Flashlight Deal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flashlight Deal

A friend sent me this link regarding a deal on a flashlight. I am as big a sucker for flashlights as I am for backpacks. I know. Guilty as charged.

That being said, a 10,000 lumen flashlight with rechargeable batteries, and a charger for $8.00 I couldn't pass up. Mine has already shipped. When I get it I will post a review, but the link is listed below if anybody wants to give it a try.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Tactical-Police-10000Lumen-CREE-XM-L-T6-LED-5Modes-Flashlight-Aluminum-Torch-USA-/311830406761?_trkparms=5373%3A0%7C5374%3AFeatured
    The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you are stupid, and make bad decisions.

Be interested to hear what you think and to see if you think it's worth it. 10,000 lumens for $4.89... think I'm going to have to see to believe considering what a half decent 200 lumen light goes for. Other thing if it really does put out that much light I wonder how many minutes the batteries last.
    I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you!

Comment

Morg, did u get the lights yet? wondering how they ended up performing.

Comment

Just received them this week. I tried one but haven't had a chance to really put them to the test. They are cheap as you would expect. The flashlight comes with a rechargeable battery; a vehicle power adapter; an AC adapter for a 110 outlet; and a battery adapter which takes three AA batteries, so the flashlight can be used with regular batteries or the rechargeable battery. It was bright although I think 10,000 lumens is a stretch. It has a dimmer switch which can narrow or widen the field of the beam. Maybe, when the field was narrow and it was brightest would you reach that level but I don't think so.

The thing that would cause me concern was the on/off switch. It is in the middle of the flashlight, and it was light to the touch. If you carried it in a BOB it would be susceptible to being turned on if something pressed against the switch. I haven't had a chance to see how long the battery will last if you have it on full power. I will try to put them through a few tests and report back. I think this would be O.K. in a kitchen or den sitting in a drawer where it wouldn't be disturbed. I might be O.K. for a car if the glove compartment wasn't too stuffed.

I wasn't disappointed, but I wasn't thrilled either. It will be O.K. for the way I will use it. Any other tests you can think of I would be willing to try.
        The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you are stupid, and make bad decisions.

Comment

be interesting to fully charge the rechargeable battery and then turn it on and keep checking back to see how many hours it take till it's burned down to where the light isn't bright enough to use to see much of anything. Maybe same test with something like Duracell AA.

Comment

Working...
          X