for all you chocolate lovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• for all you chocolate lovers

You need to have hershey's cocoa in your preps, along with heavy cream in freezer, unflavored gelatin, sugar, and vnilla extract. then when your pudding runs out and you can't get anymore you can make chocolate mousse.

1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
    1 tablespoon cold water
    1/2 cup sugar
    1/4 cup hershey's cocoa
    1 cup ( 1/2 pt.) cold whipping cream (I store whipping cream in freezer and take out day before to put in fridge.)
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1: Sprinkle gelatin over cold water in small bowl, let stand 1 minute to soften. Add boiling water, stir until gelatin is completely dissolved and mixture is clear. cool slightly.
    2: Stir together sugar and hershey's cocoa in medium bowl, add whipping cream and vanilla. Beat on medium speed of electric mixer, scraping botto of bowl occasionally until mixture if stiff. Pour in gelatin mixture, beat until well blended. Spoon into serving dishes.
    3: Refrigerate about 30 minutes before serving. Garnish as desired. cover and refrigerate leftover dessert.
    makes about six 1/4 cups to 1/3 cup servings.
    enjoy
    Aj

Om nom nom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

None for you Ames!!!! I will save you from those refined sugars!!! (Just send them my way!)
      "Oh, America. I wish I could tell you that this was still America, but I've come to realize that you can't have a country without people. And there are no people here. No, my friends. This is now the United States of Zombieland"

"The constitution does not guarantee our safety, only our liberty!" Robert Steed before congress 3/2013

Skills Beats Stuff

Comment

This sounds evil.

Comment

And then there is quickie fudge.
          Quick to make, quickly eaten. Using 1 part cocoa to 2 parts sugar (powdered is best but in SHTF you can't be picky) 1 part fat ( soft butter best, but lard works as does any mild oil) sprinkle of salt (about 1/8 tsp per 3 tbsp of cocoa). Stir, stir and stir all together. If to thick to stir add a drop or 2 of water or milk if needed to get the consistency of mashed potatoes. If to thin add more cocoa/sugar. Serve by giving each person a teaspoon full, in the spoon and let them lick away. Add more cocoa for a darker chocolate, less for a lighter chocolate taste.
          Have done this for years (since I was a child) and my kids still make it for themselves when the chocolate desire overtakes them. Nice thing is you can make just a small amount for one or 2 people or a large amount. Like 1 tbsp cocoa, 2 tbsp sugar, 1 tbsp fat, sprinkle of salt and a couple of drops of milk for one person. By the time you get it eaten you will know for sure if you want more!

Comment

This sounds good also. Will try it when the kids are over this weekend.
            AJ

Comment

Thanks...like I`m not fat enough already
              "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." Plato

That Government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves.

— Thomas Jefferson

You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot lift the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer.

— Abraham Lincoln

I was so embarrassed today. I got caught peeing in the pool. When the lifeguard yelled at me I jumped and damn near fell in.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Gotta have the chocolate fix.

Comment

OMG!!! Death by Chocolate. I won't want to survive. Does Hershey's Cocoa have a shelf life? Sounds like something that would be good to add to preps all the time.
                  The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you are stupid, and make bad decisions.

Comment

Hershey's Cocoa
                    Does have an expiration date printed on the pkg now. However it is verrrry low in fat as 99% has of the fat has been removed. For instance I bought a large container of their dark cocoa when it first came out several years ago. It's best by date was 2013. I used it to make a devil's food cake and icing for Thanksgiving and it turned out great! So kept in the standard cool, dry, dark place (my pantry) it will last for at least 5 years. I made hot chocolate a couple of days later and had the same good results. I never use the microwave to make scratch cocoa, always the stove top method. It just taste better to me. Now when using the instant, hot water is hot water, no matter how you heat it.

Comment

I have oven canned my cocoa and have had no problems. Used the last of it at Thanksgiving and had it almost 8 years. I am doing that on a lot of things now. Seems oven canning has worked very well with flour, rice and powder milk. Although now I just put rice in mylar bags with O2 obsorbers and then into a 5 gal. bucket. less canning jars to use.

Comment

Try this at home 2 month before.... such a superb recipe

Comment

Working...
                        X