X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morgan101
    replied
    I thought I was obsessed with backpacks (and I am. Guilty as charged). Really nice layout. Well thought out.

I think I have gear stored in bags and labeled like rooms in a house i.e. bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, and what you would have in those rooms. Mine pales in comparison to yours, Diesel. I have a long way to go.

Great post!

Leave a comment:

• Diesel
    replied
    Originally posted by brewer101 View Post
    Mountain Smith Pack - I'd guess about 1994.
    Brewer if I were to guess I'd say it's Late 80's 88/89 maybe

Leave a comment:

• Diesel
    replied
    Hahaha I'mn sure my setups have changed 100 times since this let me look back through it and see what I can update ;)

Leave a comment:

• dalewick
    replied
    WOW! How in the H..E..double hockey sticks had I missed this all this time. Sweet thread Diesel!!! Hope you add some more to it soon. It is official now though, I hate you. LOL! Not really, just envious.

Dale

Leave a comment:

• brewer101
    replied
    Mountain Smith Pack - I'd guess about 1994.

Leave a comment:

• onmyown
    replied
    Can I run my gear pictures list off yours or start my own? I think I have some things to offer the community =-)

Leave a comment:

• JLBIII
    replied
    Thanks for posting this Diesel, lots of good ideas and the pics were fantastic. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that thinks it's always better to have a couple or three of the same or different items that do the same thing.

Joe

Leave a comment:

• Diesel
    replied
    Added

Added some Rescue / Climbing / Descent gear pics in post 3

Leave a comment:

• Diesel
    replied
    my pleasure... need to get around to posting some more, will work on that

Leave a comment:

• TNap
    replied
    Excellent thread Diesel! Thanks for sharing.

Leave a comment:

• Iron mike
    replied
    Nice gear i like how you broke it down by function of packs I am alwayse Repacking for different things i should get off my cheap a#$ and go get a few more packs I think

Leave a comment:

• Domdabears
    replied
    My god that's a lot of packs.
    Money money money

Leave a comment:

• Diesel
    replied
    Originally posted by hford View Post
    I love the way you have it organized. The pics are clearly labeled. The packs are side by side so it's easy to compare sizes. Then broken down by type. I'm so visual and new to this, so this is WONDERFUL! I can put items with names, and see what people have for ideas. Thanks! I know it's time consuming, but I'm learning a lot. (and I'm sure I'm not the only one. )
    Thanks really appreciate that, more to come

Leave a comment:

• Diesel
    replied
    I am a Gear Whore lol these pics and stuff are a needle in a haystack of my gear lol, I'm going to try to post more pics shortly so stay tuned!!

Re: the mountainsmith pack.. if I told you how old that pack is you wouldn't believe me ;)

Leave a comment:

• maric
    replied
    I dont know how I missed this one either?? Thanks for taking the time to take pics and go over all this stuff! I love all the packs! You are a gear whore.. :) Im looking for a good starter sleep system. I just use a heavier sleeping bag now. Was thinking of picking up what the Mr. has, the Army sleep set 3 piece, dont even know what its called. I want lightweight and dont want to spend a ton, so essentially, a starter set. Ill take a look at your sleep system thread, you mentioned! What do you think about your Mountainsmith pack? I have the ladies Aspen 30, I got for about $45.00. Its a handy pack! You have any complaints with yours? I love finding good deals on them. Its like my old thoughts about handbags, except now packs, "You can never have too many"! lol... Except packs actually serve a purpose! :)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X