No announcement yet.

gas mask

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to start? Don't buy any M17A1 military gas masks because the filters cannot be changed in under 10 minutes. They are built into the mask. Find a civilian mask used in industry, they cost about 150-200 but we are talking about you staying alive here. Make sure they use the 40mm threaded filters.

Also nice to have is a voice box and a double filter location below the face plate. Then purchase the NATO 40 mm threaded filters. or the civilian type. A tyvex suit with built in boots and hood (used for painting) will do for most activities.

To find the right size you should be fit tested. This included a banana oil test.

Keep the filters in their packages. If used keep a log on time used because not only do filters have a "Used by date" but also a "Maximum amount of time". If you have purchased a good number of filters, buy a training filter for practice. You will find it is much harder to shoot with a mask on!!!!

Comment

Something to check into. Has anyone else bought these mask? Be nice to know which ones would be the best if ever needed. Rich your info is very helpful. But I don't think at this time I would want to purchase these. This is something that I would be watching the news and then making that decision based on what is happening in the world.

Comment

Working...
      X