Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In search of a good bag. Probably going with a MOLLE or and ALICE pack.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use a Alps Mtn. pack.(Denali) Its rated @ 5500 cu. It holds a ton of stuff with lots of side compartments & straps on the back. Recommend it highly.

Comment

I was thinking of going with the Duluth Pathfinder Pack ($200)...seems well made but reading about these Alice/Molle packs has opened my eyes. Thanks for the info!
      TNap

================================================== ====================

"If your not Always prepared...your Never prepared! - AF

Comment

My main Bob is a code alpha 3 day hydration bag. Comes with a 100oz hydration bladder and holds way more than 3 days worth of food, clothes, and supplies. I bought it new from us calvary for 80bucks. It is much better then the molle medium both in quality and comfort, not to mention storage.

Comment

My team used the Camelbak BFM in the desert.....worth the extra bucks....not an issue item of course..we purchased through US CAV, I bet cheaper than dirt carries as well. I think our ran us about 75-80 bucks or so. I also have a couple multicam assault packs that have the 100oz bladders built in....so many options there now a days.....hunting for them is the fun part! Enjoy.

Comment

I have a small day pack for my wife, I use an old two strap Army Duffel. I also use an "Old school" LBE to carry my water, magazines and a few other items. I like to keep it simple.

Comment

My main BOB is a large alice rucksack with frame I also have a camel back. Pretty tough bag. Carried it around Iraq and it worked well and is still going strong.

Comment

Alice bags are tough and cheap....but get a waterproof liner...finding a decent waterproof backpack that fits your needs is tough.....use smaller waterproof bags to keep stuff dry and easy to get to.....wet gear is no fun.....

Comment

I found the ALICE large to be a bit to big so I went with the medium for a long time and have it on the Azora Pack Mule frame. I never did like the way the pockets were secured so have always kept my eyes open. I saw the Recon Ruck from Spec Ops Brand at a gun show and decided to get one. At $114 on the website (I got mine for $90) it's definitely not the cheapest but does come with their lifetime guarantee and can say from past experience they stand behind their products. It is compatible with the ALICE, MOLLE and Azora frames but also has a full length closed cell foam pad in the back for using without a frame if you wish. Here's the details from the website:

SpecOpsbrand.com

Overall Dimensions:
                  17.5" high, 14" wide x 6.5" thick.
                  Main Compartment:
                  17.5" high x 14" wide x 6.5" thick @ 1,592.5 cubic inches.
                  Additional Pockets - 3 ea.:
                  11" high x 6" wide x 3.5" thick @ 231 cubic inches.
                  Total Capacity:
                  2,285.5 cubic inches.

Features & Benefits: Ruck capacity and organization with Assault pack comfort, versatility and durability. Constructed from1000D. Cordura® Nylon fabric. Removable, super comfortable and functional MTX shoulder harness system. Quick release buckle closures on pockets with on/off hook and loop redundant back-up closure. High tensile Nylon web used throughout. Accessory gear loops on bottom. Will accept standard issue LCII. Designed to be worn "Assault Pack" style, but can fit standard ruck frame. Removable 2" waist belt with "ENDLESS" adjustment - no flapping straps! 100% Made in the USA. Guaranteed for life.

I'm going to transfer from the old ruck to this one today and take it on a field trip next weekend to try it out. I'll post a review and some pics afterwards...
                  Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

Comment

Working...
                  X