Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody reccomend a good pair of gloves.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody reccomend a good pair of gloves.

Seems like gloves get neglected when talking about gear. Anyone know of a good affordable pair of tactical gloves. I have pairs of mechanix gloves etc. but they are either thin leather or nylon which will melt to your skin if you get your self set on fire, or they just don't hold up to rough use and hinder your dexterity more than I am willing to sacrifice.
    SQUARE PEG IN A ROUND HOLE

always remember the golden rule "you get what you pay for" I would advise that you save a little money and get a pair of black hawks. try tactical.com I have been happy with their other products so far. a friend wore them over seas and loved them. I don't own a pair yet still saving myself.

Comment

OK, I know they are cheap crap, but I always keep about 20 pair of magic gloves in cars and laying around. I worked at a wood mill for 12 years and it was located in a river basin so it was always about 20f less than everywhere else. When we had issues outside I would put on 2 or 3 pair on under leather gloves and was never cold. You can usually find them for about 2pr/$1 so you can't beat it and they wash just fine. They also take up very little room so one in every pocket of every coat is almost unnoticable.
      He who lives with the most toys, wins.

Comment

Is there such a thing as a tight fitting kevlar or cutproof glove that would still allow good manual dexterity. I know it sounds expensive but your hands are probably one of the most important thing you have. Just look at how much you spend on a good pair of boots.

Comment

Check out gloves from a firefighter supply store. They have extrication gloves that are cut resistant and fit just like the mechanic's style gloves. They do cost some $$, but like you said, your hands are extremely important.

Comment

Magic gloves and fireman's gloves both sound like something good to have. Thanks.

Comment

And they're MAGIC.
              He who lives with the most toys, wins.

Comment

My complaint with many gloves is dexterity.
                I have some chinese made web gear with the phony Fastex buckles/snaps/fasteners, when I wear normal mechanix gloves I cannot squeeze the fasteners far enough to make them release, I actualy have to remove my glove for a mag change!
                My only other option would be to buy open top mag pouches and use Magpulls but it is quite wet and muddy here and I don't want my pouches/mags full of mud!
                The road to serfdom is paved with free electric golf carts.

Comment

For just a good, lightweight, waterproof glove that you can still get a finger in the trigger well with, I like these: Cabela's Premier Pittards Insulated GORE-TEX Leather Shooting Glove. They're like $55. I've used em in combat & they hold up pretty well.

Comment

I've always liked the nomex flight gloves, wore them alot in the military. You can find them in just about any surplus store or cop shop.
                    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

Comment

I use gloves that are made for rope work. What I mean by that is rope rescue work. They are all leather with double palmed leather made by PMI they cost abit I think I bought mine for around $20.00 but they last forever I've had my pair for over 15 years now you don't lose any dexterity and you also can get them in the finger-less model just my two pennies
                      Survival is not the art of living it's the art of existing

Comment

Check out Hatch Law Enfforcement gloves. They make several different variety's from knife protection to search gloves that protect you from needle punctures and razor blades. They are quite pricy, but you get what you pay for.

Comment

If working, I would typically use my brothers old dirt biking gloves. In the winter I use Marmott gloves.
                          Survived another day... Now to do it again....

Comment

Reminds me to increase my stockpile of gloves!

Comment

Working...
                            X