No announcement yet.

Chat about the BOB Bag Contest here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would post pics of mine, too, but I am sure that compared to you big boys, mine would be just plain "sissy." Course, hubby carries the heavy load. :)

Comment

What happened to the other posts in the contest forum? I'd decided not to enter the contest due to what "I" think is unreasonable rule enforcement, but the topic seems to have died, and the posts in question have vanished. Is the violator still "banned" from the contest? (this is a very strange board).
      Perhaps the initial entry was too much to compete against? Still, the lone poster should have a chance at the prize, as his entry is awesome!

Comment

Guys n Girls it's not that hard, here are some examples on another great site
        http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewt...=4103&start=72

Let's get to it, post what ya have, even if it's still a work in progress

our contest thread is here
        http://xcolony.com/x/showthread.php?t=2249
        WHAT IF THE AMERICA YOU KNEW, WAS ABOUT TO CHANGE?

The best thing you can do to support the site is pass it on to your friends and fav sites like other forums, facebook, twitter etc. Let people know about us! :)

Comment

Good job Lostinoz keep the pics coming, looks like those contents vaccumed down nicely.

The best thing you can do to support the site is pass it on to your friends and fav sites like other forums, facebook, twitter etc. Let people know about us! :)

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel View Post
            Good job Lostinoz keep the pics coming, looks like those contents vaccumed down nicely.
            Diesel, yes, everything vacuums down very well.

I am slowly adding more pics to my BOB post. :)
            Last edited by Lostinoz; 04-17-2009, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Contest

Sorry Kids,
              My equip is strictly classified and it is released only on a need to known basis. Strictly due to the fact that as a Patriot of this country, whose family has served in all conflicts since WWI to my son presently serving. Now
              my kind are being eyed by Bloviating idiots like the majority of the current Administration. Sorry but hope you understand my PARANOIA!
              Waitnc

Comment

Originally posted by waitnc View Post
                Sorry Kids,
                My equip is strictly classified and it is released only on a need to known basis. Strictly due to the fact that as a Patriot of this country, whose family has served in all conflicts since WWI to my son presently serving. Now
                my kind are being eyed by Bloviating idiots like the majority of the current Administration. Sorry but hope you understand my PARANOIA!
                Waitnc, I do understand and respect your decision. I thought long and hard before posting and came to the conclusion that it is just a remote possibility that I have NOT been flagged by now. I have been hanging out on survivalist sites since about 1999.

I have nothing in my BOB that is illegal, of course this depends on when/if they change the laws taking away our rights. :mad: Of course, I don't think I have anything classified in my BOB. :D

Comment

Great posts so far!
                  I haven't posted yet out of sheer embarrasment.:o
                  After seeing the first two entries, I have realized how ill prepared I really am.... Which is probably the real point to this contest. I've probably seen over 50 items that I had not thought of, but can see a huge value in a bad situation.

Lostinoz,

What are you using to vacuum your items? Is it a standard grocery store food saver or something more robust? I really need one of those!!!
                  The 12ga.... It's not just for rabbits anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by slowz1k View Post
                    Great posts so far!
                    After seeing the first two entries, I have realized how ill prepared I really am.... Which is probably the real point to this contest. I've probably seen over 50 items that I had not thought of, but can see a huge value in a bad situation.

Lostinoz,

What are you using to vacuum your items? Is it a standard grocery store food saver or something more robust? I really need one of those!!!
                    Slowz1k, I purchased a Foodsaver back years ago and it was a great investment. I think it was approximately $150.00 with a couple of rolls of bags, I can't really remember. I use it for everything; Sealing meat purchased at the grocery store, bulk grains and pasta, etc. They may be cheaper now, I don't know. I can purchase the roll of bags at Wal-Mart now.

I also have the attachments in order to seal jars. I keep cocoa, rice, etc. in jars, not for any particular reason other than to keep mice out of it. :D

Here is a link to the one I have, apparently this model has been discontinued.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tilia-Food-Saver...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

Ok, I am finished adding pics of items in my BOB. :D Go ahead and critique it. Oh, and I usually have packets of water, however I used them on a recent hiking trip and haven't replenished them yet.
                      Last edited by Lostinoz; 04-17-2009, 11:37 AM.

Comment

You got it! That's exactly why we are running this contest to learn from each other and see where we are lacking, and find good ideas

Originally posted by slowz1k View Post
                        Great posts so far!

Lostinoz,

Comment

i agree on not sharing some things in the bob. there where several items i left out for just that reason. but for a free flashlight im in lol

Comment

Great updates Lostinoz, i had not seen those! Keep up the good work

Comment

Sorry guys

I tryed to get my crappy camera to work but i cant get them clear enough for the contest, sorry guys
                              Honey its just the cats, Put that @#$%ing thing away!

Comment

Nice BOB, Oly!! :D

Comment

Working...
                                X