1911 Holster

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911 Holster

Are all 1911 milsurp holsters leather? It's all I seem to find, although they look more like for a revolver.

Oh yeah! Like the 1911, the military didn't do much to upgrade its general purpose handgun holster until they started using Berettas. Then, we had to contend with that cheap canvas holster. I was in the Army when they had just transitioned to the Berretta. Our supply room had hundreds of the old WWII leather holsters. I wonder what happened to them all? Ha!

I believe Marine Force Recon still use a high speed 1911. I would try and find what they are using for holsters. If I were to guess from the top of my head, it would be the standard canvas MOLLE military handgun holster.

-Buggy
    I'm not a fatalist. I'm a realist.

Comment

It looks like they (Force Recon) are using some sort of Kydex holster:

Comment

Yeah...I couldn't find anything on the holster. This picture shows a Safariland tactical holster, whether Its issued, I would have to say no. They are great holsters, I wore one for years on duty. I will have to say, I like the Blackhawk SERPA a loot better. The SERPA has a release button where your fingers naturally lay when you are preparing to draw. The Safariland has a "hinge" that you have to push forward.

-Buggy
        Last edited by Buggyout; 10-20-2017, 07:47 PM.

Comment

SERPA holster:

Comment

Let me call some friends. The US Marine Corps never gives away good gear. Hell we still have M-1's and M-14's in storage.

Comment

Working...
            X