X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Santa Haul 2017

Show us what ya got!

MINE:

I got something in my stocking I've never seen before, and.... ITS AMAZING!!!!!!! Seriously, it blew my mind!

Luci Outdoor inflatable solar lantern! WOW. Something with the blow up plastic makes this thing unbelievably BRIGHT!

More info here:

https://mpowerd.com/

AND......

I got a metal detector!!!! WOOP!

My wife got a good deal on a Bounty Hunter Tracker IV. It's a starter detector and completely analog, which prefer! Hahahha! I already took it out today, up the road to test it and found THESE next to a creek in about 15 minutes!

That old Boy Scout emblem is old, not sure the date of the coins until I clean them. IM HOOKED!

-Buggy
    I'm not a fatalist. I'm a realist.

Well you must have been a good boy. Santa got you exactly what you wanted. I know you will have a great time. Hope there is much treasure in the future.
    The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you are stupid, and make bad decisions.

Comment

I got a Amazon Fire 7 tablet. That is so I can down load and maintain manuals and articles for future use.

Comment

We got a greenhouse from the kids. My son in law is going to set it up for us in early spring in time for planting season.

Comment

I'm happily exploring a book, The Natural Navigator.Click image for larger version

Name:	5122ytI6VnL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	212251

Seems like it might be of interest to others here, too.

Maybe someone knows about it already and can add to my description.

Apart from the idea of reading various signs--some already well known but many that are new to me--in my surroundings that give one a sense of which way is north, etc., I also like this for how it's written. Gooley weaves in interesting stories (bits of mythology, and so on) and frames the topic in terms of bigger questions and the way that such knowledge mattered, down through history.

All of that makes it interesting to read, so the information in it is easier to take in.
          The Natural Navigator: The Rediscovered Art of Letting Nature Be Your Guide [Tristan Gooley] on Amazon.com. *FREE* shipping on qualifying offers. <DIV><P>Before GPS, before the compass, and even before cartography, humankind was navigating. Now this singular guide helps us rediscover what our ancestors long understood―that a windswept tree
          Last edited by Schneb; 01-03-2018, 04:28 PM.
          Been there, done that. Then been there again several times, because apparently I never learn.

Comment

Working...
          X