Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I found an amazing thing!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I found an amazing thing!!

    To make a long story short, I was talked into going to a Casino while in Oklahoma. I took $20.00 and got very lucky and walked away with $190.00. I decided to spend it all on survival stuff. This is one item I found. It is long term storage, no refrigeration needed real, hormone free milk!!! I have not tried it yet, but look at the expiration date on this stuff!!!






    And it is even Kosher for all the Goyem, should you have a need for that. I do not.

  • #2
    When I lived in Australia irradiated milk was quite common. The packaging was simular but labeled 'Irradiated'. Since the milk was totaly sterile it would keep for almost 72 hours with-out spoiling after it was opened. Even out in the bush I could have fresh milk! I believe your milk is whats called 'Shelf Stabilized', pasturized and packaged which works great but is not sterile and has a shorter shelf life, but is still great stuff!
    The road to serfdom is paved with free electric golf carts.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by kenno View Post
      When I lived in Australia irradiated milk was quite common. The packaging was simular but labeled 'Irradiated'. Since the milk was totaly sterile it would keep for almost 72 hours with-out spoiling after it was opened. Even out in the bush I could have fresh milk! I believe your milk is whats called 'Shelf Stabilized', pasturized and packaged which works great but is not sterile and has a shorter shelf life, but is still great stuff!
      Heck, 5 months without a cooler!!! Not bad. Plus, I just grabbed the first one on the shelf. Usually the newest arrivals are in the rear. Could be longer if I looked around. 4 pints of Guiness did not make my mind too clear at the time.

      Comment


      • #4
        Local grocery stores carry Parmalat brand "homogenized" milk. Comes in liter size as well as "drink box" sized which is perfect for a bowl of cereal.

        Homogenzied milk is pretty much all you will find in the grocery stores in Germany. Don't think I had any fresh milk there at any time. Chow time in the military on FTX (field training exercises) usually had the drink box sized ones for our cereal, green eggs and ham;)

        Homogenized milk also has a "unique" flavor and is an acquired taste. The stuff lasts for a long time and I like to use it out in the field:cool:
        73

        later,
        ZA

        Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to
        beat you to death with it because it is empty.

        The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Zombie Axe View Post
          Local grocery stores carry Parmalat brand "homogenized" milk. Comes in liter size as well as "drink box" sized which is perfect for a bowl of cereal.

          Homogenzied milk is pretty much all you will find in the grocery stores in Germany. Don't think I had any fresh milk there at any time. Chow time in the military on FTX (field training exercises) usually had the drink box sized ones for our cereal, green eggs and ham;)

          Homogenized milk also has a "unique" flavor and is an acquired taste. The stuff lasts for a long time and I like to use it out in the field:cool:
          I sure do remember the good old days of fresh moo juice from our cow ZiZi. Nothing like real fresh cream out of the cow on corn flakes with honey!! I have not had real milk in years.

          Comment


          • #6
            OMG the army is STILL serving those green eggs? 35 years ago I was eating the same eggs in Germany!
            The road to serfdom is paved with free electric golf carts.

            Comment


            • #7
              I actually opened one up this last week. I drink European style coffee, super strong coffee mixed 50% with milk and sweetened until syruppie. This milk tasted pretty darn good. I bought 5 more to keep in the cupboard. I recommend this product.

              Comment


              • #8
                Rusty,

                This form of packaging is precisely how I purchase not only real milk from cows, but also Rice Dream Rice Milk, Soy Dream Soy Milk, and EdenSoy Soy Milk. It works great when you want to save fridge space only for the milk that you have already opened.

                Although I am accustomed to non-fat dry powdered milk, I also use the vacuum-boxed milks as well and have no problems with it, even when the date is expired by a few months.

                The discount grocery store in Denver, NC sells vacuum-boxed milks past their expiration dates at about half of the price of the same milks sold in grocery stores within the expiration date.

                You wrote:

                And it is even Kosher for all the Goyem, should you have a need for that. I do not.
                I thought it was the Goyim who didn't need the Kosher designation...or are you testing the reader's knowledge of the subject and pulling our legs?

                ;)
                Last edited by TheUnboundOne; 12-13-2008, 06:36 PM.
                "Apocalypse is by no means inevitable." --Jim Rice.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by TheUnboundOne View Post
                  Rusty,

                  This form of packaging is precisely how I purchase not only real milk from cows, but also Rice Dream Rice Milk, Soy Dream Soy Milk, and EdenSoy Soy Milk. It works great when you want to save fridge space only for the milk that you have already opened.

                  Although I am accustomed to non-fat dry powdered milk, I also use the vacuum-boxed milks as well and have no problems with it, even when the date is expired by a few months.

                  The discount grocery store in Denver, NC sells vacuum-boxed milks past their expiration dates at about half of the price of the same milks sold in grocery stores within the expiration date.

                  You wrote:



                  I thought it was the Goyim who didn't need the Kosher designation...or are you testing the reader's knowledge of the subject and pulling our legs?

                  ;)
                  It is kind of a play on words. Goyem means "Non-Jew" or a non-believer. Early Christians took Goyem and changed it to mean Non-Christian Jews. Thus, some modern interpretations refer to Jewish folks as non-believers, and keepers of the old laws. Of course some groups use it as a racial epitath also.

                  Yes, in the traditional sense of the word, and if I were a Jew, I would refer to Christians as "Goyem" or not of the people. But as a Christian, it can be used to refer to non-Christian Jews who still keep the dietary customs.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X