Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ziplock Omelets:

Ziplock Omelets:

This works great!!! Good for when you're alone or when all your family is together. The best feature is that no one has to wait for their special omelet. Have the guests write their name on a Quart Size Ziploc Freezer Bag with a permanent marker.

1. Crack 2 eggs into the quart size Ziploc bag (not more than 2) shake to combine them.

2. Put out a variety of ingredients such as: Cheeses, Ham, Onions, Green Peppers, Tomatoes, Hash Browns, Salsa, Etc.

3. Each guest adds prepared ingredients of choice to their bag and shakes the bag to mix them well.

4. Make sure to get the air out of the bag and zip it up.

5. Place the bags into rolling, boiling water for exactly 13 minutes. You can usually cook 6-8 omelets in a large pot. If you have more omelets, make another pot of boiling water.

6. Cut the bags and the omelet will roll out easily. Be prepared for everyone to be amazed.

7. Nice to serve with fresh fruit and coffee cake; everyone gets involved in the process and it becomes a great conversation piec

Imagine having these ready the night before, and putting the bag in boiling water while you get ready. And in just 13 minutes you have a nice omelet for a quick breakfast.
    Attached Files
    "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." Plato

That Government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves.

— Thomas Jefferson

You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot lift the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer.

— Abraham Lincoln

I was so embarrassed today. I got caught peeing in the pool. When the lifeguard yelled at me I jumped and damn near fell in.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Awsome thanks for the tip like the whole thing I am going to try it when I get home from work.
    NONSOLIS RADIOS SEDIOUIS FULMINA MITTO

Comment

Originally posted by Chefsimms View Post
      Ziplock Omelets:

This works great!!! Good for when you're alone or when all your family is together. The best feature is that no one has to wait for their special omelet. Have the guests write their name on a Quart Size Ziploc Freezer Bag with a permanent marker.

1. Crack 2 eggs into the quart size Ziploc bag (not more than 2) shake to combine them.

2. Put out a variety of ingredients such as: Cheeses, Ham, Onions, Green Peppers, Tomatoes, Hash Browns, Salsa, Etc.

3. Each guest adds prepared ingredients of choice to their bag and shakes the bag to mix them well.

4. Make sure to get the air out of the bag and zip it up.

5. Place the bags into rolling, boiling water for exactly 13 minutes. You can usually cook 6-8 omelets in a large pot. If you have more omelets, make another pot of boiling water.

6. Cut the bags and the omelet will roll out easily. Be prepared for everyone to be amazed.

7. Nice to serve with fresh fruit and coffee cake; everyone gets involved in the process and it becomes a great conversation piec

Imagine having these ready the night before, and putting the bag in boiling water while you get ready. And in just 13 minutes you have a nice omelet for a quick breakfast.
      Do not put it in the microwave, or it may blow up…I should have but this statement in the original post….
      Attached Files
      "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." Plato

That Government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves.

— Thomas Jefferson

You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot lift the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer.

— Abraham Lincoln

I was so embarrassed today. I got caught peeing in the pool. When the lifeguard yelled at me I jumped and damn near fell in.

Comment

I'll have to try this, Sunday maybe..
        "We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately."
        -Ben Franklin

Comment

Chef,
          Really great tip. Got anymore like it. Thanks.
          ie. especially with venison.

Dale

Comment

AWESOME! Good for camping too.

- Buggy
            I'm not a fatalist. I'm a realist.

Comment

And fewer dishes to wash!!

Comment

Originally posted by Buggyout View Post
                AWESOME! Good for camping too.

- Buggy
                Lots of fun at the camp site with a groupe of boy or girl scouts...

— Thomas Jefferson

— Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by dalewick View Post
                  Chef,
                  Really great tip. Got anymore like it. Thanks.
                  ie. especially with venison.

Dale
                  There are so many tips that can be posted...I will begain posting a few at a time...

— Thomas Jefferson

— Abraham Lincoln

Comment

There are so many tips that can be posted...I will begain posting a few at a time...
                    Thank you Chef. I appreciate it and I'm sure others do also.

Dale

Comment

Great info thanks!!!!

Comment

Has anyone other then I tried it yet...

— Thomas Jefferson

— Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Have a lot to catch up on. this is a great idea. will have to try it when my grandson and granddaughters come over this week-end. We are all getting together to discuss the land and how to fix up the house. So this will be a great and fast breakfast to fix. thinks for the idea.
                          AJ

Comment

Good idea it will make good use of all those powder eggs I have in storage.

Comment

Has anyone other then I tried it yet...
                              We've been making them for years when on camping trips. To economize further on clean up we eat them right out of the bag.

A variation I tried this fall was to boil cake mix in a ZipLoc bag. I made up the mix according to directions and portioned it into four 1Qt bags. Then at the camp site I boiled them up. It tasted like cake, but looked kind of funky.
                              If it was man made it can be man re-made.

Comment

Working...
                              X