Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BOB - Post Pics & List your Bug Out BAG gear THREAD!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jamman View Post
    its says im not allowed to post from url's. i just took a pic last week and packed everything up. i was trying to load the pic from my facebook but it just wont allow it. but picture everything you'd need to survive the Maine woods. any season. and well, i got it.

Just attach your pics to your post using the icon of a photo see the globe above to the right of that click that to insert photos

Great posts keep them coming
    WHAT IF THE AMERICA YOU KNEW, WAS ABOUT TO CHANGE?

The best thing you can do to support the site is pass it on to your friends and fav sites like other forums, facebook, twitter etc. Let people know about us! :)

Comment

Not mine....but thought you may find it interesting....

http://ericlefou.1.online.fr/MES_TRU...ernational.htm
      Live like you'll die tomorrow, learn like you'll live forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Oatmealer View Post
        Starting at the top, left to right... Kinda lol. I consider this my BOB, however, this is also the bag and contents that accompany my brother and I when we go on our camping/survival treks up in Northern Maine. I am aware of the lack of food in this bag :)

I have a smaller fanny pack type bag with 2 Nalgene bottle holders, that stays in my truck, or in any other vehicle I happen to be traveling in, or on my person during a day hike, that I will post next in the near future (I apologize for not posting now, I didn't realize how exhausting it was to itemize everything haha). It is much smaller, much lighter, contains only the bare essentials, but there is some excellent gear in it. It can clip right on the the bag shown and contains many supplemental items that are not in this large bag.

Hatchet
        200' 550 Cord
        50' 7/16" Climbing rope
        1 Large 300lb carabeener
        2 Medium 250lb carabeeners
        2 Small 200lb carabeeners
        Guthook
        Gerber Steadfast fixed blade knife
        Fillet knife (just cause it was free and came with a twin)
        MX-2 Tungsten carbide grit saw (foldable/lockable)
        U-Dig-It Foldable trowel
        Marksman Slingshot
        Survival Technologies compact binoculars
        Pop-out Magnifying glass
        9hr emergency candles
        Homemade Charcloth in aluminum shoe polish container
        Magnesium fire starter
        Trioxane solid fuel tablets
        Roll of Duct Tape
        25' of lashing wire
        Toiletries kit (TP, razor, shamois, toothbrush, bio degradable soap, deodorant, toothpaste, nail clippers, lighter, heavy duty sewing all, spare needles and 100' beeswax. signal mirror, modified first aid kit, ace bandage
        20 degree sleeping bag
        Bivvy sack
        Laminated quad fold pamphlets (Edible plants, trees, medicinal plants, knots, weather, animal tracks)
        Hiking 101 water resistant manual
        Gerber Gator III saw kit
        Pocket Stove (fold able/collapsible wood burning stove)
        Beer can alcohol stove
        MSR fuel bottle with denatured alcohol
        Handwarmers
        Notebook/pencil
        Protein bar (I normally take this bag camping and such)
        GSI Pinnacle Dualist mess kit with added water purification tablets, coffee filters, titanium utensils, MSR Pocket Rocket, can of isopropanol, stainless fry pan from another cook set.
        Beach towel
        WD40
        tube of Seal-all
        Max-Deet
        12hr light stick
        Orange female tiger cat (Ziggy) for moral support... Wait how did she get in the bag?
        2 Balaclavas
        Heavy duty gloves
        Hot water bottle and sock to put it in
        Grunt roll (2 pair wool socks, 1 pair cotton socks, thermal under ware, thermal shirt, 2 pair boxer briefs, cotton t shirt.
        Breathable (Columbia Titanium) Raingear
        Poncho
        Waterproof Pack cover
        Hooded torso bug net
        EMS quick dry convertible pants, Under Armour Heat Gear undershirt, LL bean Quick dry vented long sleeve button up shirt, EMS Gore-tex quick dry cap, bandana.
        Shown in complete picture:
        40oz stainless water bottle
        32oz Nalgene bottle
        Timberland Waterproof hikers
        Sleeping pad, Mil Spec wool blanket rolled up in a gray 12x12 tarp.

