Blackwater 3 Day Patrol Pack - Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackwater 3 Day Patrol Pack - Pics

I recent acquired what I feel to be a VERY good deal.

BlackWater Long Range 3 Day Patrol Pack

Ready to go with you wherever you have to go, the Blackwater Gear 3-Day Pack is a strong, dynamic carry-all. Over 3100 cubic inches of gear capacity. Roll-top and buckle feature keeps sand and moisture out of the main compartment. A wide, zippered outside pocket assures easy access to raingear and other essentials. Roll top feature makes gear stowing quick and easy.

Countered, padded shoulder straps.

Drag handles for easy carry.

Covered with PALS/MOLLE webbing to allow additional pouches wherever you need them.

Antenna port and hydration hose port assure continuous communication and hydration.

Infra-Red personal marker window with covering flap.

Hypalon® MOLLE compatible attachment points on bottom for additional mounting locations.

Can be used with standard ALICE frame or included internal sheet frame.

Pack includes waist belt for stability and distribution of weight.

External cinch laces/cords to tighten load. Two external vertical cinching straps.

Large drain holes in pack bottom.

Web and elastic sternum strap to allow for chest expansion.

Roll-top closure with supplemental drawstring and large covering flap with internal pocket.

Internal compartment for hydration reservoir.

YKK water/sand resistant zippers.

ITW-Ghillietex™ buckles and stays throughout pack.

Main compartment is accessible through roll top or secondary bottom zipper.

D-Ring attachment points on both padded shoulder straps.

Sewn-in air channels in back panel allow for cooling.

Two large side compartments with open channels to carry breaching tools or other large items.

Jump lowering line attachment point at bottom of pack.

Main compartment: 16" W x 8" D x 20" H (2560 cubic inches).

Two outer side pockets: 16" W x 1.5" D x 12" H (288 cubic inches each).

* Holds 4 30rd magazines
    * Hook & loop closure
    * MOLLE compatible
    * Fast flaps works with Magpulls
    * Fast flap

So far it looks pretty nice, really like ther rubber gaskets on the zippers, still learning and figuring things out on the pack though.

NOW the kicker is this is a $339 pack by Blackwater, they are getting out of the manufacturing business though I believe, and CFNN did a massive buy out of their gear, here's the smoking deal of the day for ya, this pack for $99 !!!

Check it out here: http://www.cdnninvestments.com/lorapapanewb.html

P.S Hope you enjoyed my sharing of pics, please do the same with your gear, pictures always make it nicer. SO PLEASE GO POST something! SHARE!! POST pics and comments about your gear
    WHAT IF THE AMERICA YOU KNEW, WAS ABOUT TO CHANGE?

The best thing you can do to support the site is pass it on to your friends and fav sites like other forums, facebook, twitter etc. Let people know about us! :)

Diesel,
    Is there an internal frame at all? I don't have a pack this large any longer but this certainly does look nice.

Could you post some pictures of the shoulder and waist straps system? Thanks for sharing, I want to send some of my gear but the pics from my cell phone are just awful.

Comment

Nice pack, I already have a Terra 60 for short trips. I think any pack you buy that is comfortable to you is good because you can modify it however you want. If you have a sewing machine or can sew by hand you can add all those module loops or even just sew on specific holsters, handles, straps for your gear.
      Perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim.
      ~ Be patient and tough; some day this pain will be useful to you.-Ovid

Mus uni non fidit antro.
      ~ A mouse does not rely on just one hole.-Plautus

Non semper erit aestas
      ~ It will not always be summer.

Comment

Diesel, ever get it set up???

I have been stewing over this backpack since you posted this...

So today the MIL asked me what I would like for Christmas... I dug through the Xcolony archives for this post, followed the link, and low & behold they are still in stock! So I am getting a khaki(blends well into my AO) one on Jesus's Birthday :)

FWIW I don't like black nylon gear as it is the absolute worst (tactical)color for outdoor use as it sticks out like a sore thumb! So I try not to use it...

The reason is once a group of us went camping. One of the fellars was testing out some new fleece which happened to be in black! We could tell exactly where he was at because the black color stood out. So next time someone is wearing black in the woods, take notice, you will!!! ;)

later,
        ZA

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to
        beat you to death with it because it is empty.

The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get.

Comment

That's because black does not naturally occur in nature.

I have not really set this pack up yet, sorry...

The best thing you can do to support the site is pass it on to your friends and fav sites like other forums, facebook, twitter etc. Let people know about us! :)

Comment

Very nice pack at a great price. I have a basic medium alice pack guess I will stick with that for now. I do wish I had the molle system, that is really sweet.
            The strongest reason for the people to retain their right to keep and bear arms is as a last resort to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

damn man it's too nice to beat up haha

Comment

Diesel,

I have been humping my around with my BOB gear, and the stitching is pulling away from the top D from the part where the grab handle is at :( However in 10 total miles of hiking with a 45 lb load, it did not fail :)

Tonight I spent a few hours sewing and reinforcing the area with kelvar sewing thread, a large needle and a Leatherman thimble. So we will see how that holds up...

Looks like it was a defective stitch... hopefully this will correct the defect:confused:

later,
                ZA

Comment

let's see pics of your loadout man, and your handywork sheesh.. do we not learn anything here? ;)

Otherwise are you completely happy with the pack?

Comment

Lol Diesel... I should have thought to take a pic when the stitching was pulling loose :( There is no way you will be critiquing my SLOPPY stitching except maybe in person... So I know "this post is worthless without pictures"...

I sewed the strap with the D-ring to the carry handle, then redid both of them through the pack... It is a PITA to sew through that many layers of nylon :(

The pluses are that it rides very well on my back and has plenty of room for all gear plus some ;) I am happy with the way it feels :)

Hopefully this half assed sewing job will hold up...

later,
                    ZA

Comment

I'm cheap...ordered 2 of these to try out...$29 each at LApolicegear.

Comment

dang snal are those a Camelbak Talon??? If not they resemble one very closely:eek:

Nice bag either way:cool:

later,
                        ZA

Comment

Originally posted by Zombie Axe View Post
                          dang snal are those a Camelbak Talon??? If not they resemble one very closely:eek:

Nice bag either way:cool:
                          "Diplomat"...I assume built for LAPG. It does have provisions for an optional hydration bladder. About 500 C.I. smaller than the one listed above. This was my gear purchase for the month. 2 packs, 4 shotgun scabbards, and 4 double mag pouches($9.99). The scabbards can attach via molle to the packs,or can be used with the included shoulder strap. They were on sale for $19.99
                          http://www.lapolicegear.com/diplomat...backpack1.html
                          http://www.lapolicegear.com/tactical...-scabbard.html
                          http://www.lapolicegear.com/511-tact...mag-pouch.html

Comment

Cool! You can really score some deals @ LA police gear :)

My talon is my URBAN pack. Not really setup for a bug out, but more for urban environments just to keep my hands free!

Looks like the diplomat is pretty much a mirror image of it :)

later,
                            ZA

Comment

I saw one of these in the John Wayne Airport. I assume it was being worn by a fellow survivalist. I ment to go back and ask the guy about his pack but he magicaly disappeared!
                              The road to serfdom is paved with free electric golf carts.

Comment

Working...
                              X