Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Early Christmas present...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Early Christmas present...

    Gave the wife her new Dyson Vacuum...(judging by the reaction... that should do me for the rest of the year)...then she hands me a new FoodSaver Vacuum sealer!...we both got Vaccuums!:D
    I'd been showing her the DIY MRE pages over the last few days...I guess she took the hint.

  • #2
    Originally posted by snal View Post
    Gave the wife her new Dyson Vacuum...(judging by the reaction... that should do me for the rest of the year)...then she hands me a new FoodSaver Vacuum sealer!...we both got Vaccuums!:D
    I'd been showing her the DIY MRE pages over the last few days...I guess she took the hint.

    Something is missing from that post.....what can it be?


    Oh yeah

    PHOTOS

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Rustyshakelford View Post
      Something is missing from that post.....what can it be?


      Oh yeah

      PHOTOS

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by snal View Post
        Dag nabbit. Not the vacuum ( although the wife makes the photo much nicer :D) but the sealer!!!

        Comment


        • #5
          Oh!...you meant the other vacuum!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by snal View Post
            Oh!...you meant the other vacuum!
            You could have included the wife in that photo too!! :p

            Nice sealer. You use it yet? Got lots of bags for it?

            Comment


            • #7
              It came with 2ea 14' rolls. I only used it to split up 5lbs of ground beef so far. Works like a charm!...and very simple to operate. It has an anti-crush feature, moist and wet settings, and fast or slow vacuum settings (which I think is the anti-crush thang). It also has a kit to do rigid containers. I'd like to find the bag rolls in bulk, to try to get the cost per foot down. Best I've found so far is .34 per foot.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by snal View Post
                It came with 2ea 14' rolls. I only used it to split up 5lbs of ground beef so far. Works like a charm!...and very simple to operate. It has an anti-crush feature, moist and wet settings, and fast or slow vacuum settings (which I think is the anti-crush thang). It also has a kit to do rigid containers. I'd like to find the bag rolls in bulk, to try to get the cost per foot down. Best I've found so far is .34 per foot.
                Very cool. Can you do dry stuff like flower and sugar in it witout sucking the powder into the vacuum?

                Comment


                • #9
                  BTW...I saw it at Sears for $139 and was going to use a Sears gift card that I have...but the wife found it at Sam's for $99.
                  We've been trying to buy what we can at Sears lately, due to the way they treat their military service employees.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Rustyshakelford View Post
                    Very cool. Can you do dry stuff like flower and sugar in it witout sucking the powder into the vacuum?
                    Hmmm?...good question...I'll try it and see.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Ok...just tried some flour, which should be about as fine as I would ever try to seal. Initially, the vacuum did not pull any of the flour from the bag, but at the very last second of vacuum it did try to pull a thin line of flour at both corners, only a small trace made it to the vacuum tray. This unit has a latch on the door to hold it down fairly tight, I suppose that just barely allows room for the vacuum to function.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by snal View Post
                        Ok...just tried some flour, which should be about as fine as I would ever try to seal. Initially, the vacuum did not pull any of the flour from the bag, but at the very last second of vacuum it did try to pull a thin line of flour at both corners, only a small trace made it to the vacuum tray. This unit has a latch on the door to hold it down fairly tight, I suppose that just barely allows room for the vacuum to function.
                        Cool. So, your recommendation on vacuum sealing flour?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Rustyshakelford View Post
                          Cool. So, your recommendation on vacuum sealing flour?
                          I cut the bag a bit large, so that the flour took up roughly 1/3 the bag volume, shook it so that all of the flour rested at the bottom rather than being spread out, then sealed. I think it will do fine this way, although the included guide suggested that you place a coffee filter in the bag...over the flour. I personally don't see the need. There's no way that the filter would have stopped that last little pull, and the tip does state to put the filter "on top" of the flour. I think it might be a good idea to use a narrow piece of filter material over the outside on the bag just to prevent any dust getting into the pump, but only if you're doing a lot of flour/powder sealing.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Very cool. Thanks for the info!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              yeah we need to see the wife with the sealer sheesh man get it right!
                              WHAT IF THE AMERICA YOU KNEW, WAS ABOUT TO CHANGE?

                              The best thing you can do to support the site is pass it on to your friends and fav sites like other forums, facebook, twitter etc. Let people know about us! :)

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X