Organizing pouches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diesel View Post
    LOL i think the forum software would have automatically banned you and deported you to mexico if u had done that

Or posted the photos on hunkysurvivalist.com !!!

Comment

Okie Dokie. My bath time was completed with the dry pouches full of TP. I can say that they both turned out dry TP. I can say that these will be a valuable addition to my stuff. I also really like the built in metal clips. The writing on the box states that whatever used to be in these (Decon Packets) are poisonous and toxic. There are a lot of fancy latin names for the chemicals involved, but the containers appear clean. I did notice a mild sulphur smell when I opened the containers, but have since ran them through the rinse cycle of the dishwasher. Yes, my wife busted me doing that. And yes, I am sleeping in the spare room tonight.

I got five of these for $18.00, and used a $10.00 off coupon to remove the shipping charges. Thats about $3.50 each. Well worth the moola.

Last edited by Rustyshakelford; 09-26-2008, 07:11 PM.

Comment

ww thats a heck of a deal then!!! but you gotta wonder what was in them!

Originally posted by Rustyshakelford View Post
        Okie Dokie. My bath time was completed with the dry pouches full of TP. I can say that they both turned out dry TP. I can say that these will be a valuable addition to my stuff. I also really like the built in metal clips. The writing on the box states that whatever used to be in these (Decon Packets) are poisonous and toxic. There are a lot of fancy latin names for the chemicals involved, but the containers appear clean. I did notice a mild sulphur smell when I opened the containers, but have since ran them through the rinse cycle of the dishwasher. Yes, my wife busted me doing that. And yes, I am sleeping in the spare room tonight.

I got five of these for $18.00, and used a $10.00 off coupon to remove the shipping charges. Thats about $3.50 each. Well worth the moola.

WHAT IF THE AMERICA YOU KNEW, WAS ABOUT TO CHANGE?

The best thing you can do to support the site is pass it on to your friends and fav sites like other forums, facebook, twitter etc. Let people know about us! :)

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel View Post
          ww thats a heck of a deal then!!! but you gotta wonder what was in them!

The label says they were decon wipes. Should not be too dangerous. Plus, all the dangerous stuff is now in my dishwasher, waiting to contaminate my wifes bread pans.

Comment

Originally posted by Rustyshakelford View Post
            The label says they were decon wipes. Should not be too dangerous. Plus, all the dangerous stuff is now in my dishwasher, waiting to contaminate my wifes bread pans.
            I had a real chance to run one of these through the paces yesterday. I decided to use one to hold my high dollar digital camera with Zeiss lens. Needless to say, I dropped it into some drilling mud with a nice slick of crude and salt brine mixed in. Needless to say, it held up fine. It did not clean up too well, but everything I own is soaked with crude and salt brine anyhow. It now matches my cloths. I am going to buy another lot of them. I suggest them to anyone wanting some serious water/oil/salt proof hard containers.

Comment

Yes these are the containers for personal decon kits, which used to be a porous bag full of treated talcum powder, that were issued with gas masks. I think the chemical is rather benign unless taken internaly as it was meant to be used on human skin as well as clothing.
              Last edited by kenno; 10-18-2008, 06:12 PM.
              The road to serfdom is paved with free electric golf carts.

Comment

Still smells like sulphur inside. Should be harmless.

Comment

Working...
                X