Clear All

• Buggy's Extreme Beans and Rice Recipe

Buggy's Extreme Beans and Rice Recipe

Beans:

1 - 16oz Package of dried beans
    1 - Large Onion chopped
    3 - Tbls of Garlic powder
    2 - Dried Bay Leafs
    * - Siracha Hot sauce or other brand to taste.
    Salt and pepper to taste.

Pick beans clean, soak for 4 hours. Rinse and place beans, onion, garlic powder, bay leaves in pot with water covering. Bring to boil. Turn down heat and simmer until most of the water is gone. Add Salt and pepper and hot sauce to taste.

Rice:

Rinse rice, add water to cover an inch above. Boil on high heat. Add a dollop of butter (Or oil) stir and cover on low heat, or next to campfire.

Place rice in a bowl, make a volcano with rice. Place beans in volcano. Eat. :cool:
    I'm not a fatalist. I'm a realist.

That sounds awesome. I'll have to give it a try

Comment

Sounds good…did you know the main reason that rice and beans are served together (Besides tasting good) When they are served together they are complementary proteins

Sources of Complementary Proteins
      Grains Legumes Nuts/Seeds
      Barley Beans Sesame seeds
      Bulgur Lentils Sunflower seeds
      Cornmeal Dried peas Walnuts
      Oats Peanuts Cashews
      Buckwheat Chickpeas Pumpkin seeds
      Rice Soy products Other nuts
      Pasta
      Rye
      Wheat
      "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." Plato

That Government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves.

— Thomas Jefferson

You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot lift the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer.

— Abraham Lincoln

I was so embarrassed today. I got caught peeing in the pool. When the lifeguard yelled at me I jumped and damn near fell in.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I tried this. Really good one. Thanks Buggy.

Comment

Working...
        X