This bag, as is weighs 64.2lbs.

I probably missed something... In which I will continue to update as it comes.

If anyone would like a closer picture, or individual pictures of anything, let me know!
        Wow you keep a cat in your BOB. That is a fantastic way to supply fresh meat in you BOB.

Comment

MY Bug-Out-Bag or "B.O.B."

My, "B.O.B"...

A "Bug-Out-Bag" is supposed to be a STAGE 1 grab and GO.... NOW!, type of bag. IN THREE MINUTES! NOTHING TAKES (3) MINUTES! Grab your bag and get out of wherever you are and go to your pre-planned destination for STAGE 2 of your disaster response. Rendevousing with family, friends, co-workers, etc.

Your B.O.B. should never become your anchor but your emergency access to your survial and or survival storage space of supplies. (THIS is where you put the larger backpacks, food/rations, large water supply, LARGER WEAPONS, precious metals/silver/gold for trade, etc. Two or even three of these STAGE 2 places are great to have.

Most B.O.B.s are far over-loaded with things you will never need in ANY emergency. Dump that stuff in your STAGE 2 area. Sort through all the stuff when you get away from whatever disaster or danger you were in at STAGE 1.

Generally a B.O.B. should not have more than (3) things in it. THREE. That's it! The rest of anything else you would need is usually already on your person. Keys, broncial dialator, glasses, ID, MONEY and, well, (You already ARE leagally carrying concealed, are you not?) Then again, this is a disaster / emergency...

Little things like carrying legal or illegal, whether or not you have a FCC license to talk over the Big Boy Radios... This all sort of goes out the window until things calm down...

After all, this is YOUR LIFE and the lives of your families and friends at stake. If you don't see a judge and a jury... KEEP DOING WHATEVER YOU MUST DO TO SURVIVE! You can either hire or get an attorney appointed to you later. Just FOCUS, BE SAFE and SAVE WHOMEVER you can along the way to your safe spot, (STAGE 2)

Remember this, well, as a matter of fact make a BIG sign in BIG LETTERS on your computer and print out several of these signs and post them in areas where you store your gear....

"When disaster strikes, the time to prepare for it is GONE!"

Don't waste time with frivilous crap in a field pack. Keep it SMALL & LIGHT, for FLIGHT! Remember: NOTHING TAKES 3 MINUTES!

Now finally to my B.O.B. .....

I have a CamelBak with a 3 Litre bladder (Equal to 3 canteens of water) and a compartment much like a SMALL backpack. It is a BLACK CIVILIAN VERSION so if need be, I can BLEND IN to ANY CROWD. <Hint!> You don't know WHO you will run into during your, "disaster". (Besides, black goes with everything!)

In my CamelBak I have:

1) A 1 quart TRAVEL BERKEY WATER FILTER. (1 Quart size) Big enough to filter water for 2-3 people.

2) My long term MEDICATIONS

3) My READING GLASSES, (Without them I could not R-E-A-D!)

4) A K-BAR Combat Knife. What's Jethro (NCIS) Gibb's #1 rule? ALWAYS CARRY A KNIFE! I already do, however this one is bigger and provides much more versitility.

5) A LENSATIC COMPASS that glows in the dark.

6) A MAGNESIUM FIRESTARTING TOOL . One of those silver bars with flint and steel on em so you can start a fire anywhere, anytime you need to. A BIC lighter would do but what IF it happened to fail on you? How are you going to repair THAT in an emergency? I have no time for, "What IF's" I'm too busy experiencing new and exciting things happening all around me at the moment....

7) A FRS/GMRS RADIO with FRESH BATTERIES

OK, so I don't really need the K-BAR, COMPASS and FIRE STARTING TOOL, but the fit and I can GIT!

