Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BOB - Post Pics & List your Bug Out BAG gear THREAD!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good post!

Didn't see any extra magazines

You may want to switch that flashlight out for an LED, will last longer and the bulb won't break, and weigh less

Also i'd remove alot of the stuff that's still in the packaging, saves space as they hold air etc

Not sure what you have in the square blue container but it looks bulky

Missing toilet paper?

Fire starting kit?

1st aid?
    WHAT IF THE AMERICA YOU KNEW, WAS ABOUT TO CHANGE?

The best thing you can do to support the site is pass it on to your friends and fav sites like other forums, facebook, twitter etc. Let people know about us! :)

Comment

Originally posted by troubled troubadour View Post
      I picked up a new to me bob at a yard sale the other week. I paid 5 bucks for it and the guy gave me a tactical vest. I was just wondering if any one know what type of bag it was and what the buckles on the belt are for. There are two on both side that fold away in to the pockets. If I don't need them I'm going to cut them off. If you know anything about the bag please share.

That was a Rucksack that the army tested in the early 90's it was supposed to replace the Alice pack. It was not the greatest. The "day pack" strapped to the top was odd shaped and really too small to fit much in. The straps are quick release attachment points for quick release straps that attached to the D rings on a parachute harness. Pretty much dead weight when you hit the ground.

My unit at the time briefly tested them and they were unsuitable for airborne ops. They were too long/tall and very bulky to move around in the planes with. Guys would trip on them trying to walk with them attached. They also tended to catch wind and spin jumpers up pretty good. Thankfully they and the combat vests (They were also very awkward to rig in a harness) were short lived and we went back to Alice packs and the old load carrying equipment.

I preferred the Alice pack but everybody is different and different things work for different people. If it works for you, use it.

Comment

Originally posted by HBGhost View Post
        That was a Rucksack that the army tested in the early 90's it was supposed to replace the Alice pack. It was not the greatest. The "day pack" strapped to the top was odd shaped and really too small to fit much in. The straps are quick release attachment points for quick release straps that attached to the D rings on a parachute harness. Pretty much dead weight when you hit the ground.

My unit at the time briefly tested them and they were unsuitable for airborne ops. They were too long/tall and very bulky to move around in the planes with. Guys would trip on them trying to walk with them attached. They also tended to catch wind and spin jumpers up pretty good. Thankfully they and the combat vests (They were also very awkward to rig in a harness) were short lived and we went back to Alice packs and the old load carrying equipment.

I preferred the Alice pack but everybody is different and different things work for different people. If it works for you, use it.
        Good info!!! Thanks!!
        The 12ga.... It's not just for rabbits anymore.

Comment

Looks like you're ready for anything! That O.D. flashlight looks realllllll familiar. :)

Comment

The H20 filter straw, is that the LifeStraw that has been advertised on F.B.? I have the big Katedyn that will pump 13,000 gals. of water before you replace the filter.(ceramic)

Comment

Nice setup for sure...IMO a bug out bag or weight of bag has to be a major concern..the military has addressed this with using a smaller combat pack that attaches with quick release buckles to main backpack....smaller combat pack is just for essentials if you are in situation where you need to move fast....anything over 25 lbs. will make big difference in how fast and how long you can move....if situation is bad enough and you have to drop bag to escape then things just changed against you.....having a small daypack with essentials 8-10 lbs attached to main pack could be the difference between life and death......

Comment

thats were i left my mcgiver coat,I miss it.

Comment

This is not my BOB - It is the basic BOB I got together for my family. If it is a 3 min go, they will take 5. Working on them. What I have listed here weighs less than 10 lbs. Food still in flux but will weigh about 2 1/2 lbs. for a total of a little under 13 lbs. They have instructions to add water, knives, ect. to their Alice packs. 3 of the 4 will carry. I know it is redundant to have this much repeat in 4 packs, but if they have to choose between loosing a pack or 2 or a member of the family, they can still GO. I know for sure they have added maps and a compass in each of 2 packs.

Fire starter kit
                  Fair weather matches w/ striker
                  In cap (must use striker) &
                  Extra striker inside bottle
                  2 Small lighters
                  Cotton balls or dryer lint soaked with vaseline & cooking oil
                  Orange tube of strike anywhere waterproof matches with striker in cap with extra striker inside tube
                  Tea light candle- 3 to start wet wood
                  Votive candle 1
                  25 Storm matches
                  Mag fire starter
                  Mini Magilight flashlight
                  Emergency folding stove (esbit) with 16 fuel blocks

Space saver 2 c stainless steel cup with folding handles for cooking/eating
                  Plastic spoons - 4
                  water kit
                  32 oz. (1qt.) water bottle
                  Water purification tablets – 24
                  Emergency water filter straw -1
                  Coffee filters – 10 (to pre filter water before purification)

Small pkg wipes for face and hands
                  Toilet paper (can be used as tinder)
                  Hooded poncho - 2
                  Double sized emergency blanket with instructions to make shelter
                  100 ft para cord
                  Bandanas-2 – can be used to pre filter water and use for 50 other things
                  Last edited by ZAGran; 07-20-2012, 06:39 PM. Reason: omission

Comment

Bump let's see those Bug out bags
                    WHAT IF THE AMERICA YOU KNEW, WAS ABOUT TO CHANGE?

The best thing you can do to support the site is pass it on to your friends and fav sites like other forums, facebook, twitter etc. Let people know about us! :)

Comment

the shotgun is a joke. You're not going to carry half of this stuff, much less 15 lbs of shotgun and shells for it.

Comment

Working...
                      X