accumulating gear.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Morgan101 View Post
    Sourdough: I don't think I hit 48. I'm probably closer to 24. I think at last count I had 10 fanny packs as well.

GG: I don't know if you get is over there, but in this month's issue of OFF GRID magazine there is an interesting article on this exact topic. They use six categories: Primitive Expert; Bushcrafter; Old-School Outdoorsman; Modern Adventurer; Gear Connoisseur; Extreme Geardo. I put myself in the Modern Adventurer category: " rarely accused of carrying to much or to little. Their gear might be a few years old, but it will stay in use until it wears out." Interesting read if you can find it.
    I don't think we can get it over here but i'll try.

Comment

You can start with one of those pre-built kits. Try it out camping for 3 days and figure what needs to be replaced with better gear.

It will build your experience and skill levels for the 5 levels of survival 72 hours.

Comment

GG: Try this link. Hope it works. offgridweb.com
        The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you are stupid, and make bad decisions.

Comment

GG: Try this link. Hope it works. offgridweb.com
          yes it does, thanks!

Comment

that is a great mag along with their other publication RECOIL
            I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you!

Comment

Just had to share this with everybody. This guy has more gear than a well stocked Bass Pro Shop. LOL :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_9tScSMlU0

Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you are stupid, and make bad decisions.

Comment

that guy could open a store.
                this sort of goes to show what I mean about storing gear.

Comment

I tried watching the video but is way to long and rambling... looked at some of his other videos and they're the same...
                  Does have a big collection but I'm thinking he's more of outdoors guy not prepper. When he talked about the packs they are packed for different trips, he didn't really talk to them being BOB's or similar.

I did like his ax rack.
                  I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you!

Comment

Totally agree CG. The video is way to long. I couldn't sit through the whole thing. Also agree that he is more of an outdoorsman than a Prepper. I was just kind of overwhelmed by the amount of gear he had, and I thought it was funny, especially after we had been discussing it here. As much as I like gear, I can't imagine why you would have that much!. It looks like he has a different piece of gear for every eventuality. I like redundancy. I am a huge sucker for things that can be used for multiple purposes. But come on?! There is a ton of money spent there that could have been used for better purposes.

Comment

that was a ridiculous amount of gear.

Comment

But come on?! There is a ton of money spent there that could have been used for better purposes.

While..........I am NOT disagreeing with you. And in an effort to keep this thread active. I ask yourself and others what is the better purpose that money could be used for.......???

One day you eat the chicken.....next day the left-over chicken.....next five days you eat chicken feathers, head and feet.

Comment

depends what he is accumulating this stuff for, I think its already been noted that he's not a prepper or a survivalist but more of just an outdoors person.

Comment

There are countless ways money can be spent, and I am trying not to be judgmental. How anybody spends their money, is their own business. A few alternative possibilities might be donations to a good cause; doing something nice for your family; helping any organization or school in need. Plant a tree in the park. Heck, you could buy a homeless person a meal, or leave a harried waitress a big tip. The list is endless.

Comment

Originally posted by grumpygremlin View Post
                              depends what he is accumulating this stuff for, I think its already been noted that he's not a prepper or a survivalist but more of just an outdoors person.
                              I have for a long time now questioned..........what is the difference between a "Outdoors Person" and a "Survivalist-Prepper" Person......??? Here in Alaska, I would bet my money on the "Outdoors Person" to have the highest probability of survival.
                              One day you eat the chicken.....next day the left-over chicken.....next five days you eat chicken feathers, head and feet.

Comment

There are countless ways money can be spent, and I am trying not to be judgmental. How anybody spends their money, is their own business. A few alternative possibilities might be donations to a good cause; doing something nice for your family; helping any organization or school in need. Plant a tree in the park. Heck, you could buy a homeless person a meal, or leave a harried waitress a big tip. The list is endless.
                                The reason that I ask is because I keep buying supplies. And if I had 20 years of supplies......I would likely just keep buying supplies. I keep looking for something to do with money, I look and I look. When I see nothing more prudent then buying more supplies. I shake my head at the lack of options, and just buy more supplies.

Comment

Working...
                                X