Enjoy the photo! Click image for larger version

Name:	BOB-MAIN.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	184493
          Last edited by USMC0351Grunt; 04-16-2011, 09:37 PM.
          "Trained to kill, prepared to die, prefer to live, Semper Fi!"

Comment

Originally posted by Oatmealer View Post
            Starting at the top, left to right... Kinda lol. I consider this my BOB, however, this is also the bag and contents that accompany my brother and I when we go on our camping/survival treks up in Northern Maine. I am aware of the lack of food in this bag :)

I have a smaller fanny pack type bag with 2 Nalgene bottle holders, that stays in my truck, or in any other vehicle I happen to be traveling in, or on my person during a day hike, that I will post next in the near future (I apologize for not posting now, I didn't realize how exhausting it was to itemize everything haha). It is much smaller, much lighter, contains only the bare essentials, but there is some excellent gear in it. It can clip right on the the bag shown and contains many supplemental items that are not in this large bag.

Hatchet
            200' 550 Cord
            50' 7/16" Climbing rope
            1 Large 300lb carabeener
            2 Medium 250lb carabeeners
            2 Small 200lb carabeeners
            Guthook
            Gerber Steadfast fixed blade knife
            Fillet knife (just cause it was free and came with a twin)
            MX-2 Tungsten carbide grit saw (foldable/lockable)
            U-Dig-It Foldable trowel
            Marksman Slingshot
            Survival Technologies compact binoculars
            Pop-out Magnifying glass
            9hr emergency candles
            Homemade Charcloth in aluminum shoe polish container
            Magnesium fire starter
            Trioxane solid fuel tablets
            Roll of Duct Tape
            25' of lashing wire
            Toiletries kit (TP, razor, shamois, toothbrush, bio degradable soap, deodorant, toothpaste, nail clippers, lighter, heavy duty sewing all, spare needles and 100' beeswax. signal mirror, modified first aid kit, ace bandage
            20 degree sleeping bag
            Bivvy sack
            Laminated quad fold pamphlets (Edible plants, trees, medicinal plants, knots, weather, animal tracks)
            Hiking 101 water resistant manual
            Gerber Gator III saw kit
            Pocket Stove (fold able/collapsible wood burning stove)
            Beer can alcohol stove
            MSR fuel bottle with denatured alcohol
            Handwarmers
            Notebook/pencil
            Protein bar (I normally take this bag camping and such)
            GSI Pinnacle Dualist mess kit with added water purification tablets, coffee filters, titanium utensils, MSR Pocket Rocket, can of isopropanol, stainless fry pan from another cook set.
            Beach towel
            WD40
            tube of Seal-all
            Max-Deet
            12hr light stick
            Orange female tiger cat (Ziggy) for moral support... Wait how did she get in the bag?
            2 Balaclavas
            Heavy duty gloves
            Hot water bottle and sock to put it in
            Grunt roll (2 pair wool socks, 1 pair cotton socks, thermal under ware, thermal shirt, 2 pair boxer briefs, cotton t shirt.
            Breathable (Columbia Titanium) Raingear
            Poncho
            Waterproof Pack cover
            Hooded torso bug net
            EMS quick dry convertible pants, Under Armour Heat Gear undershirt, LL bean Quick dry vented long sleeve button up shirt, EMS Gore-tex quick dry cap, bandana.
            Shown in complete picture:
            40oz stainless water bottle
            32oz Nalgene bottle
            Timberland Waterproof hikers
            Sleeping pad, Mil Spec wool blanket rolled up in a gray 12x12 tarp.

This bag, as is weighs 64.2lbs.

I probably missed something... In which I will continue to update as it comes.

If anyone would like a closer picture, or individual pictures of anything, let me know!
            Dude! How did you fit the cat in there! PETA might have a problem with that, unless that is one of those field packable attack cats...I hear thay have a M-203 type launcher for those cats.... "thoomp...meowwwwwww" LOL..

Nice set up man.

