn like you'll live forever.

Comment

I don't care who you are...having a whistle on you is a very good idea. I never venture into the woods without one. Mine is tied to a long piece of 550 cord. I will run it through my belt loop closest to my front pocket and through itself again. I then let the excess hang in my front pocket.

I never where ANYTHING around my neck or on my wrist!

Good thinking for the kids, but I would even avoid the buckles.

Comment

A whistle is a very handy thing to have! All my kids carry one at all times; so do i for the most part. I always have one on my person when in the field and so do my scouts. When we are in an encampment and I need to gather the boys, two short blows and they are there in seconds. Two short means it's feeding time! two long means they need to be back in the next 15 mins. I keep mine on a short lanyard with my mini mag and swiss army tinker.

Comment

Here's a little something I found out last year...black bears DO NOT like whistles.

Comment

Here's a little something I found out last year...black bears DO NOT like whistles
                            Good to know!

Comment

Originally posted by Snow Walker View Post
                              Here's a little something I found out last year...black bears DO NOT like whistles.
                              Good to know!

Comment

Working...
                              X