Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have the Sawyer filters and a Katadyn. We also have Life Straws, Iodine tablets, and Bleach. I always thought boiling and bleach would do the job. Am I being naïve? We have several methods of boiling even if there is no power. I like to think I am prepared, but open to suggestion if I am missing something.
    The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you are stupid, and make bad decisions.

Comment

We also have several ways to purify water for drinking.. That is one thing I made sure of long ago. Something that everyone should now be taking a look at for longer term use.

Comment

Boiling will kill all bugs, but it will not remove lead and such. or certain pesticides, chemicals. oil products or radiation. In fact boiling tends to concentrate these.

Comment

Been trying to go through some things that was stored way back in a closet for a long, long time in a card board box. I had forgotten about these things. Hubby helped me get the box out so I could go through it. I had some camping stuff as well as 4 seychelle water straws and 2 of the water bottles. They are dual-chambered extreme water filter straws for removing radiation from water. I had forgotten all about these. Had to go on line to find out how good they were. Seems to be very good ones. So I guess they are keepers. I am trying to get all my water filters, iodine tabs, and such together in one place with my berkey filters. I have a 6 gal bucket to set all these in so I can keep them together and be able to grab them when needed. I have sawyer straws and life straws also that I am getting together. I feel that this is the time to make sure of our inventory and that we have everything in order. We already did it with the food so now it's time for all the non food items such as the water filters, etc. Then I will know what to do better from there.

Comment

Working...
          X