Comment

Please keep in mind I'm on a blue caller budget and I'm still working on my bag. I have a few things coming in this week to add to it. My bag is an A.L.I.C.E. pack that I got for 4 bucks at the local theft store.

Out side of the pack:
              Bandanna
              80 ft of pink para cord. That's right pink.
              Bear Grylls Fixed Blade. Say what you want about Bear but the knife is nice.
              Head Lamp
              Water canteen
              Poncho/ Tarp
              2 belts

Left Pocket:
              Mess kit
              Tuna
              Spam
              Noodles
              2 granola bars
              Energy shoot
              Salmon
              Camp stove

Middle Pocket:
              This is what I call a bug out bottle. Check out my youtube video if you want more info http://youtu.be/wFhngLdnnzE

Right Pocket:
              This is a hanging toiletries bag that carrys most of my essential supplies.
              Med kit
              Bite kit
              Alcohol spray
              Emergency blanket
              Hand warmers
              Shit tickets
              Flash light
              Knife sharpener
              Multi tool
              Bug spray
              4 AA batters (all electronic in my pack us AA)
              Reusable zip ties
              Fire starter
              Duck tape
              Map Case

Main Pocket:
              Hammock
              Underwear
              Socks
              Gloves
              Hat
              2 way communicators
              .22 survival rifle

I'm open to any suggestions.
              Attached Files
              When you have no choice, you have no fear!

Comment

A few more pics. The date on the pics are wrong. I took them today.
                Attached Files

Comment

troubled troubadour wrote: "Please keep in mind I'm on a blue caller budget and I'm still working on my bag. I have a few things coming in this week to add to it. My bag is an A.L.I.C.E. pack that I got for 4 bucks at the local theft store."

Awesome! my BOB is an Alice as well... Not the most comfortable pack but indestructable. One thing that makes these bags so much fun to put together is that you'll always be working on it. I's a never ending process of uprgading items, adding things you realize you need, removing things you realize you won't need, etc...
                  Good job! Great pics!
                  Thanks for taking the time to post!!!
                  The 12ga.... It's not just for rabbits anymore.

Comment

3 Day Bag

Alice pack
                    WP bag
                    Poncho x2
                    Poncho liner x2
                    9 MRE's, field stripped
                    18 emergency water pouches
                    Sawyer 2liter water filter
                    0000 steel wool
                    9v battery, tucked into a balloon
                    Folding saw
                    Etool
                    1st aid kit:
                    SAM splint x2
                    multiple sizes of trauma dressings
                    various bandaids
                    tylenol
                    ammodium
                    benadryl
                    sting/bite spray
                    tape
                    razors
                    50' 550 cord
                    50' ½ rope (not pictured)
                    Sturdy change of clothes
                    We have a 3yo and a 9 month old, so for them:
                    change of clothes x2 each
                    diapers/pullups/wipes (we are making good progress potty training!)
                    bottle w/ nipple
                    weeks supply of formula(keep it in a Nalgene bottle)
                    real food for the boys(half in my pack, half in mama's pack)
                    HEPA masks
                    hygiene kit
                    Remington 870, “tuned” by Wilson Combat
                    Rock Island 1911A1(carry gun, not actually in the pack, don't leave home without it.)
                    Box of 12 gauge birdshot, 25 rounds
                    2 boxes 00 buck, 10 rounds
                    Box of CCI minimags, 100 rounds
                    Box of .45ACP, 50 rounds (the missus carries the same amount of ammo, except .40S&W for her carry gun)
                    Universal cleaning kit
                    KABAR
                    a few Bic lighters, waterproof matches, spread around the pack

What I don't have, and know I need:
                    fishing stuff
                    water containers(planning on a few more Nalgene bottles)

The missus has an almost duplicate pack, instead of a shotgun she has the US Survival Rifle.

We have just started prepping, and would love advice. Thanks for looking!

My boy had to have a picture like this. Mama didn't want to be in it, for some reason...
                    Last edited by Globalwarmer; 04-22-2011, 04:08 PM.
                    "The enemy's gate is down."

Comment

did you try using the insert pictures feature? There's a toolbar above your post when editing it ( I think you need to go to advanced when editing a post you already made) and simply click on the picture icon which is to the right of the little globe
                      WHAT IF THE AMERICA YOU KNEW, WAS ABOUT TO CHANGE?

The best thing you can do to support the site is pass it on to your friends and fav sites like other forums, facebook, twitter etc. Let people know about us! :)

Comment

Originally posted by troubled troubadour View Post
                        A few more pics. The date on the pics are wrong. I took them today.
                        I like your map case. Can you tell us where you got it. Also, where did you get the term "shit tickets"? I haven't heard that word for a long time.

Comment

I have a Large ACU Molle II Rucksack with Sustainment Pouches. I bought it off of ebay for 55 bucks. I hate the ACU pattern, so I went and purchased some dark green DYE. It worked quite well. At least it doesn't glow in the dark anymore (LOL). I also bought an attachment bag for the front. I think it was on sale at sportsman guide. I put the dark green to it also. The DYE had a hard time taking to the pouch. I think it was becasue it was new. The Surplus army pack was older and a little more broken in. The Molle II ruck has 4000 cubic inches of space and 500 more with the Sustainment pouches attached to the sides. I researched for several months to find the most room for the best price and this was it.

The contents are pictured here. All the electronics are not kept in the bag. I keep them in a gutted microwave for potential EMP protection. If I need to move quickly, it will only take a minute or so to move them from the micro to the bag.

• 8 Topo maps of my area
                          • 3-4 days worth of food
                          • Proper multicam pants and shirt
                          • Israeli gas mask and new Micronel safety M-95 NBC CBR filter
                          • Cold weather stuff, extra socks t-shirts ect..
                          • Surplus Army Medic bag with new first aid stuff.
                          • Surplus Gortex
                          • Canadian Mesh laundry bag (makes a good net)
                          • 550 cord and weapon cleaning kit
                          • My old BC glasses from the Army
                          • 4 Survival blankets
                          • Pepper spray
                          • 12 snares and more 550 cord
                          • Surplus poncho liner and poncho
                          • Extra plastic bags and some spam.. ( I hate spam)
                          • Tooth Brush and Paste
                          • Lots of little candles
                          • Some old surplus trip wire (good for about anything)
                          • Tryoxene (heat tabs)
                          • Chem lights and zip ties
                          • Wet stone
                          • Notebook and binos
                          • Battery free flashlight
                          • Some extra ammo
                          • One kick ass sewing kit from hell
                          • Paint strainer cloth for water filtration
                          • 3 small knives and a leatherman
                          • Wind up pocket watch - magnesium fire starting tool
                          • Ranger handbook
                          • Potassium Iodide
                          • USB Battery charger
                          • Lots of rechargeable batteries
                          • Steripen
                          • Solar, crank emergency radio – weather, SW, radio and USB Charge port
                          • GMRS Radio
                          • AM – FM radio
                          • Night vision
                          • Duct tape
                          • More cold weather gear
                          Last edited by hminus; 04-22-2011, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hminus View Post
                            I like your map case. Can you tell us where you got it. Also, where did you get the term "shit tickets"? I haven't heard that word for a long time.
                            I'm five miles from an air force base so are local thrift stores always have some supplies. That's where I got my .99 cent map case. I'm always going to them to look for new gear and I've been successful. As far a the term shit tickets, you have my old man to blame for that.

Comment

Originally posted by troubled troubadour View Post
                              I'm five miles from an air force base so are local thrift stores always have some supplies. That's where I got my .99 cent map case. I'm always going to them to look for new gear and I've been successful. As far a the term shit tickets, you have my old man to blame for that.
                              Crap, for 99 cents, I want two of em...

Comment

I haven't broke down and unpacked mine for a pic yet.....but I can't believe I havent seen any fence pliers.....

Live like you'll die tomorrow, learn like you'll live forever.

Comment

Working...
                                X